Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Do you think it's a scam that shipping and handling charges can differ depending on the weight of what's being shipped?
    Also that certain tissues are more delicate and more difficult to retrieve intact, that some tissues need more rigorous protection during transport, etc, etc.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    First Amendment mentions the Press, "freedom of press shall not be abridged".

Even if they made some mistakes they did a public service by showing tax payers what was happening with their money.
    You mean when they edited the footage to say whatever they felt like instead of what actually was said?

Do you think it's a scam that shipping and handling charges can differ depending on the weight of what's being shipped?
    And atleast here they vary a lot based on weight and size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Bingo.

Oh they will posture and deny and finally fall back on their victim complex, but they are more interested in causing other people harm (especially young girls and women) than in doing good or even doing the decent thing for all US citizens.

Fairy tales and the willfully ignorant are a dangerous combination, as we have seen throughout human history.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know we were talking about Wal-mart.

Yeah it's pretty disgusting the amount of taxpayer money spent on corporate and agra welfare by conservatives. Everyone needs to get out and vote in November, get these blood suckers out of office.
    The 2 major people running for President are conservatives, one is corporate, and one is corporate bought, good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Maybe they should make a profit and stop being tax funded
    That would eliminate the entire point of PP. You can already get the same treatments, if you can afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is not, because the reimbursement only covers storage and transportation costs, and nothing more. The patient is not billed for storage or transportation costs. This isn't hard.
    Just to add a tad more accuracy, but it doesn't just go to that. Any funds that are over the amount needed for that year, get rolled over to the next. Their reimbursement didn't just cover the cost of tissue donation, but went to the same financial pool as other donations/funding.

- - - Updated - - -

The 2 major people running for President are conservatives, one is corporate, and one is corporate bought, good luck with that.
    False equivalency... Trump is running on the platform of overturning Row v Wade. If you think Hillary is doing the same, you are being disengenous at best. Hillary will not defund PP, Trump argues to not just defund, but make abortion illegal.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    False equivalency... Trump is running on the platform of overturning Row v Wade. If you think Hillary is doing the same, you are being disengenous at best. Hillary will not defund PP, Trump argues to not just defund, but make abortion illegal.
    Trump is pro-choice and will revert to his stance and do nothing about making abortion illegal.
    Hilary is pro-choice too, and doesn't think unborn babies should have any rights at all (even at 39 weeks) watch if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCgmq0xXPWE ("an unborn person doesn't have constitutional rights... does not sacrifice the woman's right to make decisions")

I am not voting for either of them, and voting for Gary Johnson, who also happens to be pro-choice, but it's ok to disagree with someone and still like them more than the other candidates. Libertarians have a good platform.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

wait, they had charges dropped against them in TEXAS because they lied about planned parenthood?

nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    First Amendment mentions the Press, "freedom of press shall not be abridged".

Even if they made some mistakes they did a public service by showing tax payers what was happening with their money.
    Except they aren't using taxpayer dollars to perform abortions, unless you have proof that their budget illegally uses public funding to pay for abortions rather than that amount going to the myriad of other services they offer (mammograms, std tests, birth control, etc.)

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, both candidates lean right on the spectrum. But even there they differ on how far to the right of center they both land.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Anyone who watched the videos and isn't a moron could see the heavy use of deceptive editing that happened in there. Quotes from completely different conversations were juxtaposed to create seemingly damning scenarios. Context was edited out. If you're making some kind of sting video and you have damning evidence, then supply a full, unedited conversation. Needing to splice 2-3 different conversations together in order to create a narrative is a heavy indicator that you're full of shit.

They did a service to nobody; it was actually libel.
    So, I assume you support George Zimmerman in filing suit against NBC for libel?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Except they aren't using taxpayer dollars to perform abortions, unless you have proof that their budget illegally uses public funding to pay for abortions rather than that amount going to the myriad of other services they offer (mammograms, std tests, birth control, etc.)
    Not directly paying for but certainly supporting abortions. Take away all tax payer funding to PP and the number of their offices would likely fall to 25% or less of their current numbers. It's the tax payers money that is supporting these clinics keeping them up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Go play your 'gotcha!' games somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Go play your 'gotcha!' games somewhere else.
    No games but calling out hypocrisy when I see it.

No games but calling out hypocrisy when I see it.
    I haven't given a stance, so you haven't called out any hypocrisy.

You're fishing for hypocrisy.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Not directly paying for but certainly supporting abortions. Take away all tax payer funding to PP and the number of their offices would likely fall to 25% or less of their current numbers. It's the tax payers money that is supporting these clinics keeping them up and running.
    And? Are you insinuating that they should have their public funding revoked because they perform abortions without that funding while using that funding to give much needed medical aid to impoverished people who couldn't afford it otherwise? I mean, if you are a pro-lifer, you sure shitty way of showing it by saying that you'd rather poor people die or suffer from STD's, breast cancer, and birth complications than tolerate that the same people providing those very necessary medical services to poor people also provide abortions without breaking the funding laws.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the supposedly white latino man who shot Trayvon Martin after getting curb stomped by him? That guy? I mean I wonder why he might file a defamation lawsuit with one of the networks that ran one of the most misrepresented news stories in American history.

Now before you get on me about Zimmerman, no I don't think that he should have been following Trayon and yes I think that his actions directly contributed to causing the violence that resulted in Trayvon Martin's death; however, some paranoid idiot neighborhood watch guy who is probably racist following you does not give you the right o bash his head against the curb, but that's how Trayvon responded to Zimmerman's idiocy thus he gave Zimmerman just cause to shoot him in self-defense.

And? Are you insinuating that they should have their public funding revoked because they perform abortions without that funding while using that funding to give much needed medical aid to impoverished people who couldn't afford it otherwise? I mean, if you are a pro-lifer, you sure shitty way of showing it by saying that you'd rather poor people die or suffer from STD's, breast cancer, and birth complications than tolerate that the same people providing those very necessary medical services to poor people also provide abortions without breaking the funding laws.
    I'm saying that if tax payer money is needed in some communities it could (and should) be used to fund other clinics/foundations that provide the same services while not providing abortions. Currently tax payer money is subsidizing abortions.

You mean the supposedly white latino man who shot Trayvon Martin after getting curb stomped by him? That guy? I mean I wonder why he might file a defamation lawsuit with one of the networks that ran one of the most misrepresented news stories in American history.

Now before you get on me about Zimmerman, no I don't think that he should have been following Trayon and yes I think that his actions directly contributed to causing the violence that resulted in Trayvon Martin's death; however, some paranoid idiot neighborhood watch guy who is probably racist following you does not give you the right o bash his head against the curb, but that's how Trayvon responded to Zimmerman's idiocy thus he gave Zimmerman just cause to shoot him in self-defense.
    One correction... the supposedly white latino man who shot Trayvon Martin whilegetting curb stomped by him

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't given a stance, so you haven't called out any hypocrisy.

You're fishing for hypocrisy.
    Your refusal to give a stance pretty much says it all.

Your refusal to give a stance pretty much says it all.
    I'll tell you why I'm not giving you a stance.

Because I didn't really pay attention to the Trayvon Martin shit, and from a google search it looks like Zimmerman is suing over what he says is an edited phone call. I'm not about to sink half an hour researching some tangential bullshit because you've got your heart set on this fishing expedition. And what good would it do anyway to find perceived hypocrisy? That's not actually an argument anyway.

On the other hand, I have seen the videos in question here, and I do know that it was deceptively edited.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    What do you want to reduce tax usage to? It would be incredibly wasteful to have to have facilities that can handle a medical procedure, to specifically NOT offer the same medical procedure because an individual happens to be against it.
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

I'll tell you why I'm not giving you a stance.

Because I didn't really pay attention to the Trayvon Martin shit, and from a google search it looks like Zimmerman is suing over what he says is an edited phone call. I'm not about to sink half an hour researching some tangential bullshit because you've got your heart set on this fishing expedition. And what good would it do anyway to find perceived hypocrisy? That's not actually an argument anyway.

On the other hand, I have seen the videos in question here, and I do know that it was deceptively edited.
    So you don't care because it affects a side of the issue that you disagree with. I try to learn what I can from both sides and form opinions from that instead of burying my head in the sand.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you don't care because it affects a side of the issue that you disagree with. I try to learn what I can from both sides and form opinions from that instead of burying my head in the sand.
    What... they just said they're commenting on things that they're more aware of. Making shit up isn't exactly learning, nor does it help with forming correct opinions.

I don't care because last I checked, this wasn't a thread on Trayvon Martin and we haven't had such a thread in a very long time.