Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    They dont even pick up garbage in front of their homes, they don't have any goals besides where to find the weed that day. You give them way too much credit.
    Maybe I do. But atleast I have the right to say "I am dissapointed in you" if they recieve the benefit and squander it. This way they have less excuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You haven't heard the opportunities yet. Depending on your skill-set, I might offer $15/hour.

Oh wait, that's barely living wage. C'est la vie.
    I dont live in US so before you go on make sure it has the following:
    - Tax included health care
    - Tax included insurance
    - The wage is high enough to compare to living in UK as a bachelor who spends 3/5th of his income on food, apartment, bills and has 2/5th left as disposable income.
    - Manual work that doesnt require any skills.

Otherwise dont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    They dont even pick up garbage in front of their homes, they don't have any goals besides where to find the weed that day. You give them way too much credit.
    Go live in New York City for a few weeks. There's nowhere to put garbage but in front of your home.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    No, I still believe that people who work hard should get paid more, but does a CEO really need to make 200 million a year? No, that is a massive waste.
    This, so much this. Also some useless jobs need to be paid way less. Actresses, professional sport players and alike contribute nothing to society yet earn way WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    I dont live in US so before you go on make sure it has the following:
    - Tax included health care
    - Tax included insurance
    - The wage is high enough to compare to living in UK as a bachelor who spends 3/5th of his income on food, apartment, bills and has 2/5th left as disposable income.
    - Manual work that doesnt require any skills.

Otherwise dont bother.
    x Nope
    x Nope
    x Maybe
    x Nope (Editing this one: my field requires listening and watching; anyone can do it with a little attention; however you'll die fast if you can't keep pace with me)

Got it? That's now it is where I live, and I live in one of the most progressive states in the US.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2016-07-27 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    x Nope
    x Nope
    x Maybe
    x Nope (Editing this one: my field requires listening and watching; anyone can do it with a little attention; however you'll die fast if you can't keep pace with me)

Got it? That's now it is where I live, and I live in one of the most progressive states in the US.
    Time to switch continent perhaps?

Time to switch continent perhaps?
    I've lived in Italy, France, and Switzerland, and spent considerable time in Japan, Thailand, and India. I don't have many options left. Know anything about New Zealand? I'm kind of feeling like hiding in a hobbit hole recently.

Deleted
    I've lived in Italy, France, and Switzerland, and spent considerable time in Japan, Thailand, and India. I don't have many options left. Know anything about New Zealand? I'm kind of feeling like hiding in a hobbit hole recently.
    Try United Kingdom, East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough. Despite what you may think, working at a TESCO warehouse is not bad. Assuming you can handle 7 hours of walking, bending and putting boxes in cages in +1 degree celcius . Before that though you have to first go through being a disposable agency drone whos gonna put up with 6 days/week 10 hour shift while patiently snipping for company team member slots that open up every year or three or so.

I'd imagine it's like this everywhere else though. You start below the table and live on scraps before you can quickly snatch a seat once it's available.

Deleted
    Want to guess how much I pay myself? I have a B.S. in Physics and a J.D.

Then guess how many hours I work.

It's 5:10am here. Also guess when my day started.

Let's play.
    Lets. I've no idea how much you pay yourself. No idea how many hours you work either. If you want to make a point make it.

Try United Kingdom, East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough. Despite what you may think, working at a TESCO warehouse is not bad. Assuming you can handle 7 hours of walking, bending and putting boxes in cages in +1 degree celcius . Before that though you have to first go through being a disposable agency drone whos gonna put up with 6 days/week 10 hour shift while patiently snipping for company team member slots that open up every year or three or so.

I'd imagine it's like this everywhere else though. You start below the table and live on scraps before you can quickly snatch a seat once it's available.
    Uhhh... I currently work about 8am to 1am, 6 days per week. My math says that's about 100 hours per week. Sure, it's in 50C conditions, not in freezing conditions (mostly)...

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Lets. I've no idea how much you pay yourself. No idea how many hours you work either. If you want to make a point make it.
    I'm playing a game here. Your stance was that "educate" yourself means you do better, and those who are failing simply need to learn something.

Is that how it works?

I thought this thread was about finite resources. Money means nothing in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I thought this thread was about finite resources. Money means nothing in that regard.
    The price of a specific product doesn't mean much, but my ability to acquire (let's say) tomatoes does depend on my wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh... I currently work about 8am to 1am, 6 days per week. My math says that's about 100 hours per week. Sure, it's in 50C conditions, not in freezing conditions (mostly)...

I'm playing a game here. Your stance was that "educate" yourself means you do better, and those who are failing simply need to learn something.

Is that how it works?
    If you are failing then you clearly don't know enough. Standard education from school can only take you so far. If you can't figure it out by yourself than you deserve that shitty job.

The price of a specific product doesn't mean much, but my ability to acquire (let's say) tomatoes does depend on my wallet.
    I think it depends far more on farming...and what it takes to grow a tomato.

@ nanook12
    Question : how much of my money are YOU entitled to?

Deleted

Is that how it works?
    Yes. Learn something that is sought for be good at it and move up that way.

Yes. Learn something that is sought for be good at it and move up that way.
    What's your skill, friend?

Deleted
    What's your skill, friend?
    Programmer.

Programmer.
    Cool. Something that can be done remotely anywhere in the world for less than you're getting paid. Got it.

What's your SKILL?

Deleted
    Cool. Something that can be done remotely anywhere in the world for less than you're getting paid. Got it.

What's your SKILL?
    Actually being good at it? If you want to go into what makes a good programmer and call that a skill it's basically being able to understand how things work together relatively fast and be able to come up with solutions to problems that don't break more than they fix.

What's your SKILL?
    I'm reminded of the school teacher who once said that she had 20 students in her class, and every one of them is a genius. She said that the trick was finding what and where did each student excel at.