I don't see why people are willing to take super low CP pokemon with the argument that stardust is easy to get. I mean, unless you're catching an absolutely absurd amount of pokemon or there's a secret way to buy stardust in the shop, I can burn through my entire reserve being built up over a few days just trying to max out 2-4 pokemon. And they were already high.

And then you have pokemon that I rarely find, like charmander, that I'd eventually need 100 candies to raise a charmeleon to a charizard. I can't be using 50 candies raising my stats or I'll never be able to evolve mine. To me, it seems far, far more valuable to find one that already has high CP to evolve and top off.
    Last edited by Seegtease; 2016-07-27 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I don't see why people are willing to take super low CP pokemon with the argument that stardust is easy to get. I mean, unless you're catching an absolutely absurd amount of pokemon or there's a secret way to buy stardust in the shop, I can burn through my entire reserve being built up over a few days just trying to max out 2-4 pokemon. And they were already high.

And then you have pokemon that I rarely find, like charmander, that I'd eventually need 100 candies to raise a charmeleon to a charizard. I can't be using 50 candies raising my stats or I'll never be able to evolve mine. To me, it seems far, far more valuable to find one that already has high CP to evolve and top off.
    It really depend on your commitment to the game. I can understand people doing this for just their team, their favorites, and possibly for the pokemon they assign for gyms. I have no interest in getting perfect IVs for pokes that I'm never going to use, but if I find one of my favorite pokemon that has perfect IVs but is low CP you can bet I'm keeping that one and powering it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Also I would like to add that I love butts.
    Dat AR right?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't really even understand the point of spoofing. It ruins the whole concept of the game which is to go out in the world, get exercise, and meet people while hunting for Pokemon. You might as well play regular Pokemon video games, or some other pc/console game if you're going to spoof. I know it sucks for people that live in the country, but people in the city can't exactly shoot shotguns in their backyard or go four-wheeling in a park.
    You seem to be ignoring the part where we tell you there are little to no Pokemon in our area. I can go through my town ba be lucky to catch 10 pokemon in an hour. Meanwhile I can spoof to a large city and catch pokemon nonstop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah, there's not a lot of fun in cheating. IMO

There is no fun in not catching anything either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you like Pokevision, try this:

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/07/2...-catch-nearby/

Sends notifications when there are pokemon near you, you can set a filter list too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    You seem to be ignoring the part where we tell you there are little to no Pokemon in our area. I can go through my town ba be lucky to catch 10 pokemon in an hour. Meanwhile I can spoof to a large city and catch pokemon nonstop.

- - - Updated - - -

If we all played on even field then i'd say spoofing was clearly cheating but someone in LA will always have the advantage over someone living in a small town.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    i'd say spoofing to more populated areas already near you is no big deal

spoofing to entirely different continents and such, giving you the option to catch pokemon that should otherwise be unobtainable (aside from hatching) in your general area is using it for more than just to be on the same level as people in rural areas.

altough I get that once you start cheating, it's hard to set a limit for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account

If you want your childhood ruined...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If we all played on even field then i'd say spoofing was clearly cheating but someone in LA will always have the advantage over someone living in a small town.

I would never even have considered spoofing if spawn rates were the same everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If you want your childhood ruined...
    Thanks for giving a face to my nightmares...

Deleted
    I honestly think they need to fix the spawns out a bit. Been watching people in america play it and they are getting different shit every corner, i'm lucky to see 1 pokemon thats not rattata, pidgey or weedle in a full day. I've pokevision'd my area and there are zero charmanders and bulbasaurs and one squirtle which given i live near the sea seems odd.

To add, the city I live in isn't exactly small either, it's a pretty sizable city.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-07-26 at 09:24 PM.

My coworkers and I figured out a nesting area for Charmanders about 40 mins from our work place. We kept a log of the spawns all day and it seems the area we isolated spawns a Charmander about once every 20-30 mins from at least 8AM through 6PM.

Gonna hit it up tomorrow and this weekend we are going to check out a Dratini nest near the lakefront.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my 145th Pokemon today Of all 145 the last one happened to be Dewgong.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I would be fine with spoofing if they made it so it takes the same amount of time to reach the destination as it does by car. Teleporting is extremely unfair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    So basically you're saying that everyone is wrong and the fault lies with everyone except for you, cause somehow you are enlightened enough to know it's beta test while no one else knows this, not even the die hard folk at reddit? What kind of conspiracy theory is that bro? xd

The version released on the 5th of July is the release candidate whether you like it or not. Even Niantic stated that the beta period ended some time ago (before release) and they were then aiming for a July release.
    Never said shit was anyone's fault, that's just your victim complex shining through.

"Release candidate" version STILL MEANS BETA, rofl.

Right now there's many features in the game files that are not live, and even more features that Niantic says it wants to put in. This is a very bare bones game compared to what they have said they wanted. And yeah, I don't expect a bunch of people over at reddit to know more than Niantic about their own game.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Never said shit was anyone's fault, that's just your victim complex shining through.

"Release candidate" version STILL MEANS BETA, rofl.

Right now there's many features in the game files that are not live, and even more features that Niantic says it wants to put in. This is a very bare bones game compared to what they have said they wanted. And yeah, I don't expect a bunch of people over at reddit to know more than Niantic about their own game.
    I would like to see proof of them saying it's beta still.

Because I don't see "they have features in the files" as meaning much. WoW has all of Legion in the files right now, does that mean the live version is in beta?
    And why bother having a beta test if you're just going to release a beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would like to see proof of them saying it's beta still.

Because I don't see "they have features in the files" as meaning much. WoW has all of Legion in the files right now, does that mean the live version is in beta?
    Well, Closed Beta and Open Beta are a thing and it's not uncommon, even for the western market, to release an MMO in OB and take 5 years to go to actual release.

Pre-Patch is actually a form of Beta testing.

But, that aside, it's clear it lacks features in this current version, regardless of the title it has and they have bravely acknowledged that and have set out to give us a good next update on the game. Features it desperately needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because Nintendo told the world when they would be releasing their awesome pokemon device and Niantic had to scramble to get the software it's for out the door as soon as they could. Hence why they are disabling features (the tracker) just to keep the servers up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well, Closed Beta and Open Beta are a thing and it's not uncommon, even for the western market, to release an MMO in OB and take 5 years to go to actual release.
    Yes, but they would said that the Open Beta was launching then, not that the game was going live. Unless they're just really, really bad at this, but I'll give them more credit than that since their other game is rather popular too so they most likely have enough common sense to clarify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Pre-Patch is actually a form of Beta testing.

But, that aside, it's clear it lacks features in this current version, regardless of the title it has and they have bravely acknowledged that and have set out to give us a good next update on the game. Features it desperately needs.
    Kinda lost me on that first one honestly, there's a reason Blizzard puts the pre-patches up even on the PTR before launching them. Sure, there's probably still bugs that will slip by, but it's definitely in no way a beta.

And yes, it does lack features, but that doesn't make it a beta, it just makes it, well, bad.

Because Nintendo told the world when they would be releasing their awesome pokemon device and Niantic had to scramble to get the software it's for out the door as soon as they could. Hence why they are disabling features (the tracker) just to keep the servers up.
    Well their job has definitely been rather lackluster, as far as I know, isn't the tracking the only feature they've disabled so far? Unless I'm missing something big.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/s...80438833819648

Pokemon Go Plus accessory delayed until September.