Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Obama admits Trump could be the next President.

Source

Just six months after telling Matt Lauer he couldn't imagine Donald Trump giving a State of the Union address — except in a "Saturday Night Live" skit — President Barack Obama now says "anything is possible" in November.

"It is the nature of democracy that until those votes are cast and the American people have their say, we don't know," Obama explained in an exclusive interview with TODAY's Savannah Guthrie.

During that previous interview — conducted on the eve of his final State of the Union address — President Obama firmly rejected the message of Donald Trump's campaign and said he expected as much from Americans.

"I'm pretty confident that the overwhelming majority of Americans are looking for the kind of politics that does feed our hopes and not our fears," Obama said at the time. "You know, talk to me if he wins."

Asked by Savannah whether he's now "worried" about Trump's candidacy, Obama replied, "I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff happen."

Cont....

I think between Hillary not being likeable and the corruptions exposed in the DNC emails, I think Trump has a fighting chance and the polls reflect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah he could, of course. He won't but he could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Person running for President could be President, who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    He got his bump after the RNC, Clinton wil get hers as well. I think the telling things will be after the first debate. When Trump has to actually have answers for questions and he is outside the bubble of his base. He has to be able to win another demographic then old white men to be elected.
    She may get a bump but I really highly doubt it, but then again the American public forgets quickly. Best thing Trump could do to ride the DNC screw ups is to keep his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think between Hillary not being likeable and the corruptions exposed in the DNC emails, I think Trump has a fighting chance and the polls reflect that.
    i am voting for Trump because he says whats on his mind and is not PC. anyone who has read his book will know the reason some of his plans sound crazy is so when they get to deal making he can bring them down to what he wanted in the first place.

is he a asshole? yes.... so what everyone is anyways?

also just for the fact he is a Wild Card and not establishment, republicans and democrats are all the same, they are just pretending to be Red VS Blue to keep us busy fighting each other over social issues when they are all Purple stashing money/power in their own pockets.....except for the few who can't do anything alone....
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-07-27 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Person running for President could be President, who knew?
    According to most of Trump haters on these forums they didn't think he had a chance in hell.

*shrugs*
    I remember when last year everyone said Trump never had a chance and no one took him seriously. I posted that this "indifference" to Trump was dangerous to the GOP then...

And now he's the candidate.

And people still aren't taking him seriously despite the fact the Clinton can't seem to do any better than 50/50.

Trumpy..I am taking the day off work in Aussie to watch the USA Election.

Should be cool..I hope MMO-C has a special Blog on Election day
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    I remember when last year everyone said Trump never had a chance and no one took him seriously. I posted that this "indifference" to Trump was dangerous to the GOP then...

And now he's the candidate.

And people still aren't taking him seriously despite the fact the Clinton can't seem to do any better than 50/50.
    i think trump is going to slaughter Hillary in a debate..... Trump is not afraid of going on TV regardless who is reporting on him.... or even a news con.....somehting Hillary has only done once this entire year and it was mostly a controlled narative.....

i honestly think Hillary is going to say something like "because Trump is a racist/sexist bigot" i am not going to debate him, and then the media will protect her as doing something great instead of being afraid of debating anything that isn't controlled by her minions.....

7+ Year Old Account
    According to most of Trump haters on these forums they didn't think he had a chance in hell.
    These forums will be the biggest treat if he wins.

If Trump becomes president, Blame all the news media and late night pundits that constantly talk about him.

Yeah they are making fun of him, but that isn't exactly having the effect they hope for. Yet they keep on. Every time at work when I am forced to watch tv like a pleb', I see Jimmy Falon and the news media literally starting their show off with keeping up with Trump. And these same folks are the ones who thought he was a joke way back when and are trying their damndest to undue all the fame they gave him.

All it does is make me seriously consider voting for him as a big fuck you.

you wouldnt think a business destroying, narcissistic, war crime advocate like trump could be president. But then again America is ad peak butthurt, as white guys rail against being fucked over by the system they voted into power because they were afraid of poor people or brown people getting their fun stuff. And now in a last ditch hissy fit, they want to vote in the avatar of "I'm not getting what I want so burn down the system"

Trump is the legacy of a bunch of whiny losers who dont want to admit that their party, the party of small government and fiscal conservatism, is so backwards and twisted even the politicians of the era that the "make america great again" nitwits salivate over couldnt get the fiscal policies of the day passed.

Anti establishment my arse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    These forums will be the biggest treat if he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    His success is nothing more than a testament to the incompetence of American voters.
    And the incompetence of peopel like you who unwittingly help his cause on a daily basis.

You- "This shows how stupid American voters are".

American voters - "Well fuck that guy. I'm voting Trump".

GG.

15+ Year Old Account
    After DNC convention and those speeches? Yeah, I don't think so.

Given that after that convention pretty much every minority member/immigrant will vote this November for Dems... Trump is definitely gonna lose.

Basically the whole premise behind "make America great again" is shitting on USA founders' ideals.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She may get a bump but I really highly doubt it, but then again the American public forgets quickly. Best thing Trump could do to ride the DNC screw ups is to keep his mouth shut.
    Not sure I agree with that. He needs to stay on the offensive right up until the election. Keep it fresh on the public's mind how awful Hillary would be as the President. Because she will why he would be. This is where Romney failed to some degree. It was like he put it on cruise and was back someplace in the plane looking at the scenery. The last debate was almost like he wanted Obama to win.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    These forums will be the biggest treat if he loses.
    The opposite will also be true. lol!

The only two people these candidates could beat in a general election are each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It's going to be a fun time for four years, either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Shame it only got exposed after the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

If you think I go around telling people they're stupid, think again. However, here on MMO-C the lines are mostly already drawn and they're mostly exactly where you'd expect them to be.
    I don't know what you do. I just saw you calling a swath of people of a nation stupid because you disagree with them politically while being oblivious to the fact that

1: Anyone voting for Trump won't change their minds from reading that.
    2: Anyone still deciding would probably get a case of the ass if anything and vote Trump because of you.

So GG. You are helping Trump.