any beta pvp testers can give us an insight on how the pvp pace (bursty/slow) feels like in pvp instances ? completely turned off but the current pvp pace on live.

Deleted
    I would like to know , if there is anyone on the beta with all of the important traits , that can tell me how does arms feel ,and if its worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    I would like to know , if there is anyone on the beta with all of the important traits , that can tell me how does arms feel ,and if its worth playing.
    It feels "ok". I've spent pretty extensive time with it, and the RNG is still real. And it will fuck you often enough to be super frustrating. Execute phase also is not any fun to play at all.

Those moments when Tactician procs at a good frequency the spec can be both strong and fun, but it's frustrating more often than not. At least to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    It feels "ok". I've spent pretty extensive time with it, and the RNG is still real. And it will fuck you often enough to be super frustrating. Execute phase also is not any fun to play at all.

Those moments when Tactician procs at a good frequency the spec can be both strong and fun, but it's frustrating more often than not. At least to me.
    Right , I'm not sure now , if it will be worth playing and bringing into mythic raiding now.

well considering there are other specs doing the same or better damage without being based entirely on RNG ( Unholy DK , DH, Demo lock etc) If you wanna be competative, as things are now, this is not seems to be the spec. this is coming from someone who played Arms exclusively in beta from the start.

Considering how extremely you have to abuse "heroic charging" to keep this spec rolling I forsee them breaking it again. Playing an Overpower or Sweeping Strikes with the Focused Rage build. Which is actually kind of fun, but holy shit you have to charge on cooldown basically. And that's with Deadly Calm and Anger Management.

Of course I'd much rather the rage management of the spec actually kind of work, but alas. That ship seems to have sailed long ago.

Considering how extremely you have to abuse "heroic charging" to keep this spec rolling I forsee them breaking it again. Playing an Overpower or Sweeping Strikes with the Focused Rage build. Which is actually kind of fun, but holy shit you have to charge on cooldown basically. And that's with Deadly Calm and Anger Management.

Of course I'd much rather the rage management of the spec actually kind of work, but alas. That ship seems to have sailed long ago.
    Maybe this time they'll be smart enough to realize that it's a problem with the spec, not a problem with Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Maybe this time they'll be smart enough to realize that it's a problem with the spec, not a problem with Charge.
    Fat chance. They seem to revel in the inability to fix warriors. IE, Execute phase and Furious Slash. Arms rage regens at a constant 25 rage per swing on live, 33 on crits. Are we gonna have to roll striaght haste to be effective for every warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I play Arms on the pvp realm the more I'm starting to believe that Defensive Stance is absolute garbage and not worth it over something like Bounding Strides. I think most Warriors are stuck in the WoD mindset where if you aren't in Defensive Stance you're going to die in 5 seconds.

I've been running Echo Slam/Shadow of the Colossus/Bounding Strides and Double Time and the mobility + damage is good for solo play. Defensive Stance just sucks because it gimps your damage for at least 10 seconds and it really doesn't feel like you need it anymore especially if you have a 30 second leap where you can just use it to run away from a bad situation.

I haven't tried playing with Intervene yet but I'd imagine being able to charge your team mates can really help with escape situations. Most other classes just feel gimped where they really can't chase you anymore where once you leap your basically safe as is.

The thing I hate about Defensive Stance is that its weak without Enraged Regeneration. You basically sit there and just soak more damage but without a healer you're going to die anyway.

Deleted
    Are we talking about the same guys that left Siegebreaker as a final-row talent for an entire xpack?

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    Are we talking about the same guys that left Siegebreaker as a final-row talent for an entire xpack?
    They have a fucking shitty track record lately, can't argue that.

I wouldn't go that far, nor would I say that they're even the same issues. Seigebreaker may be boring, even a duplicate of Storm Bolt, but there's nothing inherently broken about it. "Fixing" a spec by removing the workaround which made it playable, and highlighted just how broken it was, is an entirely separate issue.

Deleted
    Broken? Nothing of the sort.

Just outlines the dedication or how can we put it mildly ... quality of thinking.

Archi you've been extremely optimistic for the past several years.

Optimistic doesn't mean stupid.
    Pessimistic doesn't mean realistic.
    If they get Arms wrong, people won't play it, if they get it right, they get a flock of people who chase the FotM.
    They have to find a happy medium which most of the time, is impossible due to the fickle playerbase.
    Last edited by Timberwind; 2016-07-27 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    Broken? Nothing of the sort.

Just outlines the dedication or how can we put it mildly ... quality of thinking.

Archi you've been extremely optimistic for the past several years.
    I'm not an optimist or a pessimist, I'm a realist. I take things how they are, and I was simply pointing out that the comparison didn't really fit into the subject.

That said, I do think design gets continually better. There will always be bumps in the road, but it's hard to argue that improvements aren't made along the way. I, and many other players, may dislike WoD Fury when compared to 5.4, but taking the expansion as a whole, and adjusting for different levels of gear, it was a much smoother experience overall.

That said, I do think design gets continually better. There will always be bumps in the road, but it's hard to argue that improvements aren't made along the way. I, and many other players, may dislike WoD Fury when compared to 5.4, but taking the expansion as a whole, and adjusting for different levels of gear, it was a much smoother experience overall.
    Ahh Fury 5.4... I really miss this, they could have had it again if they made Rampage the fury dump it was during the Alpha 50-85 rage dealing more at higher rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwind View Post
    Ahh Fury 5.4... I really miss this, they could have had it again if they made Rampage the fury dump it was during the Alpha 50-85 rage dealing more at higher rage.
    As far as pressing buttons early alpha also gave you the ability to more or less recreate 5.4 fury. Except dragon roar was unavoidable and not limited to one target. And it was pretty damn fun to play. Which of course feedback from multiple people said, but we can't have that.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-07-27 at 09:18 PM.

As far as pressing buttons early alpha also gave you the ability to more or less recreate 5.4 fury. Except dragon roar was unavoidable and not limited to one target. And it was pretty damn fun to play. Which of course feedback from multiple people said, but we can't have that.
    Willing to bet they implement it later as a set bonus to make the class strong towards the mid-end of the expansion, as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwind View Post
    Willing to bet they implement it later as a set bonus to make the class strong towards the mid-end of the expansion, as per usual.
    Well...that would involve quite a lot. As they would need to bring back Heroic Strike and restructure the entire rage generation/expenditure model that is currently in game.

I don't think they really wanted to recreate that playstyle, and it had obvious drawbacks in that it cut out Rampage (the shiny new ability). That said, if they really wanted to make it work, I think the best approach would have been to make Heroic Strike replace Rampage, with all associated procs, abilities, and benefits, but it would have taken a lot of work.