Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillgaroo View Post
    Hey guys, I need to vent a bit.

As it is now, the new Mark of Honor systen is completely inbalanced, in my humble opinion.

Right now, you can grind for hours on end, without making any sort of progress.

With the old system, sure you wouldn't get as much honor when you lost, but you'd get SOME.
    This made you feel like you at least progressed a little bit.

Now with the new system, you can quite literally do hours and hours of BG's, but unless you win, you make NO progress whatsoever.
    Maybe there's a small chance to get a Mark of Honor from a loss, but if there is one: It is SUPER low.

Now I'm not hating or anything, I just feel like the new system kinda blows when you aren't constantly on the winning team

/rant over

Edit: To maybe add some constructive criticism, what about adding an item like "Emblem of Honor" which with 5, maybe even 10 combined gives you a single Mark of Honor?
    Heads up, Ohnour isnt activated till new season aka Legion 1 starts, so although you are gaining nothing now. come legion you will.

this is the pre-patch for the new system, wait till legion trust me it is so much better.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    As a player who came back a few days ago I tried to get some 710 gear through bg and it was a pain. The problem with this system is that it doesn't encourage you to finish the BG if you are losing so a lot of people just leave the game, and in the end this will make some people stay away from pvp, at least on the horde side.

I think having a small chance of getting a token would be good for everyone as people who are boosting new toons and returning players right now would go for gear through bg but hey it's only a month with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Says a lot about how entitled players have become that they ask for rewards for losing.
    Considering that nearly all PvP'ers that take it somewhat seriously have faction changed alliance to be humans/dwarfs(shaman) in this addon and the last, i can understand when some horde players beg for a little reward when losing over 60-70% of their bg's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    lol, like the 'rewards for losing' that've existed for 8+ years? cmon now
    Not really. The lockboxes containing RNG gear and pitiful honour was nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your doing random battlegrounds for marks, you are truly crazy.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Not really. The lockboxes containing RNG gear and pitiful honour was nothing.
    I mean, that's what people are asking to have back, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Says a lot about how entitled players have become that they ask for rewards for losing.
    Heres the thing though, there is no incentive at all to pvp now. Honor points gave to a sense that you were at least getting something for fighting other players, even if it was a few honor, it still felt like you got something from successfully killing someone in pvp. Now though, its just undermining the value of the system of play.

Straight up battleground wins always gave something meaningful such as conquest points, and losing just honor, but it was better then this.

I really begrudge anyone who thinks because a systems been changed is must always be then what was before, just because 'change is good, m'kay'

Hey guys, I need to vent a bit.

As it is now, the new Mark of Honor systen is completely inbalanced, in my humble opinion.

Right now, you can grind for hours on end, without making any sort of progress.

With the old system, sure you wouldn't get as much honor when you lost, but you'd get SOME.
    This made you feel like you at least progressed a little bit.

Now with the new system, you can quite literally do hours and hours of BG's, but unless you win, you make NO progress whatsoever.
    Maybe there's a small chance to get a Mark of Honor from a loss, but if there is one: It is SUPER low.

Now I'm not hating or anything, I just feel like the new system kinda blows when you aren't constantly on the winning team

/rant over

Edit: To maybe add some constructive criticism, what about adding an item like "Emblem of Honor" which with 5, maybe even 10 combined gives you a single Mark of Honor?
    Spam /2 and/or make a premade group in LFG. Get a team of at least 2 healers, ideally 3, and any good dps that you know won't roadfight. Coordinate them, push objectives, and win 80%+ of your games.

Put something creative in the LFG title like DH GEAR PRE-FARM RAND BG. That's how I got my 28 marks.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Don't remind me. The horror in farming AV tokens.
    Really? I always had a surplus of AV tokens. It was AB that was a nightmare ... at least for myself at any rate.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that without reward of some kind people won't do that activity? Raiding is different because you can always go farm the lower tier bosses until you can gear up enough to beat the next roadblock. PVP Not so much and since the new honor is basically useless there is no reason to bother with it. Especially if when you lose and get jack all. Even back in vanilla if you lost you would age least get 1 badge, 3 if you won.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    lol, like the 'rewards for losing' that've existed for 8+ years? cmon now

the incentives currently are all screwed up. Right now if the match is obviously one-sided early, there's no real incentive to do anything but try and get it over as quickly as possible. At least in the previous reward structure you could farm some honor on a potatoteam

I know a few of my friends have started doing /afk and taking the debuff rather than stay in a game they are gonna lose and not get anything from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Well, i get people that disagree with marks of honor system. You spend time...you want a little something of reward, not wins reward... just something for the time and effort.
    When for example i'm too eager to win , i play healer... Really, even solo que 1/2 games win. If i'm extremely pissed off, i create a 3 healer 2 DPS team...
    When i'm in for the fun of it then i'll play shadow/boomkin/feral or my hunter or lock...
    Remember it is Bind on Account. Use the "tool" that has the best possibility of win... That can turn the tide a bit.
    Also that kind of playstyle (play to win) fits better in PvP. The older playstyle with quotes like "lose fast " etc. had to end...
    Also GOOD premades don't turn the game in roflstomp HK farm... They go in and win fast so they can go another.

3 half hour AVs in a row today. I tell the team that rushing the mid boss doesn't work anymore.

Entire team rushes mid boss and wipes. Enemy team proceeds to take towers.

MFW I AFK at a graveyard.

OP, if they gave a mark for losing, the most effective way to farm marks would be "insta-lose premades". We saw this back when battlegrounds still gave marks that were needed (along with honor) to buy gear. Alliance groups would form and then just dance on the starting rock in Eye of the Storm to lose fast.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    That's right, Blizz should explain. But everything we've ever seen from them is an exercise in PR lies trying to polish up a turd. No matter how much you polish it though it's still a turd.

There is no defensible reason that Player A should get higher ilvl gear as a "reward" than Player B in PvP who might be a few points under. It's not a raid where you're trying to beat the next tougher dragon and need the higher gear. PvP is supposed to be player skill not gear. Rewards should be as they've been - titles, mounts, recolors, etc. that has no bearing on your char power.

It only creates a rift in the rankings and a rigged system of Haves and Have Nots. It will also further encourage cheating to get past the rating wall to get the gear.
    sorry but if Blizz went to cosmetic only pvp rewards it's the pvp community that would be screaming "it's not fair" they don't get gear because then it wouldn't be fair when they got rofl-stomped by someone in raid gear in world pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    OP, if they gave a mark for losing, the most effective way to farm marks would be "insta-lose premades". We saw this back when battlegrounds still gave marks that were needed (along with honor) to buy gear. Alliance groups would form and then just dance on the starting rock in Eye of the Storm to lose fast.
    such truth, the WoW player-base will always fine the fastest easiest path to any reward, like when ally and horde would trade wins in Tol Barad before that got fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Its hard if not impossible to carry in a WOW bg expecialy if the other team-players are brain dead and sit there doing nothing
    I think you'd be surprised how effective 3-4 people just communicating actually can be for turning around random BGs.

Failing all that, just queue with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how effective 3-4 people just communicating actually can be for turning around random BGs.

Failing all that, just queue with friends.
    Literally this, me and my friends run premade 5's all the time and just stomp bgs and we farmed like 14 of these marks and i bought the full primal mog for druid just cause i could took less then like an hour and a half, just get some decent friends and stomp lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done 8 BG's on my rogue. won 4, lost 6. on the 4 I won.. I got 4 marks of honor, and 2 pcs of 690 gear. on the 6 I lost? no marks of honor, 4 iLvL 700 pvp pces ( 2 had sockets) and 2 had gold. I do better losing it seems than winning haha.

Also, I like using my strongest pvp toon to get marks to my lower geared toons. Saves money on crafted gear, and time wasted on raiding!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Pretty much, a perfect example. I did top damage in the bg(almost doubled the next person on our team) on my spriest with 13 flag returns and our FC couldn't cap it once even though he was in the room every single time. He refused to just stand on cap. You just can't carry in every area thats needed to win. Though it is fun grabbing the flag and then heading strait into their FC and killing them then capping, I've done that before but its nearly impossible unless you face scrubs lol.

But OP is right, this mark of honor system is really sketch, sure we may get a box for losing still but i think this RNG box system is complete bullshit.

I want to pick my order for gear not have it randomly generated for me. Its not fun, its not creative, and the overall design is terrible.
    Why did you think anyone in the world needed to be exposed to the cancer that is your signature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Losing should not award anything. Did you ever get loot because you wiped 100 times at the same boss? Same here. Try to win or just stay where you are.

I am extremely happy that since this system was implemented I have yet to see the random prick who says "lose fast and go to next game". There is no next game. There is THIS game and you have to win it.

GG system.
    Since the marks are only for older gear, the system is fine, and you make some valid points. On that note, how is the situation for Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley on Horde side these days? I played BGs till Late/MoP/Early WoD and it was dismal as Horde never really won those 2 battlegrounds. What is the current situation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    3 half hour AVs in a row today. I tell the team that rushing the mid boss doesn't work anymore.

Entire team rushes mid boss and wipes. Enemy team proceeds to take towers.

MFW I AFK at a graveyard.
    So apparently, Horde is still losing almost all of AV? And why does not rushing mid boss work anymore? Does Alliance always defend Bellinda together?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Losing should not award anything. Did you ever get loot because you wiped 100 times at the same boss? Same here. Try to win or just stay where you are.

I am extremely happy that since this system was implemented I have yet to see the random prick who says "lose fast and go to next game". There is no next game. There is THIS game and you have to win it.

GG system.
    You have yet to see it because people just abandon the battlegrounds en masse as soon as loss is even slightly in sight. They don't even bother saying to lose because it's more merciful to just leave and queue on another character.

Once we start getting honour at 110, the incentive to win is already there. Being punished by not being allowed to purchase transmog if you get multiple braindead teams in a row, or you face multiple premades in a row, is failure of game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    One of the biggest problems with this whole abortion of an xpac is the higher your CR, the better gear drops out of boxes. Better gear = advantage in stats in instanced pvp.

Maybe some of the smart asses here can 'splain why a player who is supposedly better than another player (higher rating) also needs better gear to create an even greater advantage. (?)

Truly better players (those who don't rely on beep boop) will already have the advantage by virtue of their skill. Why exacerbate the gap by further compounding it with a gear advantage? Or are they upset because they can't stomp people in greens anymore?
    The gap is a LOT smaller (0.1% per ilvl increase iirc), so it really isn't going to be that big of a deal. At least, not early on. The people who argued against everyone having equal gear wanted PvP to be about progression still for some reason (I mean come on, getting rating getting closer to Glad is already progression enough, why progress with gear too?), so Blizzard added that little incentive for people with a higher CR.

- - - Updated - - -

9, 19, again even 24 other people
    Just gonna be a little stickler here: 9, 14, and 39 (exclusively AV and IC obviously, but regardless).

Deleted
    Hey at least these things are bound to account. Which means that I can focus on one character and send the marks to alts for xmog sets I want on them.

What I hated the most, is replacing my 710 conquest weapons by 655 blue shit because I had 0 raid progress on those characters. Fury warrior for example, I played 2x 1H, got 655 crap. On DK I had 725 2H weapon on Frost (mythic dungeon drop); received 2x 655 blue shit -_-

Fuck off blizzard. HFC isnt everything ffs.