Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Seriously the prune is painful. It was very exciting checking out the new animations and xmog system. Then I see that my spellbook only has 2 pages....

This isn't a big deal for PvE, but PvP it's going to suck. I will say I actually support getting rid of all the self healing.
    Don't mind the young people, they don't know what It's like to have 8 pages, and use the spells when you just need them... this new more casuallified system as I like to call It, just makes me think that Blizzard think that we are stupid. And can't handle more then two pages of spells, I don't want to just be tunneled down a specific thing, like damaging and damaging... on occasion, why not put a flash heal (Paladin one) on a target to help out? You had that ability to proc a flash of light in... I believe It was Cata or Wrath? I'm old now.

And that could be quite useful, I would use Hand spells, Freedom, Justice, the one that reduced damage taken by 50 % or other... those are all mostly gone. We're now just a dumbed down damage dealer with no other utilities, not that many at least. And It feels dumb and bad... flashy new animations? Sure, they're nice... but I miss each race having their own unique spell animations, these more general animations for all make each race feel less unique for me.

Also my signature sentance, If you didn't ban people left and right for ridoncilious reasons, you'd have more players here, Blizz.... and even then, those people would also see how bad this new system Is, It's gotten a spit and polish, with a few new moves and that's It... also lets not forget there are Artifact-specific abilities to be used for us soon, but that's like 2 or three spells at best, which won't mess up the rotations that much....

I feel too powerful, lets just be adventurers again, and not have the responsibilities of the world on our shoulders, how about that?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Its fun when other MMO's have like 5-10 abbilities you can only use at any time its fine...Look Wildstar etc

But when WoW changes closer to that formula is horrible
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Its fun when other MMO's have like 5-10 abbilities you can only use at any time its fine...Look Wildstar etc

But when WoW changes closer to that formula is horrible
    Yes, Wildstar was doing so well we are in desperate need of WoW emulating it. This is such a non argument. Many people here do not play other MMOs or don't want WoW or these other MMOs to be the same. There's no reason to bring them up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    but that's like 2 or three spells at best, which won't mess up the rotations that much....
    one single extra ability for every spec only

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    we really didn't need and most people only used around 3-6 spells in their rotation
    yet another post talking about raiding rotations, how relevant

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    even in pvp destro used many other curses over agony
    but you did still occasionally use agony in some situations - thanks for agreeing with me
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-07-27 at 03:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yeah I'm going to have to go with no on this one, its not like you ever chose where your attribute points went in this game its always been system regulated and now it doesnt even tell you how much more of X attribute you get when you level up, Talents were never this utopian free range meaningful system that you pretend it was. You put points into the same things as everyone else, no matter what if you were a paladin you took consecration from the holy tree, unless you were actually holy .. so meaningful.
    Exactly. If you took different talents then the cookie cutter spec it wasn't because the system had choice. It meant you were a f'n idiot who didn't research your class.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    yet another post talking about raiding rotations, how relevant
    Actually this was coming from a person who hardly raids at all. When I'm raiding chances are I'm in LFR. Looking back I might've used those other spells from time to time but but it wasn't like I was reliant on them. I wasn't really using them all that much. I mean really, did we really need them? Are we constantly dying from quest mobs? Are we able to keep ourselves alive? We're fine. Trust me I was thinking the same thing as you about losing all those spells especially with my mage but you know what? I got over it because it really isn't that bad once you get the hang of things. Yeah classes are more simplified than before but they're still fun to play at least for me. People are just so used to seeing all these buttons on their action bars and to see most of them gone they feel like everything has been taken away from them.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Actually this was coming from a person who hardly raids at all. When I'm raiding chances are I'm in LFR. Looking back I might've used those other spells from time to time but but it wasn't like I was reliant on them. I wasn't really using them all that much. I mean really, did we really need them? Are we constantly dying from quest mobs? Are we able to keep ourselves alive? We're fine. Trust me I was thinking the same thing as you about losing all those spells especially with my mage but you know what? I got over it because it really isn't that bad once you get the hang of things. Yeah classes are more simplified than before but they're still fun to play at least for me. People are just so used to seeing all these buttons on their action bars and to see most of them gone they feel like everything has been taken away from them.
    my mistake then, someone talking about lfr and killing quest mobs - again, how relevant when you can literally do both of those things by pressing one single button over and over again if you choose

10+ Year Old Account
    my mistake then, someone talking about lfr and killing quest mobs - again, how relevant when you can literally do both of those things by pressing one single button over and over again if you choose
    Hey well, if it bothers you this much maybe stop playing? I mean complaining about it isn't going to get you anywhere. The game isn't going to change so what's point in complaining over spilt milk? You're just going to have to get over it at some point. I did and I'm having fun as a result.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Way too many Blizz-Fanboys on these forums who probably have not played Vanilla or TBC. Only Casualscrubs can think this is a good change.

CHANGE IS AWESOME, LEARN TO ADAPT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN QUIT
    Hey well, if it bothers you this much maybe stop playing? I mean complaining about it isn't going to get you anywhere. The game isn't going to change so what's point in complaining over spilt milk? You're just going to have to get over it at some point. I did and I'm having fun as a result.
    wow that almost took longer then expected

Seriously the prune is painful. It was very exciting checking out the new animations and xmog system. Then I see that my spellbook only has 2 pages....

This isn't a big deal for PvE, but PvP it's going to suck. I will say I actually support getting rid of all the self healing.
    I've found it to be hit or miss.

The Fire mage rotation is, at its simplest, 4 buttons + cooldowns, but it's very reactive and has a good pace, so it feels fun and engaging.

And then... then there's Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Way too many Blizz-Fanboys on these forums who probably have not played Vanilla or TBC. Only Casualscrubs can think this is a good change.
    I played since Vanilla, did Molten Core, BWL, old ZG, AQ, tried my hand at old Naxx and reached Blood Guard in PvP. I think the change is refreshing and was much needed.

What else are you gonna whine about today?

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Because windwall, sentry, and stoneclaw totem were good class design, ya?
    Let's not forget mocking blow, seal of the crusader, mongoose bite or counterattack.

Such great abilities, rip /s

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because a destro lock would tottalty use curse of agony, and drain soul, well a affliction would use incenerate and immolate.... also yes in pvp you used enslave demon, ritual of doom, summon infernal, all of the many useless curses and spells...
    pvp locks used to cast fire spells to get a fire lock VERY often. enslave demon doesnt work in pvp (it did in classic, u could steal other wls pets) but banish did work, and was a major skill vs mage / other wl. Summon infernal was regularly used in many bgs. All the useless curses had a meaning (for example using curse of relentless on a warrior with spellreflect up = warlock is immune to fear). Curse of Doom was used by warlocks on the lvl 20-30 mobs in front of the av entrance, while waiting in queue, so they could join av with a freaking doomguard. And yep i died in Alterac vally because i helped a warlock at his 5 man summon demon.

Yes really ALLL spells are used at one point in pvp. ann all the "useless curses" had a function and specific task.
    PVP really used all spells with all interaction, and all this stuff decided wheter someone was a godlike player or some random noob. Back than when really good Players were actually known (and dreaded) on the whole realm...

Well know we are in a time where a warlock gets free soulshards for beeing kicked. cool. skilly.

10+ Year Old Account

The reason you support the removal of self healing, should be why you support ability pruning ESPECIALLY for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    pvp locks used to cast fire spells to get a fire lock VERY often. enslave demon doesnt work in pvp (it did in classic, u could steal other wls pets) but banish did work, and was a major skill vs mage / other wl. Summon infernal was regularly used in many bgs. All the useless curses had a meaning (for example using curse of relentless on a warrior with spellreflect up = warlock is immune to fear). Curse of Doom was used by warlocks on the lvl 20-30 mobs in front of the av entrance, while waiting in queue, so they could join av with a freaking doomguard. And yep i died in Alterac vally because i helped a warlock at his 5 man summon demon.

Yes really ALLL spells are used at one point in pvp. ann all the "useless curses" had a function and specific task.
    PVP really used all spells with all interaction, and all this stuff decided wheter someone was a godlike player or some random noob. Back than when really good Players were actually known (and dreaded) on the whole realm...

Well know we are in a time where a warlock gets free soulshards for beeing kicked. cool. skilly.
    Yeah, those were great times... But here's the thing...

If WoW DIDN'T make any changes, the fanbase would cry out to Blizzard about how things are becoming stale and boring...Very much like they did near the end of Vanilla and it has been an endless cycle for every expansion after that. Things need to change to keep them fresh and interesting. In a game full of elitism, you're gonna have people that are used to having a certain skill range or power set and once that's turned upside down where they are probably not as good as before, they are either going to adjust or cry about it in the forums... Guess who the good players are...

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Because windwall, sentry, and stoneclaw totem were good class design, ya?
    Let's not forget mocking blow, seal of the crusader, mongoose bite or counterattack.

Such great abilities, rip /s
    windwall helped a ton against hunter. sentry was scouting for shaman (its still in the game today, but its not a totem and it has another name).

stoneclaw did taunt pets so they would get a stun from it, and u could freely cast without fear of beeing interrupted (warlock kick was a pet ability back than). And it would destealth rogues who were stupid enough to run in its range.

Mocking blow on hunter pet = pet hits you out of trap / sheep whatever cc.

Seal of crusader: was for debuffing the opponent, crusader judgment (+ holy dmg) into hammer into soc burst = gg, exept u had more than 4,5 k hp in classic (which very little people had back than). U never played against a skillfull retpaladin back than.

mongoose bite did really good dmg , and as a hunter back than it was used quite often in pvp. As a well geared Hunter (t1+) u could melee down the generic arcanite reaper warrior with spamming this + raptorstrike on cd.

Counterattack, it was a 5 sec root which allowed you to escape from melee range. and yea the parry was no problem, because u had a skill that made u parry guaranteed for a few seconds. (actually most pvp hunters relied on scatter shot instead of counterattack, only those who went deep into suv tree for wyvern sting had access to counterattack,or if the person was on pve spec and did take this talent for funs)

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Yeah, and I remember only having to use 2 or 3 of them to do top DPS during raids, for some classes it was even only 1 button.
    and now instead of using 2 or 3 buttons while raiding in vanilla you use 4 or 5 buttons while raiding in cata/mop/wod/legion

in exchange for going from 5 pages of spells to 2 pages of spells while not raiding

yay for raiding I guess
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-07-27 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Yeah, and I remember only having to use 2 or 3 of them to do top DPS during raids, for some classes it was even only 1 button.
    "during raids", not everyone raids you know. Classes had a lot of situational/niche utility, that's exactly what we want to keep, but they're pruning it time and time again, and for what?

Rotations have evolved, so far so good. But when it comes to the situational/niche utility, classes toolkits turned into nothingness. Why can't we have both?
    Last edited by Aceveda; 2016-07-27 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yes, Wildstar was doing so well we are in desperate need of WoW emulating it. This is such a non argument. Many people here do not play other MMOs or don't want WoW or these other MMOs to be the same. There's no reason to bring them up at all.
    That was never my point.

My point is, IN THOES GAMES, it wasen't a problem. Why should it be a problem in WoW?

Like christ, who enjoy's having 35 keybinds......Btw I only lost 4-5 binds after this massive sooo baaad prune on my druid....oh the horror....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO