Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously this.

What is next? Roll the engine back with everything to 2004? Oh wait, to close to a Legacy server post.

Are you people happy with your smartphone or do you also prefer to having only a phone in your home that is plugged in the wall. Why does change scare so many people? Especially since updated graphics are often also a selling point in new games
    because changing something that was completley unasked and uncalled for and removing an OPTION that was there a few weeks ago is no longer there, i can no longer play the character that i designed, played and ran around with for almost 11 years, im not playing the character i created anymore, im playing a character that looks similar, runs completley differently, casts different, stands differenty, attacks differently, to force that change upon me is unacceptable

I'm all for the game moving forward and evolving but for blizzard to outright remove my original character from the game with no way to restore how it looked and played before is fucking disgraceful.

I don't want to play with some random artists "vision" of how my character should look and move, i want it to remain how it was designed and intended to look my character looks moves and sounds completley different to what i made it, i, and many other players are extremley unhappy about it and blizzards blatant disregard for the veteran players of the game and want to abolish every ounce of the word vanilla from wow, im actually starting to despise what this company has become. ive said it many times and ill say it again, its like they do not care about the players that have been here since the start think and only cater to the players who joined the game from MoP onwards. if anything they should be listening to the veterans and vanilla players, because without us, wow would not be running onto a 6th expansion, i can guarentee it.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-07-27 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    because changing something that was completley unasked and uncalled for and removing an OPTION that was there a few weeks ago is no longer there, i can no longer play the character that i designed, played and ran around with for almost 11 years, im not playing the character i created anymore, im playing a character that looks similar, runs completley differently, casts different, stands differenty, attacks differently, to force that change upon me is unacceptable

I'm all for the game moving forward and evolving but for blizzard to outright remove my original character from the game with no way to restore how it looked and played before is fucking disgraceful.

I don't want to play with some random artists "vision" of how my character should look and move, i want it to remain how it was designed and intended to look my character looks moves and sounds completley different to what i made it, i, and many other players are extremley unhappy about it and blizzards blatant disregard for the veteran players of the game and want to abolish every ounce of the word vanilla from wow, im actually starting to despise what this company has become. ive said it many times and ill say it again, its like they do not care about the players that have been here since the start think and only cater to the players who joined the game from MoP onwards. if anything they should be listening to the veterans and vanilla players, because without us, wow would not be running onto a 6th expansion, i can guarentee it.
    You really are not as special as you legacy/vanilla bunch make out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So I have not played in awhile, but did they remove the option to use the old character models at some point? Because that option sure as hell was there last time I played.
    Sadly this isnt the case. Even the "old" ones are almost 1:1 the new ones with a bit less details and some really weird looking faces because Blizz put in the new Skeleton even in the old Models. That means: Casting, Running and so on is 1:1 now. Which is the main reason why some people (myself included) prefered the old models).
    Not to mention Belfs and Nelfs don't even have this option because the new models are forced on, even if you'd like to play with the old ones.

... i, and many other players are extremley unhappy about it and blizzards blatant disregard for the veteran players of the game and want to abolish every ounce of the word vanilla from wow... should be listening to the veterans and vanilla players, because without us, wow would not be running onto a 6th expansion, i can guarentee it.
    I, and many other players from vanillla are very happy with the new animations and sound effects. And you're saying to veteran players? There are split groups, some who wants to move forward and those who wants to stay in the "good old days".

Do one of these veteran groups have a bigger say in this than the other?

Stop thinking "your group" is the only ones that matters

On the matter of the subject: I could see a minor problem with old animations with (for example) how Brewmaster Monks currently wields their staff in Legion. I guess if they were to wield the staff pre-Legion they would have to change the actual staff animations as well
    Last edited by TheWhiteFang; 2016-07-27 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Seriously? So evolving in your pretty silly opinion is instead of Peter Parker (who I started with) I should now play Miles Morales? No THANK YOU!
    Implying that Peter Parker does not develop over time in terms of character and just stays the same forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Very strange indeed, people dont like same things??

I remember 30-page thread on swtor forum. It was about blue color of lightsaber- some wanted 1 grade darker blue, others wanted 1 grade lighter blue. To me, those are grades are same thing, but some are sensitive to such minor dfferences. Crazy, ha?
    Quite different thingy, tbh.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-27 at 09:22 AM.

I liked the old animations better as well. But that's just because I've been playing for so long that I need to get used to the new ones. I'm sure I'll like the new ones rather soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    I don't want a 100 GB game folder for an "option" to please an extreme minority who don't like the game anymore.
    WoD with option had 30GB folder.
    Legion without option has 52GB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I was also used to a World without Terrorism, but hey the World changes so deal with it.
    not sure if you are retarded or just fucking stupid

Even if I don't think an option can change the World (of warcraft), I know that with the new trasmog system change and new item graphic change this option can "break" the game (of warcraft: P).
    I suggest, instead of asking for an option that could be simulated putting the game too low quality to ask the device to change the current model with animation do you like from the old ones, or to change the character model with some appearance do you like from old model in a new revisited model.
    You can ask to change a game so could be better for everyone not just for you. I prefer to have more customization to the current new model, instead of two different parallel customization.

New models =/= new skeletons and animations

They can't use the old model anymore because they get rid of the old skeleton. If they had to put back in, it will take way more space. That's it

go play on kronos 2 then, it has the vanilla feels intact. Gets boring really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

the devs did such a good job in WoD of making sure people had options if they didn't like the new models, or wanted to change their character's features etc. Taking away a great deal of this flexibility in Legion really sucks, and I can't imagine it's the most time-consuming effort in the world to swap out the fancy new attack animations for the old default weapon swings, and running animations since that was the stated reason for updating the old models with the new skeletons.

It may not be a big deal to players who have only been playing a couple of years because they dont notice it, and quite a few ppl actually like the new models, but there is quite a few of us who much prefer the feeling of playing a character as we made him, many years ago, we never asked blizzard to change it. there is literally no way to return our characters to how they where before patch 7.0

And dont even say they removed the old animations from the game, the noggenfogger still uses the original vanilla attack and movement animations of an undead so i am forced to use it until they add it.

I cannot stand to play the game when my character runs about like a cartoon character going on a merry stroll, every singe race has this issue and they have ruined most of the casting animations, its fine updating the models but completley changing the way my character looks, moves, casts, and acts without any way to return it to its orignal form is unaccaptable.

it cant be that much work. Please Blizzard, add the feature to retain the old animations. A lot of people are upset by this change. A change which I believe to be completely unnecessary.

there is multiple threads on the offical wow forums about it but no response from blizzard, as usual.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...1973561?page=1

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612881288

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747265250

You do realize that the reason they gave us new animations is for our new relic weapons right? And I have no problem with any of my toons the way the run

- - - Updated - - -

You cannot seriously think that 22GB is just the animations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post

You cannot seriously think that 22GB is just the animations.
    Poster I was replying to thought that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    not sure if you are retarded or just fucking stupid
    Teenage force is strong with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    So OP pretty much demands the game be forever bogged down by backward compatibility with models, animations and rigs from the year 2003. Maybe...nope?
    OP pretty much demands that MUCH BETTER animations stay in game, regardless if they are from year 2003, 1403 or dinosaur age.

Poster I was replying to thought that.

OP pretty much demands that MUCH BETTER animations stay in game, regardless if they are from year 2003, 1403 or dinosaur age.
    Please tell us more. How are they better ?

Deleted
    Please. Whether they're better or not is for everyone to decide, as it is 100% subjective. Incidentally, there are some people who get used to things and hate change by nature - since that is simply a part of their character - and thus will *always* protest whenever you change anything in the game at all. Even if Vanilla models were like Minecraft box people with shit green-brown textures and this got replaced with normal models, you can bet your ass there'd be people actually honestly crying for the old "better!" models to come back. AND MEANING IT. It's just the way it is.

That said, making every item, every new ability, every mount, every custom animation in two versions, one for the normal people and one for the 0.1% of players who are absolutely adamant that they MUST play their 2003 box people is just a completely ridiculous thing to expect. Almost twice the work, for almost no gain.

I am truly in love with all the new sounds, effects, and animations. I think they did a fabulous job, and hope they don't go back to the old ones at all! I've tested the hunter, warrior, priest, rogue, druid and shaman and have loved the changes to all of them!
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Adelycia View Post
    I am truly in love with all the new sounds, effects, and animations. I think they did a fabulous job, and hope they don't go back to the old ones at all!
    I agree. They are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Sorry but I do not want to play a game forever stuck in the past evolve or get left behind.
    lmfao how would you be living the past when new models are the default ones and old models are there as an option?

then again, i don't even know why you're posting on this thread when it doesn't concern you

Edit: but yeah, personally I'd never quit a game just because I disliked some new models/animations but it's completely fine that people genuinely prefer the old models and their animations, so they have every right to show how they feel about them without people who don't get affected trying to tell them otherwise.
    Last edited by Claritycraft; 2016-07-27 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok so quit... if you want a forever evolving and growing game, to not forever grow and evolve... maybe its not for you?

play something like morrowind for all of eternity... the game is constantly changing and growing, stuff needs to change or else it becomes outdated and horrid looking...
    I don't agree with this aggressive answer. "Ok so quit." OP is entitled to his opinion and it's not like the individual cried out "OMG NEW MODELS AND ANIMATIONS ARE HORRIBLE CHANGE THEM BACK!"... OP asked for an option to change it back, which I don't see how there is anything wrong with the inquiry. I like the new animations a ton and I've been playing since Vanilla days and while I agree with you that an MMO is forever changing and evolving there are still many successful MMO's that haven't TOUCHED the graphics but have changed the mechanics so much in their game to keep it evolving.

Side note - I'm super excited about Legion as I feel the game has been polished quite nicely in the pre patch. Can't wait for the invasion!