View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Saved before they deleted it
    haha nice, its been swept under the carpet already. Must crush all propaganda that shows stuff other than our unified vision!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is stupid. There is no way you are enjoying the game right now if a change to the max camera distance is a reason for you to quit playing.

It bothers me, but I don't get motion sickness so I won't be quitting, but I was doing mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde today and boy did I miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Yet objectively in a raiding environment a camera zoom further out provides a competitive advantage. This isn't to say it's a big one, but it is and we play a game where every tiny advantage must be used. So I am forced to give up my enjoyment of a closer zoom to stay competitive. There are always two sides.
    I'm sorry, "forced"? When were you forced to zoom out? Your preferred distance has always been available. It's those who preferred to zoom out that are now forced to be zoomed in.

And where's the cutoff for the "advantage" argument? The new max gives an advantage over those who prefer to play at half that distance. Should we cut the view distance in half so that there's no advantage? Or really, we should lock the camera at one distance and never allow it to be changed.

Equality of opportunity is better than equality of outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then the issue is with your players. If a camera is making them perform worse you should think about getting a new roster.
    Raid in first person and remember that any issues you have are your fault, not the camera's position.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    This is stupid. There is no way you are enjoying the game right now if a change to the max camera distance is a reason for you to quit playing.
    Sad but true that to some this seems to be the case. And as I see it this as probably just some excuse so they can quit and blame it on something other than themselves..

I have a theory on why Blizz has remain pretty much silent on this but only a theory at the moment..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-07-27 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    This is amazing... had a good laugh

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747275113
    Someone post a screen cap. I need some reading material.

So over the past few days I was starting to think you people had a point. I mean, I was playing just fine but the camera did seem just a tad closer than I'd like. Turns out I had the slider all the way to "Near"...

Honestly, even without all the stupid "lol u playin in 1st person?" bullshit I'd still have no sympathy.

Well I've played both melee and range. Skill level is only normal with some heroic kills on average. Don't see the problem with the camera, i've never played it far out. I've played it most of the time with what its set at. If needs be I can move it a little further out. I don't have to see the whole boss when I fight, as long as I can see where stuff is going to land, pay attention to the big wigs warnings, etc then I really don't need to see everything in its splendor. If anything it makes sense. If you were facing a giant of a creature and up in melee range you wouldn't be seeing most of it, you'd be reacting to shifts in the body and legs and basing what you do off of that. From what I've seen in video's for Legion raids it really doesn't effect people much.

it pisses me off for sure, but like flying being in the game, im not gonna quit cause of 1 feature, as much as i wish they removed flying for good it doesnt stop me from playing,

I would never have even noticed that anything had changed, if not for all the whining in the forums. I guess a lot of people like to play WoW at WC3 perspective, never particularly cared to myself though.

It's just more proof the command was never hidden.. nor was there a "hidden advantage" it was available to everyone.

ITT: cucks posting screenshots without a UI, 19 other players around them or a giant fucking dragon with 0-10 adds that all leave shit on the ground in some form or another.

YES it may be fine for you, but the SIGNIFICANT difference is not the actual view distance for us - its the extremely hindered amount of information available to a single player
    Last edited by Arteezy; 2016-07-27 at 05:01 AM.

It's certainly annoying, and I'd prefer that they revert the zoom distance change but I'm not going to unsubscribe over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post
    ITT: cucks posting screenshots without a UI, 19 other players around them or a giant fucking dragon with 0-10 adds that all leave shit on the ground in some form or another.

YES it may be fine for you, but the SIGNIFICANT difference is not the actual view distance for us - its the extremely hindered amount of information available to a single player
    All needed information is still there, you can move the camera you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me on some fights. The worst so far was the Archimonde trash/minibosses, where I literally couldn't see anything - tilting the camera up filled my entire screen with Azgalor's back.

So if Blizzard tones down boss size a bit in Legion, it's not a huge issue. I'm still annoyed by the change because literally no one asked for it, and Blizzard is clearly lying about why they did it. It has nothing to do with "competitive advantage" or "the way the game was designed". The most likely actual reason is the new crisper combat text which now scales with camera distance, and with the previous max distance it would be completely illegible. It's basically a kludge dictated by engine limitations.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post

And that's the reason it's nerfed

They design raid encounters w/ max camera distance available via options pane in mind. RTS zoom trivialises some raid mechanics, cuz it provides much greater fov. So they had two options, to either design even more twisted raid encounters w/ RTS zoom in mind, or keep doing things the way they were doing and remove RTS mode. They chose the latter.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-27 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Perhaps from your perspective... and yet you are the one now crying the blues about something taken away from you. Everyone is a whiny baby until it's your sucker that gets tossed in the dirt. Suddenly it's a serious and important matter. Hypocrites.
    Umm no. I don't care about either issue. SO like I said its a pretty dumb argument you got there.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    And that's exactly the reason it's nerfed

They design raid encounters w/ max camera distance available via options pane in mind. RTS zoom trivialises some raid mechanics, cuz it provides much greater fov. So they had two options, to either design even more twisted raid encounters w/ RTS zoom in mind, or keep doing things the way they were doing and remove RTS mode. They chose the latter.
    Adding difficulty through reducing quality of life is the worst direction for change. It's also unequal because ranged have it much better off than melee, especially many melee / tank raid leaders are having an existential crisis at the moment because of this change since it's not possible to see what happens in the raid while doing those roles most of the time.

It's also pure BS that the encounters are being designed for this level of zoom. Look at how huge the bosses are. Is it really the design goal that we never see the head of the creature we're fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Someone post a screen cap. I need some reading material.
    http://imgur.com/a/XOaik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Adding difficulty through reducing quality of life is the worst direction for change. It's also unequal because ranged have it much better off than melee, especially many melee / tank raid leaders are having an existential crisis at the moment because of this change since it's not possible to see what happens in the raid while doing those roles most of the time.

It's also pure BS that the encounters are being designed for this level of zoom. Look at how huge the bosses are. Is it really the design goal that we never see the head of the creature we're fighting?
    It's not the actual reason for the change. It's some technical limitation, most likely the new combat text rendering. The "competitive advantage" is an outright lie or at best a dumb rationalization.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!