Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
    Hey guys,

got a question regarding the garrison.
    So, i hit 100 with my boomkin yesterday which is probably gonna be my main in legion and i wanted to upgrade my garrison to lvl 3, so i can catch up on some taanan stuff on this character and just being busy till legion hits

question is tho: is it even worth it to upgrade it to 3? i thought blizzard is gonna lower the prices on the garrison, because 5000 gold without even gold garrison missions is a bit expensive.
    My boomkin is on a server where i have no other characters, so i dont really have that much gold.
    Blizzard are bad guys. It's not enough for them to make Garrison completely worthless. They don't want us to play it at all - even for fun. They want to completely destroy it. That's why they removed all gold rewards, but "forgot" to remove upgrade/blueprint prices too.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not anymore unless you have a shit ton of gold that you could just spend 5k as if it was pocket change and if you still find garrisons to be fun which at this point would be hard to believe. Although they are still good for professions and what not so I guess if you're into that maybe. All the gold missions are gone now which was really the only reason besides professions to even bother with garrisons.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Since it doesn't cost gold anymore, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Unless you want to make garrison evel 3 to get access to tanaan for the baleful gear. Not really any point
    there is a point still - it is your personal base , a quiet place to hide from all threats but ye i gues f... all rpg element if its not instant profit its not worth anything for current playerbase.

Deleted
    Just looked on a alt and the UI still says 2k resources and 5k gold required, was it a recent hotfix or something?

Do you need tanaan dailies, and the pets and achievements from the garrison? If the answer to that is yes, then drop the 5k on it. Otherwise just stick around for a month til legion and don't go back to the garrison again.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Take one week and clear all the cata raids. That's 5000g right there, for about an hour and change worth of work. And honestly, if you do all the quests and bonus areas in WoD(which doesn't THAT long), you'll have a LOT more than 5k gold to work with.

Now....is it worth it? Meh...not really, although you have to do it in order to unlock the quest hub in Tanaan, which could potentially be worth doing if you want to farm. But otherwise I'd say once Legion goes live, it's not worth the time or the effort.
    cata raids got nerfed I dont think you get 5k from all of them anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say only if you do not have a character with a lvl 3 garrison so you can unlock Tanann for the Draenor flying if you ever want to fly in WoD content.

only do it if you want achievements and haven't made a lvl 3 garrison yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hey guys,

So, i hit 100 with my boomkin yesterday which is probably gonna be my main in legion and i wanted to upgrade my garrison to lvl 3, so i can catch up on some taanan stuff on this character and just being busy till legion hits

question is tho: is it even worth it to upgrade it to 3? i thought blizzard is gonna lower the prices on the garrison, because 5000 gold without even gold garrison missions is a bit expensive.
    My boomkin is on a server where i have no other characters, so i dont really have that much gold.
    2000 garrison resources only now, like what's been stated - so with it not costing gold - I say why not do it for that free pet leveler <3

Hey guys,

Most avenues for gold making are over. BUT, depending on your server, savage bloods still sell 100g each. Shhhhh.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    no, and they should convert all gold costs for doing anything garrison related to garrison resources.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

If it's true that it only costs resources to upgrade your garrison to level 3 now, then yeah, might as well. It's the only way to access Lion's Watch/Vol'mar for Tanaan dailies, so if you're intent on playing around with that you probably should.

What I don't understand is why everything else still costs gold. Upgrading/replacing buildings and purchasing blueprints still costs an exorbitant amount of gold, and when you're just not making that much anymore, it's a real shell shock. Lowering all of those prices would be nice.

Definitely not worth it at this point especially when you're low on gold. Save it for legion.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    cata raids got nerfed I dont think you get 5k from all of them anymore
    I would not have posted those numbers without checking them myself. It used to be 9k gold for clearing them all. 5.5k for two weeks in a row, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    Everyone is jumping over what is arguably the most important post in this thread. It costs garrison resources, not gold, to upgrade your garrison now.
    It still costs gold, I just tried it: http://imgur.com/a/bo10d

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what you want from the Garrison. If you are looking for the achievements then yes, upgrade it and create buildings, etc. If you just want the mount, pets, etc then it may be cheaper to purchase them from the AH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I would not have posted those numbers without checking them myself. It used to be 9k gold for clearing them all. 5.5k for two weeks in a row, now.
    If you get the mail belt from Dragon Soul it actually increased in price to 75g! Profit!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If you have fun with it. Its worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If this is your one-and-only main character then I would say yes just for the progression and achievements.

If this is "just an alt," then no, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenixXI View Post
    Just looked on a alt and the UI still says 2k resources and 5k gold required, was it a recent hotfix or something?
    Okay, I got home and sent an ogre cache from another toon to my shammy to see what would actually happen if I tried to upgrade. The quest description itself says nothing about gold, nor did the quest objective tracker on the side of my screen--just 2000 resources and upgrade the garrison to level 3. I use the ogre cache, the 2000 resources greyed out, like it normally does. However, when I go to the table and actually click the town hall, it still says 5000 gold in addition to the 2000 resources. Checked my quest log again, making sure I didn't miss the gold part because it was greyed out--nope, nothing about gold. Upgraded to see what would happen, and it did still take the 5000 gold.

Not sure if this is a bug with the quest log description or with the upgrading process--to go up to a level 2 garrison, it also only asked for 200 garrison resources in my quest log. I don't remember noticing if it still took gold from me when I actually did the level 2 upgrade, although I think if it had I would have. My own guess is that Blizzard meant to remove the gold cost, but it broke along the way, much like phasing.

EDIT: Unless it's always just never mentioned the gold. Been awhile since my last garrison level 3 upgrade, but I also have a level 3 shipyard quest outstanding, and that one still lists the gold requirement in the quest log, so it seems weird that the garrison one wouldn't.
    Last edited by MRHD; 2016-07-28 at 01:41 AM.