Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Nope, the enraged hits are a wet noodle in Timewalking. The knockback smash that's unavoidable does like 50k though. I died as a prot paladin topped off through SOTR and 2PT18 with the resto shaman health buff. Killed it second attempt with two smashes, had to use GoAK for the first and AD for the second. Seems just a touch overtuned. Still dropped to half HP through GoAK and all of the above.
    You gotta remember when this boss and its mechanics were put into the game, tanks had way more passive mitigation, avoidance, and cooldowns available. Most of those 3 things have been removed though.

I just tanked several of them with no problem, but yeah - last boss in PoS is seriously bugged. I've tanked that fight so many times, both back in the day and in TW, and it was never like this. The knockback attack that is supposed to send tank over ice (and save him from empowered) is hitting for about 400% of usual damage - it one-shot me twice at full health. If I use a big CD to save myself from that, there's still the problem of the entire floor being white so you can't see real ice patches. You can memorize where the blue rune appeared before ice, but have to do so while also kiting boss since you can't afford to be hit by anything. We had good group that one-shot the first two bosses and had no problem with adds, but gave up after 3 wipes on Tyrannus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    You gotta remember when this boss and its mechanics were put into the game, tanks had way more passive mitigation, avoidance, and cooldowns available. Most of those 3 things have been removed though.
    The fight didn't work this way when first put in game. I should know; that's when I started tanking. You could almost say I learned to tank on this boss. The fight this week is not like it has been all those years.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pit of Saron, now people get to experience how terrible people were when these first came out in doing anything other than facing rolling.

Well at least the experience is accurate you can give them that. Doesn't help that the last boss is bugged and that the ice patches are 10 times the size of what they should be making it unable of you to see during his buff where to actually kite him across, especially nice when the healer is branded.

You aren't suppose to tank him but kite him during that phase. But yeah bugs being bugs hopefully it's hotfixed before i try it on an alt otherwise i'll just downright skip the instance and wait 30 minutes, do something fishing or what not.

On the plus side, I did get a drop on the Infinite drake while tanking Nexus earlier.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Getting 2 shotted in Pit of Saron inst fun at all. Also the patch of ice is covering pretty much the whole area...

Deleted
    timewalking are surely overtuned as fuck, PoS is way worse than the others tho, last boss is bugged as shit, melee attacks hit for 10-15k on a 40k hp tank with AM up, you won't survive without a good healer babysitting your ass.

PoS last boss has two "bugs"

1) the "slowing" ice pool is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY smaller than the white graphic area - so even tanking on white stuff it doesn't mean he will get slowed

2) damage is way too powerful for a LFG "grab gear" dg. A tank that doesn't kite well and that has bad cd usage will get wasted, even without overpower, if the healer isn't babysitting him.

But one thing for sure: most ppl today doesn't know basics, don't want to CC and want to do everything on zergmode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Tagging @Warlucia to this

- Not looking forward to this at all tonight, but at least I have a heads up before going into the dungeon without lube.

Thanks for the tips.

Pre-patch changes definitely made timewalking more difficult. Before it was more or less a snoozefest, now a tank gets roflstomped by 2-3 trash mobs easily if they don't use a minor defensive cd or the mobs are stunned or such. As a healer I don't really mind but tanks need to get out of the "lol pull the entire room all 40 mobs" mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly they should just hotfix pit of saron out of rotation until legion actually releases. Its just way harder than other ones, to the point that its sometimes better to just take leaver penalty.

Pit of saron was bugged for me today, i joined a save with only the last boss left. The ice patches that are dropped on the ground to kite over was displaying to cover the whole area. However just the intended area had the actuall effect, meaning you could not see where the real patches were.

Deleted
    Just finished my 5 timewalking dungeons healing as Discipline Priest.

It was more difficult than usually.

In Gundrak, trash was regularly dunking the tank for around 60-75% of their health right at the beginning of the encounter. All the bosses were easy, luckily.

Pit of Saron was not as difficult as expected, ending with just a single wipe. The first boss's damage felt pretty absurd though and we just barely managed to kill it on the first try with like 1 rogue left alive at the end. Even so, the trash packs were very easy and gave me no issues and the second boss was easy as well. The final boss we wiped on once but I'd say that that was due to me getting Branded all the time and my healing at the end was like 50% on the boss. The tank died as he got one-shot by the knockback but we still survived for like 5 minutes after that. After the wipe, we killed him effortlessly, taking 2 minutes. This time the Brand didn't land on me at all so we just killed him, no issues at all.

All in all, I cleared 6 dungeons and didn't have to reset or leave a dungeon once. Sure, there were a couple of wipes here and there but I don't see what the big deal is, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Just finished my 5 timewalking dungeons healing as Discipline Priest.

It was more difficult than usually.

In Gundrak, trash was regularly dunking the tank for around 60-75% of their health right at the beginning of the encounter. All the bosses were easy, luckily.

Pit of Saron was not as difficult as expected, ending with just a single wipe. The first boss's damage felt pretty absurd though and we just barely managed to kill it on the first try with like 1 rogue left alive at the end. Even so, the trash packs were very easy and gave me no issues and the second boss was easy as well. The final boss we wiped on once but I'd say that that was due to me getting Branded all the time and my healing at the end was like 50% on the boss. The tank died as he got one-shot by the knockback but we still survived for like 5 minutes after that. After the wipe, we killed him effortlessly, taking 2 minutes. This time the Brand didn't land on me at all so we just killed him, no issues at all.

All in all, I cleared 6 dungeons and didn't have to reset or leave a dungeon once. Sure, there were a couple of wipes here and there but I don't see what the big deal is, really.
    sounds like you got lucky.. maybe read some of the countless comments about the last boss.. it is not currently working as it is supposed to.

Pit of Saron:

Boss 1: DPS and healer reset debuff behind rock, tank gets dispelled. Everybody hide behind rock when boss makes new weapon
    Boss 2: run away when he does ANYTHING. Then he can't hit the pursuit target and you can't get hit by poison nova
    A CC on the casters in the trash between bosses 2 and 3 works wonders
    Boss 3: run away when he gets the buff. stop dps if you have the debuff, run away if you have the freezing debuff.

Oh, and you can have the DPS that has the brand run around and find the patches of ice that slow the boss. Or, like, remember where the dragon hit the ground.

It really isn't at all difficult if you do it properly...

Of course, if you have DPS that stay on Garfrost for a minute without resetting stacks then they'll die. Or if people don't run away from shit on the second boss, then they'll die. Or if people dps through brand then the tank will die. But honestly, that's just people being lazy and I'm totally fine with people having a hard time when they can't run 20 yards in the year and a half it takes for Ick and Krick to cast Poison Nova...
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2016-07-27 at 09:28 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorem View Post
    Let me get one thing strait.. its NOT fun having a boss hitting with 37k+ if your tank has ~45k hp and there are stun/anti heal mechanics involved and the tanks got almost no selfheal. it took me 3 tanks and 9dds who left before we managed to get a kill.
    The boss should never touch anyone in the fight he should be kited the entire time, re-learn mechanics and try again

Our group just got destroyed by the last boss in PoS. After 2-3 tries, and reading the journal, we came up with a proper strategy, but then weird thing happened - after getting unholy power the boss started moving faster instead of slower (I'm pretty sure that on first tries he was moving slower). I wasn't able to run away from him even in cat form with dash active. After it happening 3 times in a row we quit. Is there some reason why he moved so fast or was that a bug?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly they should just hotfix pit of saron out of rotation until legion actually releases. Its just way harder than other ones, to the point that its sometimes better to just take leaver penalty.
    I vote for this too, PoS right now feels like a Mythic TW dungeon while the rest are kinda faceroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Pit of Saron, now people get to experience how terrible people were when these first came out in doing anything other than facing rolling.
    If they wanted people to get an accurate perception of difficulty they'd roll Halls of Reflection into the timewalking roster...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont have a problems with all dungeons except pit of saron that shit is so overtuned its not even funny
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If they wanted people to get an accurate perception of difficulty they'd roll Halls of Reflection into the timewalking roster...
    Wasn't the only hard part there the first boss with certain add waves?