View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've had it fully zoomed out past max since I began playing. It was one of the first things my friends told me to do when I started. I really don't like the change. They could have just increased it for everyone. The people who hadn't previously noticed and the people who already used it wouldn't have been impacted. I don't understand why every time Blizzard has the choice of changing something to include everyone, or screw a certain group, they always choose to disrupt their player base. I won't quit over it unless it's actually impacting game play. The first time the camera boss becomes a thing is the last day I play. If that's the best mechanic they can come up with after ten years, then I would definitely be done. If it's not impacting, I won't like it but will keep playing.

Nothing wrong in beta here.

This camera distance is fine.

(Max slider in beta, no console commands.)

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because as they said, the game experience wasn't designed around numbers above the default UI slider.
    But people don't like that excuse, so they conveniently ignore it.
    The game experience isn't designed around dps meters, DoT timers, and boss mods either, but you don't see blizzard disabling those.

Works fine for me. Then again, I play a healer, all I have to do is play whack-a-health bar and keep you jokers alive long enough to get me my loot.

I've done Archi on mage and frost DK before the patch, didn't notice much difference. Never used the CVAR thing, didn't really have a problem.

I get that people liked their old way, but I don't see how this is 'awful'.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    I've done Archi on mage and frost DK before the patch, didn't notice much difference. Never used the CVAR thing, didn't really have a problem.

I get that people liked their old way, but I don't see how this is 'awful'.
    People being over dramatic about things as usual is all.

I honestly didn't even notice anything different...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I honestly didn't even notice anything different...
    I think people who noticed the difference preferred to play wow-RTS instead of wow-RPG, old camera distance allowed to zoom out far af.

On topic, this is current max distance on live. TBH, that's quite far.

Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-27 at 03:10 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Quoted for truth. FF14 has less zoom. Still playable but I wish I could scroll out a bit more. Again people are overreacting about nothing.
    Wow did not know that about FF14, and people are singing its praises of how much they like it makes you wonder..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Wow did not know that about FF14, and people are singing its praises of how much they like it makes you wonder..
    The camera zoom is fine but compared to WoW even WoW's current one it is less. In FF14 that is. Still decent and easily playable by all means but I think they should increase it in FF14 in the distant future.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-27 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    I am melee, if you can't raid lead with the changes you shouldn't be a raid leader. Everyone has the same options to them now. Bliz said that the camera distance change is the not causing the motion sickness, other camera changes are.
    Everyone had those options before. Just like today everyone has the options to use console and increase draw distances, reduce fog, increase ground clutter, etc. Also, they in fact stated they didn't 'think' it was the cause, they are not sure.

Personally, it doesn't affect me, but I think this crusade against options is silly and selfish. In fact, unless you have a 21:9 screen, I have a clear advantage over you, and there is nothing Blizz can realistically do about it ... unless you want to force aspect ratio; then we have to go with the least common denominator which is 4:3 because not everyone with hamster boxes have a widescreen monitor. Why not limit refresh rates to 30 fps, since some people play on monitors like that?

You have always had a choice, now some people don't have one that they greatly preferred. Maybe if you tried to relate to something you appreciate in the game that others didn't, and imagined that being changed or taken away, you might be able to have the slightest bit of empathy and respect for those of differing opinions and not dismiss them and act like some champion for a cause that didn't even exist a couple months ago. Did you know or care about this issue last year? in Cata? in Wrath? in BC? Why do you care so much now?

What difference does it make to your gameplay and enjoyment of the game if others had a view distance farther than yours? further out than you care to have yours? What if it they just did it in the open world? when flying? on old continents?

Do you feel me having everything on 10+ SSAO+CMAA and ~console commands with everything turned way up past what most people dream of affect you? If so, why?

Like I said, for me, I didn't even have it out much further than currently since I came back recently; even though I used to have it maxed out for years. Maybe because I've dabbled in other mmos without such far cameras, maybe I've changed ... doesn't matter, I've been there and can understand; and I'd probably use it out in the open world, say leveling an alt in outland as an example ... flying from zone to zone as another.

They have every right to, but it 'feels' more like they are saying "these are our toys you are borrowing and you must play with them how we see fit, now however your imagination takes you". That is fine, but when they do that a lot to many little things, it can weigh on some people more than others and some may just go play with someone else. When you are a business, you probably shouldn't just pick at stuff that doesn't really affect anything that in turn you know a lot of the more involved, long term players will be the ones who noticed and get irritated by it.

I don't feel you have stated any reasonable argument against the old camera max distance; the basic response is parroting Blizz and claiming any valid arguments people have that doesn't align with your opinion are instead invalid and they must come up with something else ... which is being completely unreasonable and selfish.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

I mostly do world content & 5-mans (on any level) with occasional raids (LFR or Normal).

I've never used the increased camera distance command, so this change doesn't really hurt me.
    That said - I'm really sorry for people who used it and now feel like something important was taken away from them. I didn't feel they've had an unfair advantage or something and personally, I'd be happy if Blizzard reversed this change all together. Just because I think that generally more options and ways to customize the game is a good thing.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2016-07-27 at 02:22 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think its a major issue most of the time. However, when fighting something like Archimonde and you cannot see anything higher than his crotch (or tentacles if ranged) it's kind of disappointing.

As most others have said, the reasons for removing the option is ridiculous. What exactly does it achieve?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    On topic, this is current max distance. TBH, that's quite far.
    Is that on beta? This is the max camera distance on live:

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Is that on beta? This is the max camera distance on live:

-- pic
    Nope, on live.

Clarified it in my previous comment.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-27 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Would you be willing to play a game where camera micromanagement will become a major element of gameplay in raids?
    Nope, not quitting the game but I'm not going to raid.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its been 12 years that excuse has long past..
    We said the same about flying and our complaints fell on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    Nothing wrong in beta here.

This camera distance is fine.

(Max slider in beta, no console commands.)

snip

But its not this, so it isn't enough!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    This is amazing... had a good laugh

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747275113
    what the hell is this

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    This is amazing... had a good laugh

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747275113
    That is hilarious.