Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Just did nighthold lfr I hope this satisfies u. I had 17 Artifact traits. Inner demons, no fury of illadari.
    Last edited by Ryxxi; 2016-07-27 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Insane amounts of red herrings and ad hominem, standard.
    My post didn't have a single scrap of ad hominem.

You still ignored it entirely because it deconstructed every single one of your complaints thoroughly.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    My post didn't have a single scrap of ad hominem.

You still ignored it entirely because it deconstructed every single one of your complaints thoroughly.
    I mean I obviously wasn't referring to just you.

I agree on a lot of what you said like I've said about 3 times now and admitted I overlooked a few things for sure. But there are still some very good points in my original post.

I agree on a lot of what you said like I've said about 3 times now and admitted I overlooked a few things for sure. But there are still some very good points in my original post.
    If they're there they're buried under a metric ton of BS.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Agreed this talent should be revisited and made more active.
    It's fine the way it is, honestly. Most people who think it's bad haven't accounted for how its charge system works. The advantage of demon blades is that it let's you basically demon's bite while using other things, but wont proc till you are done dumping fury.

I run fel mastery and felblade with it and it works great because I'll use the fury from those to fill GCD while DB builds charges, then after when I stop I'll get max fury in 1-2 GCD.

Play something else then?
    I've had a blast leveling DH twice now and most people seem to think it's fun to play.

Are you referring to the talent? Because again, the talents should be, in my opinion, designed to empower a class further - not give it its base fundamental abilities like a snare.
    Snares aren't 'fundamental abilities'.

'I don't like something therefore it's bad' Love these threads so much. They have considerably more mobility than a lot of other classes, not that it matters. They've openly stated that not every class is going to have the same tools and it's always been like that. Some classes have more ease moving around whereas others have more control. It's really down to your own play style and preference. If you don't like it, that's fine, there are plenty of classes/specs that I don't like but it doesn't make them bad.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP did a terrific job of promoting the DH and clarifying skills and abilities. I think it's time for this thread to close and for the OP to switch off this pariah account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this thread is a troll one or you just suck playing the Demon Hunter.

Also too I am looking forward to playing a Demon Hunter after so long so kinda don't want to ruin my experience for it. :3
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you referring to the talent? Because again, the talents should be, in my opinion, designed to empower a class further - not give it its base fundamental abilities like a snare.
    Then you completely missed the design of this game entirely. Talents are now abilities that complement or add functionality to your class. Its only been like that for 2 expansions now. As a hunter I decided between glaive toss, barrage or power shot (knockback) and crows or stampede.

You'll also get PVP talents to complement your abilities.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted

Nope, your post is utterly flawed and just you being butthurt

10+ Year Old Account
    But all the other abilities are cool sure! That doesn't detract from the base Demon Hunter being super lack lustre and requiring talents just to simply KEEP UP.
    What's the difference between starting with a ton of DPS abilities and using talents to "catch up" on utility or having utility spells base and using talents to empower DPS? In the end, with proper talent selection, you're in the same place.

Now, if DHs are weaker offensively than everyone else because everyone else gets offensive talents and DHs are "stuck" taking utility talents, that would make your argument valid, but that's not what I've seen. Pushing a lot of utility to talents isn't hurting the class--it just seems to offend your sensibilities of "how things should be" even if there's no material difference in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Not my fault I don't have beta.
    It's not your fault you don't have beta. It is your fault that you choose to have uninformed opinions.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post

Just did nighthold lfr I hope this satisfies u. I had 17 Artifact traits. Inner demons, no fury of illadari.
    Beating randoms in an LFR doesn't prove anything
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Beating randoms in an LFR doesn't prove anything
    and there was no dk

There are simply not enough buttons on this class to press.
    aaand I stopped reading.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I don't have anything to say to someone who just said "your a idiot".

I'm here to discuss things constructively but sure, let's not then.
    Actually, I've been doing a lot of arenas on beta lately and Havoc is really good with Arms/Hpal. Arms/Havoc/Hpal is one of the strongest comps I've played and it's a load of fun. I think you should go try that if you aren't having a good time. I'm not the havoc DH on the team I'm the Hpal but my buddy says he loves it. I'd say give that comp a try, since DHs hard counter is snares and stuns, pairing them with an Hpal (freedom) is really good.

I could see DHs being viable in multiple comps, but we'll see.

The simple fact that you titled this thread "DH are complete garbage" makes me wanna be hostile. I mean, that's not a feedback, that's just a plain opinion which pushes people away from your topic. But, out of curiosity... let's be polite.

I won't get into details about everything you point out, I don't feel like you're being totally honest with everyone when you pretend to be open to reasonning. That, and the fact that, as said before, the class might just not fit your playstyle.

I could create a thread called "Demon Hunters are exitingly fun to play". Then, listing everything that makes me feel that way, and a list of objective reasons as to why i feel this class was well thought and well designed, after many re-designs and patches. I like it where it is now, even if i'm not a big fan of the Momentum build, I recognize how smart the overall design is (minor complains aside).

But, i won't do it. Because that's my opinion, and I don't think that MMO-C is the place to complain about the feel you get from a class. If i wanted to do a real report of the DH, i'd do it on the official forum.

Now my real question is. Why is it so bad that a new class doesn't fit one's playstyle ? It's not like you've been playing it for years, and it suddently got completly overhauled (hello Survival Hunters !). Now, i could understand that you had high hopes for the class, to be like the thing that keeps the flame alive a little longer in a game you might not enjoy anymore. But, reading on the DH class forum, the DH is fine as is. I could be improved a little more, but an't all classes that way ? (some, more than others ?)

Deleted
    I'll just go ahead and admit I was wrong. A lot of what I said has been addressed and corrected and am grateful for that so thanks for all your contribution.

I do think there are still some problems despite this - mobility is extremely underwhelming. I'm coming from a monk so you can understand why I am super disappointed with DH's. I'm not saying it should be immune to snares and whatnot, but if Blizzard are going to advertise a class as the super lean agile speedy gonzalez class, then that's just misleading. If that's the sealing point then it should be the most mobile in the game - but it's not.

Second is the lack of active dps abilities. A lot of classes got pruned down a lot - yes. But I think maybe if there was just literally 1 more spell in the dps rotation I'd be very happy with the class in PVE. A simple dot to keep up or some kind of passive that can sometimes reset eye beam whenever you deal damage with chaos strike or something - just something to keep you on your toes and watch out for. But right now it doesn't do that.

Final point which honestly nobody addressed at all is the heavy reliance on meta for PVP. The class is too tied to this thing. Which in a sense is kind of cool because you have things like demonic and awaken the demon to help compliment that but if they're going to make meta so central to the spec then I guess some more things could've been done to help compliment that more like having demonic trigger off more abilities.

But yeah again sorry for any misunderstandings, people can be wrong.

Demon Hunter is the most mobile class for sure, because Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat/Felblade are, or can be specced to have very short cooldowns. However, that does not mean DHs have the best uptime on players. Despite all the mobility, they are still very suspectible to roots and slows, while WW Monks can actively remove them simply by using their gap closers. They also lose to monks in CC, burst (largely because they are currently very overtuned) and survivability outside Meta.

This doesn't make DH weak. You have to remember that this is a team based game. DHs weaknesses can and should be complemented by classes that excel at those things. Team doesn't have a snare but have plenty of stuns? Spec Master of the Glaive. The exact opposite? Spec Unleashed Power. Getting shut down by roots/slows? Play with a paladin or any class that can actively dispel them.

This leads me to believe that paladin is one of your top buddies to destroy peasants with. Blessing of Freedom deals with slows/roots nicely, and Blessing of Protection helps with your squishiness. Blessing of Sanctuary removes stuns as well, when they fix the damn spell (ret only).

My take on top comps for DH (guesses).
    DK/DH/Hpaladin
    Arms/DH/Hpaladin (as suggested above)
    WW/DH/Hpaladin (have the monk provide you with Tiger's Lust and spec "Ride the Wind" for biggest mobilities, it's sick)
    Ret/DH/Rdruid or Hpriest (aka immune to CC cleave, druid cannot be polied, you can remove CC with Reverse Magic and ret can as well with Sanc + BoP, but rets are quite bad so rip)

When talking about solo PvP, which already is an unbalanced foundation. I would recommend playing with Master of the Glaive all the time, as playing without a slow means you can be kited simply by just walking at normal speed by some classes.

You will be the god of war himself during Meta, but after that, you are on a short timer to your death. With all the effects combined (Demonic 5s + Meta 30s + Awaken the Demon 8s+8s) you can have nearly a minute of Kratos roleplay, I figure you should beat most classes in 1v1 or even 1v2 during that time. Except WW monks, fuck them. If you don't die to their Strike of the Windlord + Fists + Touch of Death combo, all which can crit up to 700k each, he will just pussy out, keeping you slowed while rolling around healing.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2016-07-27 at 06:18 PM.