Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Kinda lost me on that first one honestly, there's a reason Blizzard puts the pre-patches up even on the PTR before launching them. Sure, there's probably still bugs that will slip by, but it's definitely in no way a beta.
    That's just because you don't want to agree. If you think the limited tests on PTR are or have ever been enough to get all the kinks out of a software program anywhere ever, you are sorely mistaken. You may disagree, but I think it's a pretty obvious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's just because you don't want to agree. If you think the limited tests on PTR are or have ever been enough to get all the kinks out of a software program anywhere ever, you are sorely mistaken.
    If you go by this logic, why do developers bother with them?

Because they're actually super helpful in finding tons of bugs and issues, both on the client and backend side of things. Sure, they don't let devs catch everything, and there will always be tons of new problems that only come up when the update is in the live. But the reality is that they're more than useful enough to keep super major bugs out of updates compared to if they just cold launched it because FUCK IT, WE'RE DOING IT LIVE.

Am i the only one shaking thier head at all the lazy buttholes cheating at pokemongo. Like fucking really, if you want to go through that much trouble just play the game ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Am i the only one shaking thier head at all the lazy buttholes cheating at pokemongo. Like fucking really, if you want to go through that much trouble just play the game ffs.
    What exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    What exactly do you mean?
    The people who are downloading some gps hack that lets you walk around in the game and go whereever or teleport whereever. Iv seen a heap of people IRL using it so far.

I assume you live in a big town where there is more than one pokemon stop and a gym?

Where I live there is literally two pokestops and one gym, to find more I have to drive 10-15 minutes. The pokemon that spawn is rather scarce (spelling?) as well, mostly just Pidgey, Eevee, Weedle and Caterpies. The Eevees are nice, but yeah.

Took a trip downtown (30minutes with bus), there was pokestops everywhere, a bunch of lures set up, and pokemon spawning 24/7. I went from 18-19 by simply walking trough a park (was a sloow walk), and suddenly my pokeball problem was non existent. And I discovered so damn many new pokemons (thus leveling so fast).

So yeah, if I cared about jailbraking my phone I would most likely "cheat" aswell, because living on the country side sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I can agree qith you. The point however is that some (read: a lot) of places don't have any decent spawn point density and often require people to get their car to move for 30/40 minutes before evn getting to play.

And i'm not talking about powerleveling pokemons, i'm talking about being able to catch anything. To me it looks more like gathering in the best farming spot like anyone does in any game.

The fault is all on Niantic imho, since there's no common ground for players and some are basically locked into doing nothing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I assume you live in a big town where there is more than one pokemon stop and a gym?

Where I live there is literally two pokestops and one gym, to find more I have to drive 10-15 minutes. The pokemon that spawn is rather scarce (spelling?) as well, mostly just Pidgey, Eevee, Weedle and Caterpies. The Eevees are nice, but yeah.

Took a trip downtown (30minutes with bus), there was pokestops everywhere, a bunch of lures set up, and pokemon spawning 24/7. I went from 18-19 by simply walking trough a park (was a sloow walk), and suddenly my pokeball problem was non existent. And I discovered so damn many new pokemons (thus leveling so fast).

So yeah, if I cared about jailbraking my phone I would most likely "cheat" aswell, because living on the country side sucks.
    Why not play the actuall pokemon game then? This is what i ask everyone of them that are cheating at this game. I can sortof understand if you live in bumfuck nowhere. But all of the people i know who are doing dont, and they are just fucking lazy.

Deleted
    My phone doesn't have enough RAM to play it :< thing is I'm not rushing out to buy a new phone just to play it even though it looks like a nice way to pass the time when I commute.

I really can't believe what a big deal it's become in all honesty, every time me and my friends played the games at school people came up like 'Why you playing that it sucks/stupid' etc. and that seemed to be the general dynamic and we were the odd few who enjoyed it. But of course people worldwide love it, it just seems ridiculously popular and I don't know if it's the fact it's pokemon, or just how the game is. I've loved Pokémon since I was about 4 I think and I'm waiting for the new DS games, and as much as GO looks really cute, it is literally just catching them, no real battles of wild or trainer pokemon. Which is fine I guess, but not what I want :P

That said, if my phone were good enough, I would still play it passively :P

Why not play the actuall pokemon game then? This is what i ask everyone of them that are cheating at this game. I can sortof understand if you live in bumfuck nowhere. But all of the people i know who are doing dont, and they are just fucking lazy.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it - you're completely right on this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Why are you asking the question, when we have answered it like five times? Because some people live in places you just can't play it properly without travling 30 minutes. And why would people travel 30 minutes just to be able to play a mobile game?

Personally I haven't cheated, as I have to jailbreak my iPhone to be able to spoof my gps. But it truly does suck to not live in some city. I am far behind all my friends, that started after I started playing the game, and I walk about 5 km every day, while having Pokemon GO active in my pocket. There just isn't enough stuff around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Why are you asking the question, when we have answered it like five times? Because some people live in places you just can't play it properly without travling 30 minutes. And why would people travel 30 minutes just to be able to play a mobile game?

Personally I haven't cheated, as I have to jailbreak my iPhone to be able to spoof my gps. But it truly does suck to not live in some city. I am far behind all my friends, that started after I started playing the game, and I walk about 5 km every day, while having Pokemon GO active in my pocket. There just isn't enough stuff around here.
    Your not the people im talking about.

You can use an android emulator to do it, no need to jailbreak your phone for it. To anyone that says it is cheating, at least it isn't botting, which is even more rampant by the looks of it.
    Last edited by BigAssBoy; 2016-07-27 at 09:35 AM.

The people who are downloading some gps hack that lets you walk around in the game and go whereever or teleport whereever. Iv seen a heap of people IRL using it so far.
    Ok, understood (some ppl consider using Pokevision and alike as cheating also, that's why I was asking). As others said before me already, there are places where you basically cannot help but use it in order to play at all. Don't get me wrong, it's still not correct way to play this game, it's just how it is. On the other hand it also depends how you use the gps spoof. Do you just port to a big city and then walk there within your emulator or do you keep jumping to the pokestops/gyms and farm with that? The first I have no problem with except that you don't move your body and obviously can't play with others. The second way is much worse but if that's how some enjoy the game...

At the end of the day you are not directly influenced by others spoofing around. Yes, they level faster probably, but that's it. Can't see any other benefit than that (and way to get 'mons you wouldn't easily get otherwise but again you can get them eventually). Personally I'm more pissed off that I can't find the goddamn Charmander in the wild than I am about this. But yeah, see your point...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    You can use an android emulator to do it, no need to jailbreak your phone for it. To anyone that says it is cheating, at least it isn't botting, which is even more rampant by the looks of it.
    Sorry, i think its dumb for people to spend so much time spoofing the gps and cheating at the go app. When countless of them have never touched the gameboy/ds games. They are amazing and this app should work more to push people into the gameline games imo.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-07-27 at 10:06 AM.

The cheaters are why i dont think it is likely we will ever see the trading system they claim is going to come, because once trading becaomse a thing, people will start selling pokemon and the cheaters grabbing stuff planet wide will cause so much drama there it is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Never said shit was anyone's fault, that's just your victim complex shining through.

"Release candidate" version STILL MEANS BETA, rofl.

Right now there's many features in the game files that are not live, and even more features that Niantic says it wants to put in. This is a very bare bones game compared to what they have said they wanted. And yeah, I don't expect a bunch of people over at reddit to know more than Niantic about their own game.
    Seriously dude just stop. By this logic, the game will always be in beta as Niantic wants this game to be an ever evolving game with new features and overhauls regularly. Hell, even WoW is always in beta according to your logic! While we're at it, Hearthstone has also never left beta. Ever since closed beta we could find a Death Knight class hidden in the game files which still hasn't been added up to this date! You should stop embarrassing yourself mate.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I would be fine with spoofing if they made it so it takes the same amount of time to reach the destination as it does by car. Teleporting is extremely unfair.

Honestly, that is what I do. I didn't play for 3 hours before I spoofed myself in Detroit (takes about 3 hours to drive there from here)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you go by this logic, why do developers bother with them?

Because they're actually super helpful in finding tons of bugs and issues, both on the client and backend side of things. Sure, they don't let devs catch everything, and there will always be tons of new problems that only come up when the update is in the live. But the reality is that they're more than useful enough to keep super major bugs out of updates compared to if they just cold launched it because FUCK IT, WE'RE DOING IT LIVE.
    Why do they indeed? FFXIV internally tested an entire expansion and it came out nearly 100% bug free and stable after 1 day.
    EDIT: With a team much much much smaller than blizzard.

Someone hit level 40 with a bot