Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    because the others have effort involvent

this are just freebies

I'm assuming this is sarcasm.

becouse ppl would start to whining one exp after the one with legenday "i cant solo the raids or find a group to raid old content to complete the quest"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    You know what's far worse?

People in denial who bitch about removing content because they want to feel special too

You and the snowflakes are two sides of he same coin.
    Can't we just admit at this point that the "Special Snowflake" term is more a reflection on the person using it rather than any group they wish to apply it to? In the case of the user you quoted it screams "I'm entitled and it causes me mental anguish that there are people who have done things that I didn't in a video game"...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    The legendary ring (and cloak) is/was very accessible, but they should really keep the story in game, makes no sense indeed that some people may miss out on Khadgar's epicness and the little tidbits of lore (and seeing those old, old characters from pre-WoW games).
    Neither questline were lore tidbits in MoP nor WoD; they were the expansion's lynchpin that tied a lot of storylines together. WoD's level 100 storyline makes zero sense with the questline's removal, and players who come back from a break or just join, who haven't done the legendary ring questline, are going to have zero information as to why Gul'dan and Cordana are working together after she spends a lot of time as a friendly questgiver, or why Khadgar and Gul'dan have such enmity for one another.

That's what makes it so obvious as a "Please stay subscribed!" bribe: the sloppy way they just cut out major expansion storylines whole cloth rather than surgically remove the rewards. They learned it worked great with the legendary cloak, Challenge Mode sets, and Garrosh heirlooms in 5.4, so they saw no reason not to do it again rather than take some time to design new shit to do in WoD rather than completely abandon it six months in.

At least Blizz is keeping the pre-expansion storyline in by letting you speak to an NPC in Dalaran to play through the quests in the future.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Has anyone thought that maybe they remove this questlines so that people do not stay forever in MOP or WOD without purchasing next expansions?
    I know it sounds weird, but i happen to know people in game that stayed in MOP during WOD, once it was added to the basic game, and payed their sub with gold, with no intention of purchasing the next expansion.
    This way they remove a little the incentive for people to remain in past expansions, so that they move to (and purchase) the current one.
    If this is not the reason why they remove this content, well then this is absurd, because i played and purchased MOP at the time and i do not see why i am not gonna be able to repeat this questline if i choose to do it with a new alt for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Has anyone thought that maybe they remove this questlines so that people do not stay forever in MOP or WOD without purchasing next expansions?
    I know it sounds weird, but i happen to know people in game that stayed in MOP during WOD, once it was added to the basic game, and payed their sub with gold, with no intention of purchasing the next expansion.
    This way they remove a little the incentive for people to remain in past expansions, so that they move to (and purchase) the current one.
    If this is not the reason why they remove this content, well then this is absurd, because i played and purchased MOP at the time and i do not see why i am not gonna be able to repeat this questline if i choose to do it with a new alt for example.
    It's less of a reason for financial reasons, and more of one for gameplay reasons. There is content that is intended to be played right now, that moment, so of course there will be incentives to do so. Removing one tiny aspect of a past expansion (most notably the aspect that most has to do with group interaction, as no legendary quest was ever fully soloable, even if it meant only LFR) does not equate to artificial coercion to purchase more content, as 99% of that expansion is still there.

Because exclusivity is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Setting a expansion-limit to these Items such as the Cape and Ring make players who actualy put in the time and effort much more valuable and worth while. Very unfair for a player who spent most of the expanison working on the Cape/Ring just for other players who can just steamroll the old content for these items.
    Its the whole term that if everyone has it, no one is special. If everyone can get these items, then it has very little value.
    You mean like how everyone farms the pre-MOP legendaries by one shotting bosses on their recently dinged max level alts in questing greens?

The MOP/WOD legendaries were even acquirable through LFR. The only effort it took was time. You never had to do a single minute of hard content to get them, unlike the other legendaries when they were still relevant. I invested far more time in farming Illidan every week in TBC when it required a full group of non-retarded players to get my set of Warglaives than I did for both the MOP and WOD questline combined, yet somehow any moron who can press a button to insta-kill the BT bosses can get the Warglaives now but no one can do the cloak/ring questlines anymore. Hell, they even updated the Warglaives so DK's and now DH's can wield them.

Also, the story doesn't make sense without the legendary questline tying it together. So anyone who wants to experience the story of old expansions is screwed.

Either remove all legendaries once their expansion is done or keep them all, not this half-assed shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Other Legendary quests have been in for longer and still are.

Why remove these two.
    I feel that those legendaries should be removed too. Leave the quests in for the story but remove the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    So new players who start in Legion, just fuck them, right? Or players who are returning after quitting in Wrath or Cata.

Now they get to level through content where the story isn't fully told. That's just great design, ain't it?

But hey, you got yours, so fuck everyone else, amirite?
    Basically yes. If you don't play the game during that time then that's on you.

I think Blizz should leave the quest line itself in so you can see the story. But remove the ring itself.

Let there be some exclusivity to this game.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    It's a video game, not your job. Next time, try to compare an apple to an apple. Not to a cucumber.

Everyone pays the same amount of money to play the game. Everyone should have the opportunity to be able to gain the rewards the game has to offer within the timeframes they are able to play it, be that people of your ilk who seem to practically live on their server or people that can only log on a few hours a week.

And nobody respects people that play World of Warcraft. They never did, and they never will. You should eliminate that word from your vocabulary entirely. You clearly have no clue what it's definition is.
    The comparison may not have been very apt but it's still a valid point.

I don't live on WoW, up until the pre-patch I was playing 3hrs/2nights a week. I've completed the content in due time and past the first month of WoW I have not been online for more than 15 hours a week.

I don't care that people are paying the same money for the game. It's not gonna wait for you, Blizzard is not going to wait for you. If you didn't play when the content was available you have no right to complain it's being taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    You seem pretty adamant on trying to establish some sort of "i'm better than you" while also being a general asshat.. judging by your posts in this thread at least.

As for the "removing the legendary and keeping the quests".. neither i, nor most of the other people you have quoted and attempted to.. i guess.. attack to feed your ego.. have disagreed with that notion. So perhaps before coming into threads such as this, go outside once in a while, get some sun, then you don't have to try and provoke everyone for having an opinion that may differ even slightly to your own.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this. Those two were amazing parts of the game that i miss dearly!
    Says the one throwing insults.

I believe your credibility walked out the back door, you might be able to catch it if you're fast enough.

They've removed content since Vanilla (Ahn'Qiraj war efforts, old Naxx, Hand of A'dal quest line...). Ain't anything new tbh. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What's the problem with leaving the quest chain on with the same grinds?

The rewards are no longer powerful anyway, so I don't know why you are discussing "working for it" at all, but whatever, what's the problem with just leaving these things where they are? Why remove them?

(I mean, I know why they are removing them, but that's a bad reason for the player.)
    A legendary cloak and a legendary ring don't particularly make me feel special at all. I never thought that and I never will, I'm not THAT vain. I stand by my original post, however. Exclusivity is something this game should have and it should be encouraged. Sulfuras, Thunderfury and Tarecgosa (the flashier legacy legendaries) are still in the game. Those chains should've been removed with the end of each weapon's particular expansion but they didn't do that. Or would you have had them keep Scarab Lord, Death's Demise, Hand of A'dal and countless other things too?

I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This quote just shows why it is wrong to remove content.
    Where are these games? They are DEAD. They are free to play and yet no one plays them. Hell I haven't even heard of some of those.
    HEY, I happen to know someone who plays those games still...ME! So it is NOT dead...AHAHAHAHHAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really bother me. It was just for some ring and it was god awful trying to get it. I never got it because of how grindy the quest line was, it was annoying. The farthest I got was when you had to grind Highmaul for those stones or something and I did it for a couple days until I just got burned out from doing it and never felt like finishing it. It was so tedious.

Hopefully in Legion if they have another legendary questline they make it more interesting and less grindy while also keeping it accessible for everyone.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-27 at 03:03 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The official announcement for the cloak quest removal alluded to putting exclusivity into the game again. I took it to be a nod to the raiders who earned their achievements etc while the content or at least the expansion was still current. Frankly, those are the type of players keeping wow going. Most of the casuals quit long ago.

So get your shit while it's still current or don't get it at all.

Legendary items are meaningless nowadays anyways, they are the norm. So I don't see why they can't keep the quest in the game.

I stopped raiding seriously in cata, and in MoP I was doing LFR maybe once every 2 weeks when bored (probably AFKing through most of it). Guess what? I easily got the legendary cloak. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    They've removed content since Vanilla (Ahn'Qiraj war efforts, old Naxx, Hand of A'dal quest line...). Ain't anything new tbh. :P
    I still have a character with a quest to collect Copper Bars for the Ahn'Qiraj war effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    The comparison may not have been very apt but it's still a valid point.

I don't live on WoW, up until the pre-patch I was playing 3hrs/2nights a week. I've completed the content in due time and past the first month of WoW I have not been online for more than 15 hours a week.

I don't care that people are paying the same money for the game. It's not gonna wait for you, Blizzard is not going to wait for you. If you didn't play when the content was available you have no right to complain it's being taken away.
    And what does removal of content have to do with anything you posted previously? You're over here griping about how cool you used to think you were in a video game to people you'll never in your lifetime meet. I don't see what any of that has to do with removing a quest chain. Those don't even connect to each other in any way whatsoever.

If you were trying to stay on the topic of removing the quest chain, you failed. Miserably. Next time maybe talk about how they've removed quests in the past, and it didn't affect the current gameplay one potato. Instead of sounding like the angry old man telling new players to get off your lawn.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I wouldn't quite consider the legendary quests as "content".

I resubbed 3 months ago simply just so I could finish the quest and obtain everything else that would be harder (like Ashran) or removed (Challenge Modes, Moose, etc).

If things wernt getting removed, I wouldnt have bothered until Legion came out.
    Perhaps that right there answers the question.