Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Anyone know the addon for the diablo like UI ?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-III-themed-UI

Maybe someone more adept at WAs can help me out here:
    For the past hour I've been trying to make a gc/d tracker for VB (I already created one for SW and MB), but VB has some very strange interactions when it comes to cooldowns. As a spell it does not count as a cooldown, and it is completely dependent on Void Eruption. However, Void Eruption, as it is coded, is on cooldown during intuitive times and during every global. I made a tracker for VB itself and it only works since I had <Information from First Active Tracker> enabled. I guess VB takes precedence over VEr. I'm not sure I can do this using a global cooldown frame since I need the gc/d to be the trigger my icon acts on. I created a custom function that logically worked the same as my VB tracker, but it never triggers since VEr is technically always on cooldown during every global. I'm comfortable with creating custom functions, I've just hit a wall and maybe someone out here can help.

Edit:
    Apparently all spells are coded like that, but it doesn't explain why Mind Blast cooldown progress works but Void Bolt progress doesn't.
    I found a different spell ID for VB and got the same results that I did with VEr

Edit 2:

Figured it out, apparently all you need to track is VEr. But my VB tracker required both previously, probably because I was using the wrong spell ID.
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-07-27 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    If you just set the difficulty to the appropriate level for your group then things will last long enough for at least a round of DoTs. If you're farming lower difficulty then you're outside of the scope of what's reasonable to expect.

https://youtu.be/k6q95YhZ6Us For example.
    Except you also need to apply those DoTs, so while a pack might last long enough for your DoT duration to tick over, chances are that you won't get AoE packs where you can DoT everything up AND have ALL the DoTs actually tick the full duration. If you do find that, it's either not actual AoE, or you're likely to fail the dungeon anyway because it's too high difficulty.

Either way, I reckon that other classes' cleave and AoE will still blow up DoTing a whole pack in terms of DPS.

Some Math to the insanity:
    Our rotation of VB MB MF VB MF MF is benefitial until we reach around 134% haste or 0.64 second mathematical gcd (~80 stacks at 30% base haste)
    from that point, we generate more insanity by using VB MB VB MF, even tho it is a little waste of GCD:
    At 100 stacks and 30% base haste: 4*1.5 sec = 3 seconds GCD but 2*4.5/2.6=3.46 [2 VB cooldowns]) second rotation length.
    DPS increase depends on mastery but occurs from at least 90 stacks onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Except you also need to apply those DoTs, so while a pack might last long enough for your DoT duration to tick over, chances are that you won't get AoE packs where you can DoT everything up AND have ALL the DoTs actually tick the full duration. If you do find that, it's either not actual AoE, or you're likely to fail the dungeon anyway because it's too high difficulty.

Either way, I reckon that other classes' cleave and AoE will still blow up DoTing a whole pack in terms of DPS.
    There are incredibly few raw AE pulls in the Mythic+ dungeons. Any pull I've seen with more than 4 mobs has priority targets anyway.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a lot of people talk about how much they dislike Surrender to Madness and it makes me sad. Last night I finally got the courage to play with it. (trialing for a new guild didn't want to embarrass myself last week)

I just want to say it was one of the most fun and enaging/challenging talent choices spriest has had in a while IMO. The constant ramping up of haste and insanity drain forces you to keep up with the fast pace of it. Killing the boss and then dying afterward (while sitting on top of the meters) is OH so satisfying.

Hey guys, First time posting on MMOC, this is regarding a (possible) bug with surrender to madness. in this log /reports/grXyGVZ6Ckjn9J3v#fight=48&type=resources&spell=113&source=8 i die to surrender to madness when i am at 66 insanity. i don't exactly know what caused this, i was only 76 seconds into it. does anyone know why this occurs? or how to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerboy View Post
    i die to surrender to madness when i am at 66 insanity. i don't exactly know what caused this, i was only 76 seconds into it. does anyone know why this occurs? or how to stop it?
    Did you experience any lag at the time you died? Maybe an input where a spell just didn't go off even though you pressed it?

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    I've seen a lot of people talk about how much they dislike Surrender to Madness and it makes me sad. Last night I finally got the courage to play with it. (trialing for a new guild didn't want to embarrass myself last week)

I just want to say it was one of the most fun and enaging/challenging talent choices spriest has had in a while IMO. The constant ramping up of haste and insanity drain forces you to keep up with the fast pace of it. Killing the boss and then dying afterward (while sitting on top of the meters) is OH so satisfying.
    This talent is so broken our 2 others talents are so useless in comparison. We will get nerfed because of this talent. THat's why most people hate it, that and the fact that after a while, some people (not me personally) experience physical pain due to the high amount of spamming required.

Edit : by nerf I mean, if we end up being nerfed, I'm 100% sure it will be because of the damage StM provide.

Homophobia is so gay.

This talent is so broken our 2 others talents are so useless in comparison. We will get nerfed because of this talent. THat's why most people hate it, that and the fact that after a while, some people (not me personally) experience physical pain due to the high amount of spamming required.
    I'm starting to get use to the constant spamming tbh, one problem I really have with it is the latency of the game. If you get the smallest hiccup in lag at 90+ stacks then you basically insta die as you missed an Insanity gain. That alone makes the talent even more of a risk.

Some Questions about Mass Hysteria (MH)

Just have a few questions regarding this talent for those that are knowledgeable.

1. Does the increased damage for SW:P and VT apply to all casts of that during Void Form (i.e. if an add arrives 20 seconds into VF and I start dotting it up, will the SW:P/VT on it have 40%+ increased damage? or will it start at no bonus damage?)
    2. When Void Form ends, does the SW:P and VT you've already applied to targets immediately lose whatever % buff you got from MH?
    3. Dispersion is worth casting to extend VF if you have MH right? Should it be done near the start or near the end?
    4. For "on use" trinkets that give a self-buff (ex. Horn of Valor) should they be used at the start of VF or as much as possible make the buff end at the same time as VF (i.e. Horn of Winter will significantly buff the MH-buffed SW:P/VT that it's worth not casting it immediately upon entering VF)?
    5. Does MH have a hidden cap to the increase in % damage or can it go as high as Surrender to Madness will last?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Edit : by nerf I mean, if we end up being nerfed, I'm 100% sure it will be because of the damage StM provide.
    They're shooting themselves in the foot. They keep buffing dots...arguably the strongest dmg we have in StM

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    They're shooting themselves in the foot. They keep buffing dots...arguably the strongest dmg we have in StM
    It get's that strong due to Mass Hysteria. Without it, yeah our dots still do a bunch of damage, but it's not as big of a margin until we get that trait.

On a side note to StM, do you guys feel comfortable swapping targets with it popped? I did it on manno yesterday and even with mouseover macros it was quite stressful as I felt like 1 screw up or wrong facing requirement and I would just be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It get's that strong due to Mass Hysteria. Without it, yeah our dots still do a bunch of damage, but it's not as big of a margin until we get that trait.

On a side note to StM, do you guys feel comfortable swapping targets with it popped? I did it on manno yesterday and even with mouseover macros it was quite stressful as I felt like 1 screw up or wrong facing requirement and I would just be dead.

The offdotting is so aweful with VF in my opinion. And moreso with this aberration that is Void Eruption.

Homophobia is so gay.

The offdotting is so aweful with VF in my opinion. And moreso with this aberration that is Void Eruption.
    I just hope I get that legendary that spreads dots with Mindsear. I'd feel comfortable doing that then just alternating VB's on different targets via Mouseover.

I just hope I get that legendary that spreads dots with Mindsear. I'd feel comfortable doing that then just alternating VB's on different targets via Mouseover.
    When I tested it, a long time ago, the spread range was ridiculously small. I hope they made it bigger

Homophobia is so gay.

Outside of a raid environment you'll take LotV. For raids most likely StM, even if you don't use it.
    I don't understand. Why would taking StM and not using it be better than LotV?

Quote Originally Posted by cthylla View Post
    I don't understand. Why would taking StM and not using it be better than LotV?
    It's not, it's a marginal dps loss because LoTV gives you such a minor dps gain that it's pretty much negligible.

When I tested it, a long time ago, the spread range was ridiculously small. I hope they made it bigger
    Wowhead states that it's 10 yards iirc. That's pretty big imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    Just have a few questions regarding this talent for those that are knowledgeable.

1. Does the increased damage for SW:P and VT apply to all casts of that during Void Form (i.e. if an add arrives 20 seconds into VF and I start dotting it up, will the SW:P/VT on it have 40%+ increased damage? or will it start at no bonus damage?)
    2. When Void Form ends, does the SW:P and VT you've already applied to targets immediately lose whatever % buff you got from MH?
    3. Dispersion is worth casting to extend VF if you have MH right? Should it be done near the start or near the end?
    4. For "on use" trinkets that give a self-buff (ex. Horn of Valor) should they be used at the start of VF or as much as possible make the buff end at the same time as VF (i.e. Horn of Winter will significantly buff the MH-buffed SW:P/VT that it's worth not casting it immediately upon entering VF)?
    5. Does MH have a hidden cap to the increase in % damage or can it go as high as Surrender to Madness will last?

1. The tick damage of all of your DoT will be the same. As long as you are in Voidform you deal 20% more damage.
    2. Yep it is totally dynamic with your VF, you can't snapshot.
    3. Usually the dispersion at the start of the VF loses you the lowest amount of casts because you have low haste. But in sims i actually only found damage increases when cast at like 85% of your max VF stacks. This changes when going StM because you will want to squeeze in 2 times dispersion, or even more with the relics to skip the maximum count of drain stacks.
    From my experience in boss fights: i goofed around a little and found my dps stay steady at ~35 stacks and above, so it may be worth using instead of dropping out of VF, as long as you manage to get that high VF stacks.
    4. With MH you will usually want to use it that way that you gain most dps out of the trinket, but you always have to have a look at whether the trinket use will be needed for burst or if you can gain another trinket use over the fight. If you know you will only reach around 30 stacks of VF you can just pop the 30 second trinket as soon as you enter VF. Or with given criteria above you may want to use it immediately (e.g. with the pot)
    5. MH just uses your VF stacks. So as soon at that is capped at 100% increased haste your mass hysteria will also be capped at 3x damage.
    Last edited by N1gh7h4wk; 2016-07-27 at 04:29 PM.