10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post

Also, I watched the One Piece Heart of Gold special that takes place before the movie. Fantastic. While it wasn't a "movie" per se, it was easily the best one. Olga was such a great character. Hopefully the movie carries on the special's momentum.
    I'm downloading it now, I hope its good.

Orange 4: Carpe Diem: The Anime. Not that I mind that at all. I'm loving this so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I think it's time I finally watch Monster. I've been putting it off forever and that's definitely something I need to rectify. I've actually started it twice but each time wasn't really in the mood for that type of show and didn't want to force it.
    It's good, but it's WAY longer than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    It's good, but it's WAY longer than it needs to be.
    I second this comment. I liked it, but I definitely felt lost in the middle with the sheer number of characters and side plots that it pursues.

Fuuka 117-118 - Best girl loses once more and mc being a shit. Damn you Seo Kouji...

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Fuuka
    Unrelated but reading that made me realize why my gf's family calls the youngest girl Chikaze, "Fuu." Thought it was just a random nickname but "kaze" and "fuu" are the same kanji.

weeb levels rising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished Stranger Things. It was really well done, definitely recommend it to everyone. Those ending twists. Jesus. I really hope Eleven is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    tell her to call her by her real name and not with some imaginery moonspeak names
    4 girls in the family, all their names begin with "Chi" nicknames are kind of a necessity

dad-san trying to raise the birthrate by himself for the homeland

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    chinkasu ?
    close actually

WSJ confirms next two chapters are the last chapters for Nisekoi, leaks look like this bullshit is going to end up with a Toradora ending. Fucking dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    WSJ confirms next two chapters are the last chapters for Nisekoi, leaks look like this bullshit is going to end up with a Toradora ending. Fucking dropped.
    Toradora ending? she goes back to America for the remaining time of High School then comes back on graduation day and hides in a cupboard ending?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    It's nice to know the Wall Street Journal has finally figured out quality news.

Deleted
    I'm watching Grimgar right now,

someone care to explain why the best 'serious-alternate-world/mmo-rpg anime' didn't get a 2nd season yet but shows like SAO or Log Horizon, which feels like it's is both written and directed by a twelve year old, do?

From what I could tell, even the LN of Grimgar is written much better than 90% I've read so far (and I'm not talking about the story here).

Japanese people can't have *that* much of a shit taste, can they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

someone care to explain why the best 'serious-alternate-world/mmo-rpg anime' didn't get a 2nd season yet but shows like SAO or Log Horizon, which feels like it's is both written and directed by a twelve year old, do?

From what I could tell, even the LN of Grimgar is written much better than 90% I've read so far (and I'm not talking about the story here).

Grimgar didn't air that many seasons ago, while both SAO S1 and LH S1 are old news at this point. Give it a sec before you call 'S2 never'.

Also, Grimgar isn't nearly as mainstream/flashy as SAO or as cheap to produce as LH (DEAN and Satellite for god's sake).

10+ Year Old Account
    They can and they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Toradora ending? she goes back to America for the remaining time of High School then comes back on graduation day and hides in a cupboard ending?
    That's basically it, except for the hiding. According to the spoiler site anyways, which has been 100% spot on for the past month and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It's nice to know the Wall Street Journal has finally figured out quality news.

(I tried to find a screencap of "sorry sir we don't sell the Jump magazine" but no dice)

someone care to explain why the best 'serious-alternate-world/mmo-rpg anime' didn't get a 2nd season yet but shows like SAO or Log Horizon, which feels like it's is both written and directed by a twelve year old, do.

I don't remember how the anime sold, but I wanna say it did average. Not sure how reception was in Japan (where it actually matters) but opinions of it elsewhere seemed pretty positive.
    Last edited by Sj; 2016-07-27 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted

SAO, LH, and Grimgar are completely different anime in the first place. No point asking why the former got sequels while the latter didn't when they're aimed at completely different audiences. Plus as others said, Grimgar barely aired two seasons ago while both SAO and LH are much older.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    SAO, LH, and Grimgar are completely different anime in the first place. No point asking why the former got sequels while the latter didn't when they're aimed at completely different audiences. Plus as others said, Grimgar barely aired two seasons ago while both SAO and LH are much older.

How are they different. All of these shows feature people who are stuck in a different world with mmo/rpg features. So where does the 'different audience' come from? They are as similar as it gets without having the same story and LH even HAD the same story as SAO, pretty much.
    S2 for all of them except for Grimgar were confirmed very early too (LH announced it during the credits) and SAO was 2 seasons from the start (24 episodes if I remember correctly, could be wrong though.)

The LN didn't get licensed and from what I remember the pre-order sales went poorly/mediocre, which is why I'm doubting a 2nd season (of the same quality).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-27 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are they different. All of these shows feature people who are stuck in a different world with mmo/rpg features. So where does the 'different audience' come from? They are as similar as it gets without having the same story and LH even HAD the same story as SAO, pretty much.
    S2 for all of them except for Grimgar were confirmed very early too (LH announced it during the credits) and SAO was 2 seasons from the start (24 episodes if I remember correctly, could be wrong though.)

The LN didn't get licensed and from what I remember the pre-order sales went poorly/mediocre, which is why I'm doubting a 2nd season (of the same quality).
    Similar themes have completely different audiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the hardest content that Warlords has given me short of Mythic Raids have been the current timewarp Wrath dungeons I'm doing right now. Pit of Saron is a bitch. Multiple wipes on the first and last boss.