Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I'm a Libertarian because I think government should be small, efficient, and non-intrusive. We're so over-bloated and corrupt right now its absurd.

I would have no qualms with executing every single federal politician and lobbyist to start fresh without all the bullshit.
    That's the problem when you cross that "extremist" line, few will take you seriously.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Just going to drop this here because I'm bored ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality

Everything is wealth redistribution. Especially when others are paying for your method of production.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I was a democrat this time last year. I now throw my lot in with Republicans. Most attractive feature of the party is that feelings aren't put first when conversations happen or decisions are made. To add to that I now own a construction company, republican policies benefit me and my workers more. Had a cool conversation with my company lawyer about which pres would help us out more and it was overwhelmingly Trump. So theres that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I was a democrat this time last year. I now throw my lot in with Republicans. Most attractive feature of the party is that feelings aren't put first when conversations happen or decisions are made. To add to that I now own a construction company, republican policies benefit me and my workers more. Had a cool conversation with my company lawyer about which pres would help us out more and it was overwhelmingly Trump. So theres that
    Feelings aren't put first? You must have missed the latest RNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Feelings aren't put first? You must have missed the latest RNC.
    Hes talking about the SJW mentality , which afterall is exclusively Liberal and therefore Democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Hes talking about the SJW mentality , which afterall is exclusively Liberal and therefore Democrat.
    What in the world is "SJW mentality"? And what do liberals have to do with the Democratic Party? Sounds like you are just using random words for effect.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

My views go to both sides as a matter of pragmatism but I've reliably voted Democratic because I consider them to be better on all of my secondary issues. Which sucks. I'd love an honest to goodness Left-Libertarian party, but I'm not sure anything other than an outright depression and/or civil revolt will kill capitalism in my lifetime(also not advocating for either of those, I'm squarely in the muddle-along and try to do as little harm as possible camp).

Quote Originally Posted by Unkempt View Post
    True, but even if I have to then choose between voting my interests on Economic Issues vs. Social Issues, economic issues will always win. If there many more old Reagan Democrats still around, I would 100% be a Dem. I'm glad to see Evan Bayh is running again, he's one of those few old breed Dems that I loved, just unfortunate he's not in my state, I get Al Franken instead....fml
    You may be the first person I have seen that has claimed love for Evan Bayh...

What...the fuck?

"Reagan Democrat" = DINO

What in the world is "SJW mentality"? And what do liberals have to do with the Democratic Party? Sounds like you are just using random words for effect.
    SJW (social justice warrior) mentality is the prioritization of feelings and anecdotal evidence over facts and statistics.
    I think what he is saying that while both parties may be emotionally driven, sjw mentality only exists within the democratic party, though a sub-group.

To counter that, the alt-right (nationalist) only exist in the right, which is half emotionally drive and half, mislead, statistic based. It is a way to balance the pedestal with extremism on both side.

Labeling your self as anything is usually very wrong.

Why?

Because when you label yourself as, i.e. "Democrat", you sort of accept EVERYTHING that defines that. And usually, only the parts are moral, justful and fair.

Why can't people take the best from all and not label themselves at all?

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Your problem is that supply side tax cuts are not tax cuts for the rich, they are tax cuts for everyone. Supply side believes that if you reduce G, C and I will increase, and since C and I have a larger multiplier effect, the total benefit is better. This is observably true. Answer me this: If I take your money to buy something you are selling, are you better or worse off in the end. if the answer is better, please share your secret. If the answer is worse, you now have have a glimpse into the flaw that is Keynes. If you want more, there is a whole internet of information just waiting to share itself with you.
    They are absolutely tax cuts for the rich, with minor tax cuts thrown in for everybody else to make it more palatable. Capital gains and dividends have been cut in half between Reagan and Bush. Phase-in's for developers have become ridiculous considering how much they're getting back in both potential capitol and using them as buffers against LTCG to avoid AMT's.

Basically, supply-side economics posits something that seams reasonable until you realize it's simply a way for the wealthy to horde more wealth. Do you know what actually spurs economic growth? Giving raises to the poor and middle class, who will immediately spend that money. Money moving for goods and services creates economic growth. Money moving between funds absolutely does not.

He's probably referring to how the dnc does stuff like have mothers of criminals killed by cops on at the dnc to pander to BLM. Even though stats show blacks r not being singled out or executed by cops and if anything blacks have been hurt the worst out of anyone economically after 8 years of a democrat in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boys View Post
    SJW (social justice warrior) mentality is the prioritization of feelings and anecdotal evidence over facts and statistics.
    Sounds like a Conservative Christian...or was it a Compassionate Conservative..?

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Why do you lean Republican or Democrat? This will not be a thread to bitch about the "other" party. Just state why you like Republican or Democrat. What draws you to that party? Just remember, this is not a bitch-fest thread, just state what draws you to that party. Those who are Independents please ignore this thread.

So again, this is not a bitch-about-the-other-party-thread.

Mine:

DEMOCRAT

Pretty simple, I think we are a better people when we look out for each other. I believe faith is a personal matter. That the oil, insurance, and pharmaceutical industries get windfall profits and tax breaks while the regular person does not get those breaks. I do not like to see to see Corporations/businesses exploit and abuse workers. I feel that there is more power in hope than in fear.

EDIT:

Ok then. I started this thread and now am thoroughly disgusted with the whole thread. I specifically stated ( 3 times) at the start on how this will be all about why you like your party and no bashing of the other party. You fuckers cannot control yourselves. You wonder why the political system is so fucking bad and whine about it constantly. It's because the political direction is directed by you all and and most (not all) can't fucking control yourselves. Look at the mess the system is in. Your fault. You let it happen. This is why we cannot have nice things.

Mods, can you just close this gong show of a thread?
    Why just stick with one of those 2 though?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post

Why?

Because when you label yourself as, i.e. "Democrat", you sort of accept EVERYTHING that defines that. And usually, only the parts are moral, justful and fair.

I 100% agree. I feel the problem with it is people lean towards a "clan" mentality to be with their group. With that they accept all of the burdens of the group you may not agree with.

Hell, I was talking to a guy who called himself a libertarian who believed it was not right that the government cannot issue a blind person a driver's license because it impede's the person's rights. Or green party members who think half of the US will be under water in 3 years. Sometimes the two big parties are appealing because those off-opinions are less vocal considering the amount of less absurd voices in the group

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sounds like a Conservative Christian...or was it a Compassionate Conservative..?
    They'll change the name to look less crazy, as most cults do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post

Why?

Exactly, there are things I agree with on both sides, R and D turns everything into a black and white issue which is bullshit. Just like how the members of SCOTUS tends to vote by their party's ideology and not by law. The shit sickens me

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. A two party system is destructive and stupid. As if we were not polarized enough already.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boys View Post
    I think what he is saying that while both parties may be emotionally driven, sjw mentality only exists within the democratic party, though a sub-group.

To counter that, the alt-right (nationalist) only exist in the right, which is half emotionally drive and half, mislead, statistic based. It is a way to balance the pedestal with extremism on both side.
    Well, if this is the case, then pretty much every political party in the world has this mentality, since it is very hard to reach to people without resorting to appeal to feelings/emotion. Few people are interested in actual statistics, most want to hear how some project implemented would make them happier and wealthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    He's probably referring to how the dnc does stuff like have mothers of criminals killed by cops on at the dnc to pander to BLM. Even though stats show blacks r not being singled out or executed by cops and if anything blacks have been hurt the worst out of anyone economically after 8 years of a democrat in office.
    Well, RNC had a mother of a person killed in Benghazi go on stage for emotional effect to blame Hillary. Or this weird guy asking the god to support Trump. Again, it is politics, all parties do this kind of thing.

Deleted
    You spend time on the internet and u dont know what SJW is!?!?!?!

Seriously? lol