Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only reason they changed the camera so close is to force everyone to look at their new animations. I don't buy any other reason. They are making everyone acknowledge they worked hard on it. It makes business sense in that it makes those who worked on them show their jobs are worth keeping. Now though, it's just a jumbled mess of graphics and blurs anyway when hitting a boss's legs.

Same with removing flying. "LOOK WHAT WE MADE! LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK! IT'S BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Why would you need to run it on 10 different toons (beside make sure you get item that you wanted). if it drops its unlocked
    cause you need to run a toon for every armor type / class type for the tier gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    'Appearance Unlock Clarifications'

i am glad that they added these restrictions...however for soloable instances like MC, naxx, DS and the sort, it'd be nice to have these restrictions removed, so you don't have to run them on 10 different toons to make sure you get everything unlocked - there wouldn't be 'disruptive behavior' if you're the only one there :\
    You create that "need".
    It works as it did before, only better.
    What about if you get a non-class restricted item on a relevant character.
    Now you don't have to gather it on multiple.
    As for class items that functions as before, only again without the repetition once you have got it once on a relevant character.

You create the issue, nobody else.
    It worked that way and wasn't an issue prior.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Playing now is like having a bobble head camera that bobbles, wiggles and lurches about of its own accord while my character simultaneously moves and the environment around my character is moving changing too so kind a 3 way motion hitting you at once is very disconcerting and for me leads to attacks of vertigo, nausea, headaches and visual issues.
    The camera shouldn't be doing anything like what you describe. There are a few specific new bugs we're tracking: Vehicle camera tracking can break horribly (Al'Akir's phase transition is a drastic example of this bug), and flying mounts are banking excessively when turning, as well as causing a camera "pop" when landing. But we're also wondering whether many of the issues being discussed and reported aren't the result of something going wrong with interface settings...
    I don't think the blue poster understood the complaint. To me, the guy is simply talking about the amount of shit going on that we're zooming in on now. The characters move on their own so much more than they used to. I noticed it when I would zoom in or be up against a wall with my troll, but it was never an issue as I could just orient that camera not to focus on my ass. So yeah, I think I get what the poster is saying. Playing with the zoom makes me feel cross eyed.

Additionally, it seems like WoW is just a Diablo clone at this point. "Well the camera works well in Diablo so we'll just make it the same distance in WoW." I'm going to start keeping a list of all the shit that is literally copy paste from Diablo. If that's their dev strat then I'm starting to wonder wtf Diablo copied from.
    Last edited by smaktat; 2016-07-27 at 05:05 PM.

They really need to increase the fov, its horrible if you played any other game that is decent

10+ Year Old Account
    Still the explaination on the transmog stuff lacks a lot of detals. I for one found out, that you need to sell items, which you could have traded to others, in order to unlock the appearance account-wide.
    I even waited for the full 2h to expire and checked it, but it wasn't unlocked on other characters until i sold the item. And yes, equipping the item, doesn't unlock it for your whole account. So as a summary, if you want to unlock the appearance of an item account-wide, you'll have to sell it once, luckily you can instantly buy it back, as the trigger seems to be the simple action of selling or deleting an item.

My stars, that Legion Cafe thing in Germany sounds so cool! I wonder if Preach will be there--hes just a few hours away ^.^ I'm in the U.S but have fun! (and watch out for ne'er do wells) <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    My stars, that Legion Cafe thing in Germany sounds so cool! I wonder if Preach will be there--hes just a few hours away ^.^ I'm in the U.S but have fun! (and watch out for ne'er do wells) <3
    o_0 the fuq...

We don’t want everyone who’s interested in collecting appearances to feel like they need to roll a Warrior, for example
    And yet Warriors can still equip more weapon classes than anyone else (wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Class_proficiencies). If they really want classes on an even footing they would have removed guns, bows, crossbows, staves, and fist weapons from Warriors. Probably should remove daggers too.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In Draenor, mining and herbalism nodes are no longer able to be looted by multiple people at once. (This hotfix requires server restarts.)"

WHY take it out? Its a good thing to have EVERYWHERE. Seems like an Ass thing to do by taking it out.

Huh... Did MMO-C report on the reduced spawn timer of Galleon/Oondasta yet? I can't see the website properly, slow phone is slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Horpecha View Post
    Still the explaination on the transmog stuff lacks a lot of detals. I for one found out, that you need to sell items, which you could have traded to others, in order to unlock the appearance account-wide.
    I even waited for the full 2h to expire and checked it, but it wasn't unlocked on other characters until i sold the item. And yes, equipping the item, doesn't unlock it for your whole account. So as a summary, if you want to unlock the appearance of an item account-wide, you'll have to sell it once, luckily you can instantly buy it back, as the trigger seems to be the simple action of selling or deleting an item.

That honestly took 30 seconds to figure out with rational thinking.

"it obviously won't unlock until it's fully bound to me, sell item "hey this will bind it to you". Whelp that solves it, sell buy sell DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritalynn View Post
    That honestly took 30 seconds to figure out with rational thinking.

"it obviously won't unlock until it's fully bound to me, sell item "hey this will bind it to you". Whelp that solves it, sell buy sell DONE.
    Notice he said he waited the full 2 hours (which fully binds it) and it still didn't unlock. Before harping on rational thinking, maybe work on basic literacy.

Still waiting on the services sale so i can play again.

i wonder how many gropings will happen in cologne that night

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    I would speculate they actually told us half the real reason why they are pushing this change.

The first part we know about, is of course the argument that having a much larger FoV gives you an advantage in many situations. It seems most players agree with this.

The second part is money. If they simply increased the maximum FoV on the in-game slider in order to level the playing field, then they would probably be forced to also increase the minimum hardware specs for the game. Even players on the beta with 'proper' PC gaming rigs have noted the drop in performance in some areas, like in parts of the Nighthold raid.

It might be so bad that on the Mac platform only players with the uber expensive Mac Pro would be able to raid.

Of course limiting the FoV is only a stopgap measure, but it does cut down on the work for both CPU and GPU.

So TL;DR: Level the playing field for all players *and* at the same time not potentially loose customers playing on peanut 'gaming' hardware (most Macs) and old computers.
    They'll lose even more money on players with motion sickness caused by the new camera and its forced zoomed in distance than they would from systems suddenly becoming underspec. I'd be perfectly willing to give the classes another chance even though I thoroughly hate them now if I could have the old camera and zoom distance back. It should be noted that I never used the zoom CVAR, just the slider, and even that has been cut in half, so even with only ever having used just the slider for max camera distance I'm stuck in a closer zoom than I used to be. Couple that with Meniére's Disease and you have a player that's not coming back unless it's reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    The only reason you posted is because you want everyone to pay attention to you. I don't buy any other reason. You are making everyone acknowledge your post by adding CAPS to it so they know how hard you worked on it. Now though, it's just a jumbled mess of words and sentences when trying to read legitimate comments.

Same with your other posts. "LOOK WHAT i WROTE! LOOK LOOK LOOK! iT'S WORTH READING! READ IT!
    hurr durr so edgy