Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The void lords spewed old gods all over the universe's face hoping to hit the mouth that contained an old god. They did with Azeroth.

With this logic, the rest of the cum covered face of the universe has other gods near the nose, cheek, and eye ball area and we has the heroes will be traveling in space to kill them next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Yog-sarron and C'thun ARE ALIVE, we have only push them back, but we don't have the power to kill them properly, they are still dangerous; but i think N'zoth will play a major part in Legion: he was in the Eastern Kindgoms AND the Northend in Cataclysm, or, the old gods have very limited influence: C'thun is confined to Silithus, and Yog-saron in the north of the Northend. I think N'zoth is free or almost, that's why he could spread is influence over two continents.
    Stop bringing this argument up before I have an aneurysm. You're arguing against Kosak and Metzen, for Christssake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    AH AH AH AH, maybe someone didn't read Chronicles, who clearly states killing the old gods could kill Azeroth, and if it's stated, it's because it would kill Azeroth.
    But not matter, when you will see the Legion intro, when you will see Yog-sarron talking to you in Ulduar, you'll see they ARE ALIVE, they are only jailed, dude.
    ...it's stated in Chronicles that literally ripping the Old Gods out of Azeroth like Aman'thul would destroy Azeroth. That is not what we did to C'thun and Yogg.

Plus, again, Metzen literally said at BlizzCon a few years ago that the deaths of C'thun and Yogg are a major reason the Cataclysm happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Never did Naxx40 but I've been told you get Kel'thuzad's phylactery and gave it to who we know as Thel'zan the Duskbringer (or maybe I'm wrong, either way we gave it to the wrong person) and that's why Kel'thuzad was in Wrath. But we never got his phylactery again after Naxx10/25.
    No, not Thel'zan. Father Inigo Montoy of the Argent Dawn, a double agent for the Scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Further to this. Even yasha'raj isn't completely dead. In Seige his heart still whispers things.
    The Skull of Gul'dan.

THE SKULL OF GUL'DAN.

Physical death does not prevent communication in Warcraft.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2016-07-27 at 01:34 AM.

The way they operate, it seems as if their own form of taint and distortion allows them to pass into our reality. From what they've said, it sounds like Old Gods and the void as a whole is kind of hovering at the surface of our reality and all it takes is for it to tear for them to step (crawl? slither? I don't know) on through to Azeroth.

With that logic, I think it's almost guaranteed there will be more types of void entities that we'll see, and with that there's the definite possibility of more Old Gods. But at that point, would they be Old Gods or just Gods? (tehehehe)

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    No, not Thel'zan. Father Inigo Montoy of the Argent Dawn, a double agent for the Scourge.
    Father Inigo Montoy IS Thel'zan the Duskbringer. His reward for betraying the Argent Dawn and saving Kel'thuzad was to be made a Lich, who we then fight in the lead up to the Wrathgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I have a question.

So we have 4 old gods.

Yoggy - god of death.
    C'thun - Madness and chaos.
    Y'ssrashj -
    N'zoth -

So lets assume the other 2 are gods of something evil as the othe Yoggy and C'thun.
    What will the old gods on other planets have?

Will there be
    Yoroguustorone - another god of death? in Planet X Y Z ?

Who gives them these tittles ?

For what reason? Even ..
    Most of the content related to Old Gods is heavily/loosely based on works by H.P. Lovecraft, much of the titles, lore(increasingly less), and horror aspects can be traced back to the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Stop bringing this argument up before I have an aneurysm. You're arguing against Kosak and Metzen, for Christssake.

- - - Updated - - -

...it's stated in Chronicles that literally ripping the Old Gods out of Azeroth like Aman'thul would destroy Azeroth. That is not what we did to C'thun and Yogg.

Plus, again, Metzen literally said at BlizzCon a few years ago that the deaths of C'thun and Yogg are a major reason the Cataclysm happened.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The Skull of Gul'dan.

THE SKULL OF GUL'DAN.

Physical death does not prevent communication in Warcraft.

You can go ahead an have your aneurysm because unless you have a direct link to a blue post or a video of them saying it exactly, I'm going with being pushed back/hibernation because that is what I recall being said many times. Now tell me the connection of C'Thun and Yoggy to Deathwing when in game his lieutenants state they are agents of N'Zoth directly. N'Zoth is the old god that orchestrated Cataclysm, not Yogg and C'Thun. This idea of not killing those two is reaffirmed by what happened with Y'Shaarj. They killed it and it made things far worse; and we intensify the effects when we stumble onto their land with all our negativity, angst, and in-fighting.

You mention chronicles, and I've not read any of the lore books, but if you can show direct quotes that any old god on Azeroth was killed besides Y'Shaarj (debatable because his heart was still alive), prove it, or your statements have as much validity than any one else's.

I really don't mind you having proof and showing a definitive answer, but you just claiming something is so because you claim Metzen said so; which would've been all over MMO-Champ, and it wasn't ... just won't fly here. I can respect the opinion and stance you are taking, just like it seemed reasonable to some that we killed Illidan, though many believe he was only defeated and imprisoned in BT for a long time, and now he is back.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the only reason why aman'thul had to reach in was because y'shaarj, the most powerful of the four meat mountains, shat on the titan minions and armies.

this means dogshit, their corpses are still full with dark energies that can be used to empower someone, and we did kill them, blizz themselves said so.

again, whispers mean jack shit, because if whispering means they are alive then our gul'dan is also alive, because his skull can communicate and manipulate.

and for gods fucking sake THE MINIONS THERE ARE ECHOES!
    ECHOES
    They aren't dead yo. You don't just kill a lovecraftian spawn of the void with swords and fireballs. they "die", get ressed, yada yada right back at it.

Jesus in a game where you die 1000 times across your adventures and resurrection is a recurring theme you sure are dead set that something/someone is dead because you said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They aren't dead yo. You don't just kill a lovecraftian spawn of the void with swords and fireballs. they "die", get ressed, yada yada right back at it.

Jesus in a game where you die 1000 times across your adventures and resurrection is a recurring theme you sure are dead set that something/someone is dead because you said so.
    They stopped being Lovecraftian the moment C'thun became a boss with the potential of being defeated.

Part of being a Lovecraftian horror is that they make us so insignificant that nothing we can do can possibly hurt them. The minute we were even able to scratch C'thun's carapace is the moment that the Old Gods stopped being Lovecraftian.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    You can go ahead an have your aneurysm because unless you have a direct link to a blue post or a video of them saying it exactly, I'm going with being pushed back/hibernation because that is what I recall being said many times. Now tell me the connection of C'Thun and Yoggy to Deathwing when in game his lieutenants state they are agents of N'Zoth directly. N'Zoth is the old god that orchestrated Cataclysm, not Yogg and C'Thun. This idea of not killing those two is reaffirmed by what happened with Y'Shaarj. They killed it and it made things far worse; and we intensify the effects when we stumble onto their land with all our negativity, angst, and in-fighting.

I really don't mind you having proof and showing a definitive answer, but you just claiming something is so because you claim Metzen said so; which would've been all over MMO-Champ, and it wasn't ... just won't fly here. I can respect the opinion and stance you are taking, just like it seemed reasonable to some that we killed Illidan, though many believe he was only defeated and imprisoned in BT for a long time, and now he is back.
    It was actually all over MMO-Champion. In almost every single threads about the Old Gods for the last 4-5 years, there were people who claimed that the Old Gods - C'Thun and Yogg in particular - aren't dead, and people who pointed out otherwise with links to support their arguments. The one who think they are still alive must have very conveniently missed all the posts with links. Here is one, for example (click) - with links to the clip of the Q&A section with Metzen and Afrasiabi, link to the comic page, Kosak's twitter and provided in game quest text with quest name.

Additionally, why would the one you quoted need to tell you the connection between C'Thun & Yogg to Deathwing? Their (C'Thun and Yogg) deaths caused the Cataclysm. Deathwing is *NOT* the only actor, he could simply be the one finishing the process when the world is weakened enough. People already pointed out many times that the Cataclysm events started way BEFORE Cataclysm expansion when Deathwing was still in another separated dimension (the Elemental Plane) altogether.
    Remember, Metzen and Afrasiabi answered the question about the theory that it'd be doomsday if the OGs were to be dealt with, with "Have you played any Cataclysm? Where the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods" and even double confirmed when the questioner asked again "Because of the Old Gods???". "Old Gods". Plural, not singular. Last time I checked, N'Zoth is only a single Old God, not the Old GodS.

Because Blizzard said so, you meant. No one is claiming that they will 100% not be back in the future. Being dead and won't be coming back are different things. Also, you need to be dead in the first place to be resurrected. Moreover, resembling lovecraftian elder / outer gods are NOT a get-out-of-jail-free card. WoW isn't in Lovecraft-verse. There are many fictional games / story in which lovecraftian beings can get killed just fine.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-27 at 03:46 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Kinda the problem if Old God minions kept repeating stuff like Old Gods are immortal.

I mean, they are dead, but their minion seemed pretty tenacious on repeating that they are immortal, after some time, people will buy it.

My blame here is on Blizzard, considering that they made the deaths of Old Gods rather mundane after the repetition of the "They are outside the circle" line over and over.

Feels like a bit like they pulled an Obi-wan "It depends on your POV" on that one "They are outside of the circle...in a way! Their power lives on! Look at Y'shaarj!"

Basically anyone who hasn't read the Chronicle or follows the lore forums closely is kinda oblivious of the big facts that most of the Old Gods are pretty much dead, all they have is "They are outside the circle..."
    I think the problem is that people are taking the ramblings of outright insane beings (followers of the old gods.) and taking it as in game lore. It's like trusting a scientologist to give you a rational, objective view on scientology. It just isn't going to happen.

As for outside of time, that again comes from in game ramblings of fanatics. The only non follower of the old gods who claimed they were stronger than the titans was shown to be wrong, but blizzard basically since cataclysm has been consistent on "They're dead.". But we know that anything with enough power, even when dead can still communicate. Not just old gods but Gul'dan too (his skull) was having proper conversations which those that held his skull.

Not only that but we also know that the Old Gods can be resurrected. But that does not make them special. Anything that is mortal and dies can be resurrected in lore. Just takes a lot of power to do.

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Most of the content related to Old Gods is heavily/loosely based on works by H.P. Lovecraft, much of the titles, lore(increasingly less), and horror aspects can be traced back to the source.
    Thanks but i already know that.
    Still my question stands.

After all blizzard are expanding the lore even tough they borrowed from H.P Lovecraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    no
    they are dead
    i cant believe i gotta ask that again... but how many fucking times do we have to go through this?
    it's weird you show up every time someone say's the old god are alive
    it's like your duty to confirm their Death

- - - Updated - - -

ECHOES
    every time I see this word I laugh
    why it's so hard to believe they are dead

- - - Updated - - -

there is a lore reason why when we die we are resurrected
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    it's weird you show up every time someone say's the old god are alive
    it's like your duty to confirm their Death
    i love warcraft lore and i love the old gods.
    when i see a thread about the old gods of course im gonna check what its about.
    but like in every single fucking old god thread, someone has to stick to his headcanon and say that "we just killed their avatars" or some other kind of bullshit.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    but like in every single fucking old god thread, someone has to stick to his headcanon and say that "we just killed their avatars" or some other kind of bullshit.
    Before Chronicle, this Theory of " we just killed their Physical forms " was decent, you are talking about a theory that hold up for 6+ years
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I agree. I remember it was mentioned that they died but their echoes remain. Don't have blue post so don't quote me on this.

OT: It is possible that we might see 'other' Old Gods if Blizzard want to expand on the void lore.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We will endlessly. Because at one point KT was dead....and then things were merely a setback. Kinda like for Onyxia and Nefarian.....They are as dead as a Legacy server discussion. Not at all.
    Kael'thas didn't die in the Eye. You can hear him mocking you immediately after you turn in one of his Verdant Spheres to A'dal. And if you mean Kel'thuzad, there was a quest in WotLK about what happened to his phylactery and how he returned.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-07-27 at 02:05 PM.

no
    they are dead
    i cant believe i gotta ask that again... but how many fucking times do we have to go through this?
    Every thread involving the old gods will eventually become an argument about whether or not they are dead (Which they are).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Before Chronicle, this Theory of " we just killed their Physical forms " was decent, you are talking about a theory that hold up for 6+ years
    It was never a substantiated theory. The very first OG introduced in WoW was killed. It plainly stated this in the quests.

The only piece of lore that even related to "avatars" doesn't even say what people claimed. Some idiot completely failed reading comprehension and spread that fanon. Here's the only mention of OGs and "avatars".
    The Qiraji were C'Thun's avatars, nothing about the OGs being avatar bodies (a la Avatar of Sargeras).

EDIT: And in regards to not fighting their full forms/power, C'Thun was fully awake and free; Yogg had broken through all but the last of its restraints.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Worse, C'Thun has awakened, freed itself, and reemerged from the planet's depths. Many valiant heroes are banding together in the hope of defeating these two evil gods. (WC Encyclopedia)

This ancient horror has corrupted its guards, and now it is breaking through the last of its restraints. Faced with the peril of Yogg-Saron's imminent freedom, a band of mortals has made preparations for a sweeping assault on the city. (Game Guide)

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I also like to include the part where Yogg itself says it's going to die and the shadow of its corpse is going to choke the land for all eternity.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-07-27 at 02:29 PM.

Killed =\= incapable of returning though, and an expac where we fight C'thun, Yogg and N'zoth at peak power would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I think the problem is that people are taking the ramblings of outright insane beings (followers of the old gods.) and taking it as in game lore.
    The thing here is simply that no one in the game really debates this statement or anything.

It's just there and some people pick it up, i mean the theory of Old Gods working outside of the Life / Death state was pretty neat, i liked that.