Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it still worth to pay the 5000 gold for the lvl 3 garrison?

Hey guys,

got a question regarding the garrison.
    So, i hit 100 with my boomkin yesterday which is probably gonna be my main in legion and i wanted to upgrade my garrison to lvl 3, so i can catch up on some taanan stuff on this character and just being busy till legion hits

question is tho: is it even worth it to upgrade it to 3? i thought blizzard is gonna lower the prices on the garrison, because 5000 gold without even gold garrison missions is a bit expensive.
    My boomkin is on a server where i have no other characters, so i dont really have that much gold.

Deleted
    No it isn't, there is no way you are making that back before legion now that nothing basically rewards gold and the PvP season has ended so no more honor/conq tokens either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pleasure you get by progressing and keeping getting things on your main character is good, upgrading your garrison is one of those things (character bound), so yes why not
    If it's too expensive for you you can come back later and use the 5k for something more useful

only reason to at this point would be for the shipyard (and the soon to be pointless raid loot box) and to unlock volmar as a daily hub in tanaan

Deleted
    If you do not need some WoD Mats later down the line (which could come in handy in some cases) - no. It really isn't.

But you wont get your Gold back and other than looking (subjective) cooler there is not that much to be had.

Deleted
    well from gold point of view, no, it's not, but from achievements points of view, yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, lvl 3 Garrison can give you a lvl 25 rare pet. (Stone). they go sometimes for more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doing it once, just because, maybe. Doing it on an alt army, umm, iffy at best. But people who have 5 or 10 or ??? L3 garrisons are probably kind of tired of them now and maybe sort of negative on the idea. (I have 11 and I am negative on the idea of #12.)

The Mage Tower is pretty handy and the L3 storehouse doesn't suck.

I would say no, if you planning on making this your new home server, or a strong #2 server, maybe. 5K isn't that much, if you started doing old raids for gold, but you wouldn't be making that back with your garrison, unless you were a tailor. And then, it'd be a long time before you did make it back.

I have a 94 that's bumming around and an 81 that'll be a hundy before expansion, and I don't think i'll let either of them pump to lvl 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
    Hey guys,

So, i hit 100 with my boomkin yesterday which is probably gonna be my main in legion and i wanted to upgrade my garrison to lvl 3, so i can catch up on some taanan stuff on this character and just being busy till legion hits

question is tho: is it even worth it to upgrade it to 3? i thought blizzard is gonna lower the prices on the garrison, because 5000 gold without even gold garrison missions is a bit expensive.
    My boomkin is on a server where i have no other characters, so i dont really have that much gold.
    It no longer costs gold to upgrade, just 2000 garrison resources. That's all it's asking my newly leveled shammy for, at least.
    Last edited by MRHD; 2016-07-27 at 12:10 PM.

You can make that gold back easy if you get a level 1 trading post and Level 2 Inn. Build followers with extreme scavenging to gather fur. It will sell all through Legion for bags. If you are a tailor, so much the better... sell bags for 1000g+ all day long. I have 21 100's, 14 are tailors and I still make about 25,000g a week from selling bags. Probably more when DH's are released.

Unless you want to make garrison evel 3 to get access to tanaan for the baleful gear. Not really any point

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it unlocks the Tanaan hub.

So if you ever want to complete Tanaan on said toon then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
    Hey guys,

Take one week and clear all the cata raids. That's 5000g right there, for about an hour and change worth of work. And honestly, if you do all the quests and bonus areas in WoD(which doesn't THAT long), you'll have a LOT more than 5k gold to work with.

Now....is it worth it? Meh...not really, although you have to do it in order to unlock the quest hub in Tanaan, which could potentially be worth doing if you want to farm. But otherwise I'd say once Legion goes live, it's not worth the time or the effort.

Nope

I have three toons to get to 100 (two are 97) ignoring garrison almost completely.

I'd say it is. 5k isn't much in the grand scheme of things. In return you get access to some extra utility. Better buildings, portal to Ashran, pet menagerie etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, lvl 3 Garrison can give you a lvl 25 rare pet. (Stone). they go sometimes for more.
    5k or more for leveling a pet? What server? You could do the same with 72 pet charms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not anymore. It's not much, but you can spend it on so much better things.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by MRHD View Post
    It no longer costs gold to upgrade, just 2000 garrison resources. That's all it's asking my newly leveled shammy for, at least.
    Everyone is jumping over what is arguably the most important post in this thread. It costs garrison resources, not gold, to upgrade your garrison now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    5k or more for leveling a pet? What server? You could do the same with 72 pet charms.
    Many times easier to upgrade an non-upgraded Garrison, than getting the already nerfed charms.

Yes, 5k for leveling a pet to lvl 25, you can get a pet stone from the Garrison. That pet, can in many cases be sold for much more than 5.000 gold. At least on many EU servers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..