Thread: Dawn of War 3

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess Gabriels inclusion answers the question of which faction won lore wise in retribution. IIRC Every faction other than space marines had gabriel dying in battle with Kyras. So I guess space marines won 8).

Also, I haven't seen any confirmation but I read that farseer Macha and Gorgutz are leading the other two factions. Anyone know if that's true?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    The way he says melee makes me want to strangle kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The way he says melee makes me want to strangle kittens.

Yep, abandon ship, this cruise is going to crash hard.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2016-08-17 at 07:11 AM.

As soon a that guy pronounced melee as 'meal-ee", I disliked the video and reported it. Deeply offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree about the lack of dirt & wear on the armor and the level of grittiness in general, I'd hoped it was just a case of simplified preview textures. I still don't accept their reasoning for certain things being dropped due to the increased scale and won't until they show a battle that is actually larger than previous titles, haven't seen anything approaching 1/4 of some of the DoW2 battles but there's still time.

Him mentioning wanting to keep things unified across all graphics/quality levels made me think of a pevious comment about dynamic cover being first on the chopping block if there were any technical limitations. Wouldn't suprise me if they dropped it entirely because it wasn't smooth enough on low-end systems.

While I agree the Terminator jumping is breaking canon it doesn't bother me that much.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    The game just doesn't look good enough to me to justify the loss of "grittiness". I dunno, I started out really hyped for this, but every new piece of information I learn is a huge disappointment. Still, hope it can turn into something worth playing at least.

I honestly really only care about the gameplay. While I would like battle damage, a less 'superhero'-like look and so forth; really I am primarily interested in a good RTS. That DoW3 is set in the Warhammer 40k theme is very attractive to me, but it needs to be a good RTS before any other consideration.

I can't really stand the stupid chapter they made up for the DoW games anyway. Trying tie them to Thousand Sons is even worst. Super lazy Raven Guard/Blood Angels motif.

Blood of the angel, what heresy.

Deleted
    Something that just struck me as extremely wrong, was the showcase of the 5 killa-cans bringing down a Wraith lord that towers double their height, without even one of em dying.

Shouldn't something that big and ancient, stomp a killah can, at least? I mean, i get it, Math, but.. still.

Deleted
    Ye, but they were all coloured in yellow. So, it makes sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Dude in the glasses lost me when he tried to justify gameplay reasons for letting terminator armor (gabriel) practically fly 5 times his own freaking height. Just fucking lost me. This guy is a fucking putz and clearly has a ridiculous view of 40k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Something that just struck me as extremely wrong, was the showcase of the 5 killa-cans bringing down a Wraith lord that towers double their height, without even one of em dying.

Shouldn't something that big and ancient, stomp a killah can, at least? I mean, i get it, Math, but.. still.
    Ork player had God-tier dice rolls, Eldar player had shit-tier dice rolls

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Dude in the glasses lost me when he tried to justify gameplay reasons for letting terminator armor (gabriel) practically fly 5 times his own freaking height. Just fucking lost me. This guy is a fucking putz and clearly has a ridiculous view of 40k.
    Jetpack Terminators lol. Did Corax have something similar or was his master crafted?

Maybe they'll justify it by saying Angelos is wearing some kind of relic termi suit. After all Blood Angels are known for being obsessed with stealing *ahem* acquiring ancient relics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Eh... maybe for lore freaks.
    But they have Deathwing so it's alright, sadly, that game is shitty though
    I'd rather have a game set in the 40k universe that isn't accurate, but fun to play than a game that isn't 100% accurate either (deathwing has recoil for example) and doesn't work well and gets boring real quick.

I also believe that the explanation about "heroes need to be special" is very valid.
    Especially if you field so many units as in DoW 1 and probably DoW 3. It'd be boring otherwise. Though I can't see why they didn't use teleportation with a "bang" to avoid the nerd-rage. Or make it so that he got some anti-grav tech inside his artificer-armor or - whatever (they have anti-grav tech, right? I remember reading that tanks have stuff like that). But I guess he can't make something like that up.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-20 at 09:37 AM.

I hope they have sync kills on release i dindnt see any, could have missed it though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-12-20 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From that far away they dont realy look like orks:
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...ath-prefix=dow
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    From that far away they dont realy look like orks:
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...ath-prefix=dow
    You have to know that the image You posted is from DoW 1, which has been released 2004 (Dark Crusade 2006) and these games are based on Third Edition (1998) and Fourth Edition (2004) of the Warhammer 40k. Currently we have Seventh Edition (2014) of the universe with tons of changes, thats why Orks in Dawn of War 3 look and have different units vs Dawn of War 1. They have to make a game that corresponds with the present Edition of the universe You can google "Warhammer 400000 Orks Fourth Edition" and "Warhammer 40000 Orks Seventh Edition" to see the differences

For instance, since 5th Edition Orks have Deff Dreads http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130503015633 and we have them now in Dawn of War III These look different vs good old Killa Kans http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130507215211 which we know from Dawn of War 1 and 2.

You can visit Games Workshop website bu Yourself and check available units in the current Edition of the Universe:
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...uestid=6156266

Orks:
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...at440130a-flat
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-12-20 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Depends on the rolls. The Kans could save and take no actual wounds. I am not sure if Wraith's have mortal wounds or whatever the no-save mechanic was called after a to-hit roll. I haven't thrown dice in awhile.

Jetpack Terminators lol. Did Corax have something similar or was his master crafted?
    Master crafted. The Emperor's artificers made it for Corax personally; The Sable Armor. Instead of the AdMech.

I love playing the DOW games but they are total crap for lore accuracy.

Ye, but they were all coloured in yellow. So, it makes sense!
    Black is 'Ard'r, Yellow is 'Splody. Purple is sneaky, red is fastest, blue lucky and green is BEST.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-12-20 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Depends on the rolls. The Kans could save and take no actual wounds. I am not sure if Wraith's have mortal wounds or whatever the no-save mechanic was called after a to-hit roll. I haven't thrown dice in awhile.
    Invurnability Save, i used to play 40k in my days as well :P Albeit, i found that invurnability saves (I had terminators with Storm Shields, Dark angels) - does jackshit to the sheer amount of shots, so when you get shot by 60 cultists with heavy stubbers.. Well.. You know.. Dice..

Still, my reaction was more primal, cause it is a deep rooted sense that something very large should inheritly be very powerful or scary - whilst the killah cans, logically thinking, if someone double it size presses down on a hunk of metal, should break, you figure.

But yeah, Math. Still, totally broke my imersion. :P