Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it's abhorrently unethical of him to dangle it around AFTER the nominees have been set rather than to just be "out with it" and allow time for both major parties to strategize around whatever information he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    There are more sources, here somethings to read.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/all...d-the-dnc-hack

Also Guccifer 2.0 was asked to explain his hack in romanian and he struggled to write in it.

There's also this http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...chers-say.html

So it's quite a bit more then just the hillary camp claiming this, just as fyi.
    I wasn't really trying to argue against the leaks being done by a russian. Its just that was the only link he gave and using it as "evidence" for his claim when it didn't support it at all minus the Hillary said so.

Thanks for the link though. I'll check it out, have some downtime at work.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2016-07-27 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I think it's abhorrently unethical of him to dangle it around AFTER the nominees have been set rather than to just be "out with it" and allow time for both major parties to strategize around whatever information he has.
    So you think giving political parties more time to frame the truth as something else than truth would be more ethical? Well, that is certainly a unique take on ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Wrong. One possibility is that:
    Russia wants Trump elected as president - in order to get a president in their pocket; and possible to exert influence on the Baltics.
    As part of that Russia hacks DNC mail - and reveals it to smear Hillary.
    Russia don't want to reveal the mails themselves ("Russia hacked DNC - here are the mails" would cause problems) - and no serious reporter is assumedly interested.
    Thus the mails are given to Assange - with a proven record of lack of judgement (as evidenced by his personal life), supporting Russia (see the Panama papers above), and who is always desperate for attention (see "major things are coming in the future").

Is that true? I don't know. But I see that Assange's personal life ties together with the rest of it.
    Truth is not smearing. Idk what the point you're trying to make is, but it doesn't make the DNC sound any less corrupt by stating irrelevancies. What matters here is that democracy was undermined. Not what game this plays in international politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So you think giving political parties more time to frame the truth as something else than truth would be more ethical? Well, that is certainly a unique take on ethics.
    That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying, if he has shit on hillary clinton that might get her arrested, then he should drop it and get her arrested before she becomes the democratic nominee. Otherwise he's potentially and inorganically tilting the election in favor of Trump.

I'm saying, if he has shit on hillary clinton that might get her arrested, then he should drop it and get her arrested before she becomes the democratic nominee. Otherwise he's potentially and inorganically tilting the election in favor of Trump.
    Maybe he just got the info. /shrug

I'm amazed that your issue is the timing of the truth, and not the fact that you were getting lied to before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Maybe not, but he heavily implied it wasn't them.
    Even if it was the russians it shouldn't matter. They didn't write the emails and did the stupid crap that the dnc did.

Deleted
    Assange always comes off as such a narcissistic, irresponsible, self-righteous and self-aggrandising creep. I've no idea why he is idolised by some on the left. The neither "confirm nor denying" its the Russians is symptomatic of his moral bankruptcy and hypocrisy. Surely the only justification of wanting to leak stuff is because you believe people should be told the truth? Except when it affects his own shady business, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Even if it was the russians it shouldn't matter. They didn't write the emails and did the stupid crap that the dnc did.
    Blaming it on the Russians shifts the discussion from the truth to the interests of the source. It's classic hand waving 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Assange always comes off as such a narcissistic, irresponsible, self-righteous and self-aggrandising creep. I've no idea why he is idolised by some on the left. The neither "confirm nor denying" its the Russians is symptomatic of his moral bankruptcy and hypocrisy. Surely the only justification of wanting to leak stuff is because you believe people should be told the truth? Except when it affects his own shady business, of course.
    His rape charges prove his moral bankruptcy to most people.

His rape charges prove his moral bankruptcy to most people.
    The rape charges that were redacted by the alleged victim? The rape charges he has yet to be convicted of and so he is still therefore innocent of all crimes until proven otherwise? That proves his moral bankruptcy?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The rape charges that were redacted by the alleged victim? The rape charges he has yet to be convicted of and so he is still therefore innocent of all crimes until proven otherwise? That proves his moral bankruptcy?
    The rape charges that force him to live in an embassy you mean? Really those were dropped? Why does he still live in an embassy again?

10+ Year Old Account

Hilary was the democratic nominee since before the primaries started.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Hilary was the democratic nominee since before the primaries started.
    Since 2008 actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he just got the info. /shrug

I'm amazed that your issue is the timing of the truth, and not the fact that you were getting lied to before.
    More information to come means he has the information and is releasing it in parts for a reason.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/25/12...illary-clinton

This means there's a political agenda behind the timing of its releases. Assange has sit on information before but that was to review and filter parts out it was never because he just got it, the processing of such leaked information also takes time, to assume it is all coincidence one has to be rather naive sorry to say.

More information to come means he has the information and is releasing it in parts for a reason.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/25/12...illary-clinton

This means there's a political agenda behind the timing of its releases. Assange has sit on information before but that was to review and filter parts out it was never because he just got it, the processing of such leaked information also takes time, to assume it is all coincidence one has to be rather naive sorry to say.
    So the political agenda of the rapist is more of a concern to you than the political agenda of the politician that lied to you? Again, I keep saying it, it's amazing how many are more concerned with the motives of the leaker, than they are with the facts that prove they were being lied to by the politician.

Is there any truth you could find out about Hillary that would make you think she is dishonest? Or are you just all in, like some sort of cult follower?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I'm sure if he'd release anything regarding to DJT, MMO-C will request his head his head on a stick en masse.
    Thats a pretty big assumption... wow, 11 pages since this morning..

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Good. Hillary should go to Prison not run for Office. The fact that after everything the dem. choose her and not Bernie shows how corrupt they literally are. They will push the narative and their candidate w/e it takes.
    None of your guys' candidates are good, kinda like picking between two equally smelly piles of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

So the political agenda of the rapist is more of a concern to you than the political agenda of the politician that lied to you? Again, I keep saying it, it's amazing how many are more concerned with the motives of the leaker, than they are with the facts that prove they were being lied to by the politician.

Is there any truth you could find out about Hillary that would make you think she is dishonest? Or are you just all in, like some sort of cult follower?
    All politicians lie, it is part of their job.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

This means there's a political agenda behind the timing of its releases.
    Or it could mean something else entirely. You shouldnt pretend like you know, you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    None of your guys' candidates are good, kinda like picking between two equally smelly piles of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

All politicians lie, it is part of their job.
    Well put. To say it any nicer, would almost be non-factual.

Hopefully he will release a bunch of dirt on Trump next. Then perhaps good Presidential candidates like Johnson and Stein will get more media and public attention than they have been getting.