Displayport to DVI VS other ports

So my new gpu a 1070 i just got has 3 display ports 1 hdmi and 1 dvi. My 2 27inchs have vga and dvi ports. Getting new monitors arnt in the options right now. So my question is, do i use 2 display port to dvi converter cables or to i do one dvi to dvi and one hdmi to dvi cable? Im runnin 1980x1080 on both monitors which is supported by the display port to dvi converters.

Use the DVI available from the video card and convert one of the displays to DVI for your second monitor. This would be the simplest.

Do any of your monitors have higher than 60hz refresh rate? If so, then the connection will actually matter. Otherwise keel it simple.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Use the DVI available from the video card and convert one of the displays to DVI for your second monitor. This would be the simplest.

Do any of your monitors have higher than 60hz refresh rate? If so, then the connection will actually matter. Otherwise keel it simple.
    No both are 60. I ordered 2 of the converters. Will i see a difference in the monitors? or will dvi to dvi be the same as DP to dvi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No both are 60. I ordered 2 of the converters. Will i see a difference in the monitors? or will dvi to dvi be the same as DP to dvi.
    DP is basically upgraded HDMI (video+audio) that allows you to run 120Hz+, DVI is digital video only interface that allows you to run 120Hz+ with Dual Link cable. Basically if your monitors dont have build in speakears or audio ports you wont have any difference.

If they are only 60hz then run with w/e is simplest, doubt it will make any difference whatsoever.

I would recommend a 144hz monitor though to let your 1070 flex its potential, or a 1440p if your more into the high graphics AAA games, or one that has both.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If they are only 60hz then run with w/e is simplest, doubt it will make any difference whatsoever.

I would recommend a 144hz monitor though to let your 1070 flex its potential, or a 1440p if your more into the high graphics AAA games, or one that has both.
    Yeh eventually a new monitor is in line. But i have 2 get 2 due to my using duals and i cant stand mismatched sizes. Prob around the new year.

Yeh eventually a new monitor is in line. But i have 2 get 2 due to my using duals and i cant stand mismatched sizes. Prob around the new year.
    Well, unless you want to game on both I don't see the point in getting 2 "gaming monitors". I have a high contrast, amazing color IPS monitor for the side viewing and a 144hz for my games. 27" is a common size, so unless your simply OCD in having 2 exact same monitors, your better off just investing in one amazing monitor that fits the 27" size and keep your existing 2 for the screen realty.

But that's just my 2 cents.