Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I thought Ele was doing well in pre patch? Do they scale really badly then?

I really enjoy Frost DK's and really want to enjoy Unholy so I can main my DK without fear of the spec I'm not keen on being the go to spec, I just can't seem to make Unholy click despite all the good things people are saying about it
    The ring and current trinkets really obscure the specs damage. Having said that elemental is bottom 3rd for damage in Legion currently.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Best: Beast Mastery hunter, SV Hunter, Assa rogue... most specs are fun really, but I love BM.
    Worst: I never enjoy Balance druids.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Honestly think that, from the little I have played of it, assassination has got to be the worst designed spec in the game.

Firstly, they basically have a 3 button rotation, onenof which is an easy to maintain dot, secondly the talents are boring and lack any sense of impact. Finally, as far as I can tell they have totally missed the class fantasy. Assassination Rogues are supposed to use poisons and quick lethal strikes to quickly dispose of their foes, what the gameplay comes across as is making something bleed then sitting their waiting for it to die...
    I'm guessing you havent checked out the hemorrhage + Exsanguinate playstyle then, because it's basically just as (if not just as) complicated as subtlety.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    So i told my guild i wanted to switch from warrior to pala in legion because i got literarry cancer in WoD because of arms.

Then i played couple weeks ago ret in legion and cried

So yeah worst designed is definitiv ret
    Come to the Fury side. Why play puny Ret or simpleton Arms? Both use only one giant sword when Fury will let you wield two at the same time.

2 > 1

Obviously Fury is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Come to the Fury side. Why play puny Ret or simpleton Arms? Both use only one giant sword when Fury will let you wield two at the same time.

2 > 1

Sounds like overcompensation to me

I am drawn to my destro lock but I think that could be more because of how much time I've invested in it as its been my main for so long, it's familiar and very safe, if I was new to the game I don't think I'd pick a lock as my main, I enjoy frost dk but not too keen on unholy so scared to main a dk in case frost is terrible, I enjoy all 3 Mage specs but find the talents boring and they can be squishy, I mained a hunter in cata but honestly found MM to be really boring and annoying in dungeons since 7.0.3. hmm really stuck on what class or spec to main!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    best = ww monk, shadow priest, outlaw rogue to an extent, but not really
    worst = all warlock specs, dks, hunters, enhancement, elemental, frost mage, disc priest, sub rogue, assa rogue, ret pala.. pretty much every spec outside of ww monk and shadow priest
    lol, it sounds like you have a hard life.

Best: Outlaw rogue, Enhance Sham
    Worst: Hunter (RIP)

Assassination rogue is amazing imo. The burst you can push in beginning of fights is crazy and it's actually viable again, last time assassination was viable was in wotlk/cata afaik. Sub is boring though. But the worst spec of them all has to be retribution paladin, i've mained pally since BC and i can't even bother to log on to that character anymore after the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    UH DK's for example, no petmanagement at all, and the only dot they have left spreads on it's own. You really can't do anything that wrong but at the same time you can't pull anything awesome off either.
    Sorry but that is a terrible, terrible 'example'. Pet management did not get cut down what so ever. A good UH DK knows that you can still 'Gnaw' or pet empowered leap (charge / interrupt), or hook enemies with the new Sludge Belcher.

Also what do you mean dots just spread themselves on it's own? Did you actually play UH DK in 6.2.3? Unholy Blight / Outbreak ring a bell? You do the same thing now as you did before. It's just a LOT smoother now. You don't have to manage stacks of Necroblight and make sure UH blight is up for when it expires on the target.

Sorry, but you have no idea lel.

2 > 1

no no... you sel them on it with a line like:

GIVE IN TO YOU RAGE. Fury, where the whirlwinds re forever free

Best of what I played.

Best: Fury warrior
    Worst:Ret and my main is a ret >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Best is DK, worst are Lock and Paladin.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's unfair to critique class design when they are currently unfinished. Even in Beta because obviously Beta doesn't count.

I'll hold my judgments until I hit 110 and start doing max level stuff. That being said I am really liking hunters.

Best: Fury Warrior.

Worst: BM/MM hunter. Feels very 2006.

The following is all I've tried so far. I view best and worst based on how fun I feel the actual kit is. I couldn't give less of a shit about raid viability or pvp. I also don't play healers or casters.

- Best:
    Vengeance DH- dear god I had more fun on that tank than I did on WoD BrM.
    WW- finally fixed this spec
    Surv- so much fun and different. Harpoon is incredibly fun
    Outlaw- roll the bones gives the best "game within a game" rotation experience in wow.
    Feral- little sad about the short savage roar, but that's countered by being able to actually aoe now

- Meh:
    all tank specs except BrM- kind of indifferent but bear is the best of the bunch if you go feral affinity then you can stealth in do a little damage then switch (like in pre MoP)
    Havoc DH- didn't get to the end, so this one may rise but I doubt it drops.

- Worst:
    BrM- I HATE the changes to this spec. HATE. HATE!!!!!
    Enh- Was great in WotLK. Then sucked until the end of WoD, then it was great again. Animations are really good now, but the kit is not fun at all.
    Frost DK- Exact same as Enh. Used to be great then sucked, then great, now sucks.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I've been trying a lot of the specs (plan on trying all of them before legion hits, see if i find something i really enjoy). I do realize gameplay will change drastically with the artifacts, as i checked Boomkin on BETA and it's vastly superior, but my opinion as they currently stand is :

Demo Lock\BM Hunter are absolutely in the crapper. Boring, mindnumbing gameplay.

Enhancement Shaman, Fire Mage and Outlaw seem fun to play.

Most tank specs are horrible. BrM Monk is horrible. Warrior\Pala are... 'mediocre' and boring to play, and i found DK Blood to be interesting.

Resto Druid and Resto Shaman didn't feel that different to be honest, and i like both.

Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    UH DK's for example, no petmanagement at all, and the only dot they have left spreads on it's own. You really can't do anything that wrong but at the same time you can't pull anything awesome off either.
    You've got to be joking.. I don't main Unholy, but I might in the future because its just that good right now in terms of feel and gameplay to me. No pet management? What did you do before? You stacked Death Coil to ensure you didn't waste Dark Transformation uptime and min/maxed pet abilities. The latter hasn't changed. The former is replicated with a talent.

DoT spreads on its own now - sure. Did you play it? Did you enjoy having to hit Blood Boil to spread after reapplying? This is what Legion is about. I was initially worried about streamlining for the sake of it, but this honestly is QoL.

Can't do anything wrong? Have you even considered Festering Wounds or Runic Power Management? You can't autopilot or button mash this spec to good numbers. Moments of glory? Try Soul Reaper or Dark Arbiter.

Sorry for rant, but need to correct misinfo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    lol, it sounds like you have a hard life.

Best: Outlaw rogue, Enhance Sham
    Worst: Hunter (RIP)

wat? the design is awful.. pruning hit hard.. classes are so dumbed down and look alike its hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by CityPunch View Post
    I want this meme to die. Lord forbid all 3 specs aren't the same "signature shot on cd, casted focus generator, arcane shot dump" like the past.
    Thats not what it is man. BM is the most simplistic spec I think Ive ever seen in this game. Its extremely boring.

MM just...it doesnt feel good to use your abilities. Its not as boring as BM, but the abilities feel all mashed up.

Hunter by far got it the worst in terms of class design, but they have been a bit simpler than other classes for a while now.

BM on the other hand is pure shit wrapped in a pretty package. .
    Wait, pretty package? What pretty package? It looks the most outdated out of all specs in the game.