Poll: Fan of the new Official Forums?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Like the new official WoW Forums?

So, how many of you like the new WoW forums (Official)? I'm not too big of a fan. Big being the key word here. Everything is just too big. Like Blizz is compensating for something. Using chrome to scale it down to 75% works well though. Thoughts?

Unscaled
    Last edited by Greevir; 2016-07-27 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks horrible imo.

I think my face when I saw these new forums would have been a meme on the Internet if it had been captured.
    Like "the disgusted man" meme.

These new forums are absolutely terrible.

Deleted
    It's to please the mobile crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    does it trigger you? do you feel disgusted by it? then yes. i love its new looks and usability.

otherwise, it totally doesnt bother me a bit. old, new whatever. things need a new coat of paint sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like the changes, it's cleaner and sleeker to me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Kill it with fire
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess people just don't like change. The last site was terrible in mobile anyway, and this one looks pretty good and actually works well on a phone.

It's fine, they had to do it at some point anyway, everything is or at least tries to be more mobile friendly these days.

But they haven't updated armoury yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I like the changes, it's cleaner and sleeker to me.
    Yup, no more early 2000s style shit and its easier on the eyes to boot.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    You'd think they could afford couple a client side developers to put together a series of style sheets to support various types of browsers. The thread/post format looks horrible on a computer monitor : ridiculously inefficient use of screen real estate.

*Actually, screw developers, throw a couple CS summer interns at the project.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but just because I like to see things change and I never liked the original one much. Too much red after cataclysmz.

i dont know if its an oversight but there isnt even a "jump to last post, or page x/y" button. why double click through a 300+ post thread+ scroll down if you can have it with one click, which existed on the old page. + the new design looks absolutely bloated

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I love it. It is more clear. Only downside is the big red "+NEW TOPIC" button, and the posting as, is a little small.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The previous one was worst, but the new one is a slight improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    The previous one was worst, but the new one is a slight improvement.
    I think it's a lot better. Less cluttered and smoother for the eye =)

Quote Originally Posted by elrot View Post
    I guess people just don't like change. The last site was terrible in mobile anyway, and this one looks pretty good and actually works well on a phone.
    Of course man, its the WoW community. Anything Blizzard does is hated by the same kids that want vanilla servers and such. Whine till you die seems to be their motto.

I like it, theres some things that seem kind of cluster-ish but overall its cool. I like it better than the ugly brownish orange color we have had for a while. I also think its a lot easier to see, and easier to find shit for those who have trouble with that sort of thing.

Preface: Professional designer with 25+ years of experience, much of it with UI and web design.

It's okay. It's not horrible. But, it needs some serious tweaking, and some of the decisions were atrocious.

• The forum icons and headers are too close to each other, and it's all one big blurry mess of white text.

• The "flat" look they took from Apple looks too generic for a fantasy game with a rich history in art and design. And, they break the style with the class forums, by adding color. It looks unfinished. Not impressed at all with the art style for the icons - this is WOW, fellas, not some cheap web game.

• San serif fonts for body text? Ugh. Serif fonts read better for large blocks of text. This is design 101 stuff.

• Leading and kerning - don't abuse them. You have too much air around the body text in all paragraphs, you waste screen real estate - and I'm looking at it on a large monitor.

• White on anything text, especially body text? Ugh! It tires the eye out! Whoever decided on this needs to be slapped upside the head with a type specimen book.

• Navigating this new site is frustrating and annoying. The new navigation bar is nice, but now if you read down - and you have to, to see all the messages, now you're forced to scroll back up to navigate away. No page numbers, so if you want to refer back to a page previously in a subject - lucky you, you get to awkwardly load all the pages again looking for it.

The WoW site's job is to pass along a lot of information, but the new design clearly did not have that in mind when designing the new look - accessability and ease of use and not burning a hole in the reader's cornea clearly were not things that they paid any attention to.

If this was turned in to me at work, it would be sent back with "try again!" on it. Some good ideas, but the overall execution is not good. They can do better.

The old site needed a revamp, it was horribly outdated, but this one feels half finished and not well done for what is done. This is not the polish and finish we come to expect from Blizzard, and it overall doesnt feel like a good fit for a fantasy based game with a rich history in art and design behind it. It looks pretty generic now.

Personally, I don't like the new cartoon-style class icons that are on the links to each of the individual class forums. My DK class icon now looks like a cloud! lol. I also don't like not being able to see how many pages a thread has, unless you click on the thread link. Don't like having to scroll all the way back to the top of a thread in order to click out of the thread and view a refreshed page of the current forum you're in. Don't like not being able to see the guild a player is in without going to their armory now. I won't go in to every little detail that I'm not fond of, but I just feel like they really reduced the usability of the forums and really killed a lot of quality of life type options we had with the previous forums. Removing options seems to be a trend with this whole upcoming expansion pack, and I'm not a fan.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like it, it's basically the HotS forum but green instead of blue lol.