Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Can i get all people standing on the mail box banned then please?
    I would LOVE for that to happen. I'd love for people that stand on mailboxes and use toys, etc to troll to be perma-banned from any Blizzard game.

I think anyone that spends their time in-game getting jollies by ruining other players' fun (trolls, gankers, assholes, etc) should be perma-banned by e-mail, name, gov't ID #, etc. Anything that will keep them from making another account to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Yes and you should be banned. Boosters, no matter the currency should be banned. And no not the slightest bit ironic. It's not whining to ask someone to stop being so entitled and cry everytime something they don't like happens.

- - - Updated - - -

And now you've come here to talk about how bad you feel about being silenced. Adapt to the game, if there's a silence for shittalking, don't shittalk, it's not exactly rocket science we're dealing with here. And if you can't keep yourself from talking shit, maybe you did deserve the silence in the first place.
    So basically you want people banned for carrying is what you're saying? So when I'm in LFR carrying your bitchass I'm going to be banned for it? Just making sure we are on the same page here because uhhhhh Shit I've been carrying people for over a decade, DAMN I SHOULDDA BEEN BANNED A LONG FUCKING TIME AGO M8!!!! Hell I should of been banned before you were a twinkle in your mums eye

Come on now, get real. Nothing is against the terms of use or EULA for selling anything in game for gold. Their was a post way before you ever even heard of wow for a girl that ACTUALLY had sex with a guy IRL for enough gold for flying (I think it may of been 5000gold like back in the fucken day). Now I obviously think something should of happened there on blizzards part before that 'transaction' took place, but uhhh guess what - it was on the official blizzard forums, and it happened 100%, nobody was banned.

So if blizzard isn't even banning 'BOOSTS' IRL.. what makes you think trading gold for a simple heroic arch kill means jack shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Oh the irony. I mean in this one post alone you are trying to enrage 7 separate people with your "superior intellect".

Not the damn dirty "f" word. How uncouth! How unrefined! Those that buy into the idea that the use of profanity demonstrates a lack of intellect are only marginally intellectual themselves. Keep it up though! It is blatantly apparent that your inability to control yourself led to your silence in WoW an will inevitably ramp up to an infraction here on MMO-C as well.

"No you!" Another display of that "superior intellect".
    I'm behind Motorman - alrighty Rex, you better get out of here before I ('superior intellect FUCKING') take you down!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    I would LOVE for that to happen. I'd love for people that stand on mailboxes and use toys, etc to troll to be perma-banned from any Blizzard game.

I think anyone that spends their time in-game getting jollies by ruining other players' fun (trolls, gankers, assholes, etc) should be perma-banned by e-mail, name, gov't ID #, etc. Anything that will keep them from making another account to play.
    Core issue the game mechanics are protecting the trolls. Let players kill each other and it would solve itself. I would happily get killed by npc guards if i could get them for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I may change my name to Pantysaurus Rex.. what a badass name, then we can be bros

- - - Updated - - -

Core issue the game mechanics are protecting the trolls. Let players kill each other and it would solve itself. I would happily get killed by npc guards if i could get them for it.
    I would be in love if we could use that Timeless Isle orb anywhere and merc our own (faction) people!! That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    So basically you want people banned for carrying is what you're saying? So when I'm in LFR carrying your bitchass I'm going to be banned for it? Just making sure we are on the same page here because uhhhhh Shit I've been carrying people for over a decade, DAMN I SHOULDDA BEEN BANNED A LONG FUCKING TIME AGO M8!!!! Hell I should of been banned before you were a twinkle in your mums eye

Come on now, get real. Nothing is against the terms of use or EULA for selling anything in game for gold. Their was a post way before you ever even heard of wow for a girl that ACTUALLY had sex with a guy IRL for enough gold for flying (I think it may of been 5000gold like back in the fucken day). Now I obviously think something should of happened there on blizzards part before that 'transaction' took place, but uhhh guess what - it was on the official blizzard forums, and it happened 100%, nobody was banned.

So if blizzard isn't even banning 'BOOSTS' IRL.. what makes you think trading gold for a simple heroic arch kill means jack shit?

- - - Updated - - -
    Do try and read through your post before posting, you know, so it makes sense. How is "carrying" in LFR equal to taking ingame gold for kills? I don't understand why you think you're older than me, and if so, it's nothing to really "brag" about.

Some anecdote you got there, is it relevant to this topic? Nope. This isn't only about the boosting, but the trade chat is basically 90% boost spam these days. Makes me want to get the gold sellers back. And for someone so old and hardcore, you sure enjoy the boosters, back in the day you'd fight for your own shit, not carry people for gold like WoW is some profession.

Meh. Let them do that on PvP servers. I hate PvP, and tend to look at PvP players as griefers, trolls, and bullies. But, to each their own.

Deleted
    Meh. Let them do that on PvP servers. I hate PvP, and tend to look at PvP players as griefers, trolls, and bullies. But, to each their own.
    Do you think the same of sport competitions? pvp is no different. Be it Arena or RBG you just compete to improve and become the best.

Do you think the same of sport competitions? pvp is no different. Be it Arena or RBG you just compete to improve and become the best.
    Haven't really dealt with too many athletes, however, I view all competition as the same. It brings out the worst attitudes in people. Turns them into jerks. (Met enough PvP players in 10 years of WoW to see that.)

Haven't really dealt with too many athletes, however, I view all competition as the same. It brings out the worst attitudes in people. Turns them into jerks. (Met enough PvP players in 10 years of WoW to see that.)
    You're just not cut out for it then. I for one grow in an environment where everyone want to be at their best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Yes but I doubt the silence was 24 hours long and doubling in length each time it get's trigger like it is now.

So what 30 people can report you until you have 1+ years worth of silence? Nice!

Going with the assumption that 20 reports triggers the system:

20 - 24H
    40 - 48H
    60 - 96H
    80 - 192H
    100 - 16D
    120 - 32D
    140 - 64D
    160 - 4 Months
    180 - 8 Months
    200 - 16 Months
    220 - 32 Months

So a community with 220 players could silence people for 1 1/2 years just because. And when people get the e-mail saying: 32 Months of silence... they LEAVE the game for good, doesn't matter if 2 days later a GM removed the silence. People will get pissed off
    That logic is flawed. People get hacked and lose all their equipement and are still willing to wait weeks to get their account back to continue playing. Nobody will perma rage quit the game for an injustified silence. They will open a ticket, have it removed and continue playing.

That direction already started somewhere late wotlk/early cata when they nerfed content to make it more accessible due to massive complaints.

With that said i don't think they don't listen - they just look at the data and guess what makes them the most money. So far they have been successful as they continiously managed to increase their profits. They don't cater to everyone present of course but that's impossible anyway as there always two stances on each issue among the playerbase. For example some dislike playing the garrisson browsergame but others love it as they finance their tokens with it. Unless more quit over it than continue to play it nets them a profit. They seem also quite happy with it as they continue to use it in the legion class halls.

- - - Updated - - -

Can i get all people standing on the mail box banned then please?

Actually if some troll does camp the mailbox on his uber yak... yes. If enough people report him, he could very well soon find himself silenced. I will report him instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Their was a post way before you ever even heard of wow for a girl that ACTUALLY had sex with a guy IRL for enough gold for flying
    She was arrested for prostitution. But did not suffer any in-game penalties.

not me
    dont plan on getting silenced ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Actually if some troll does camp the mailbox on his uber yak... yes. If enough people report him, he could very well soon find himself silenced. I will report him instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

She was arrested for prostitution. But did not suffer any in-game penalties.
    I tried to search for that I guess I couldn't find anything - That sucks for Her.. damn!

- - - Updated - - -

Do try and read through your post before posting, you know, so it makes sense. How is "carrying" in LFR equal to taking ingame gold for kills? I don't understand why you think you're older than me, and if so, it's nothing to really "brag" about.

Some anecdote you got there, is it relevant to this topic? Nope. This isn't only about the boosting, but the trade chat is basically 90% boost spam these days. Makes me want to get the gold sellers back. And for someone so old and hardcore, you sure enjoy the boosters, back in the day you'd fight for your own shit, not carry people for gold like WoW is some profession.
    I guess buying something off the AH means you're boosting too if you're saying fighting for your own shit / being professional (being PRO) in a video game. I mean Sure I guess it looked like Bragging, but really I was just trying to be an asshole? My point was that pretty much every single thing in the game requires gold, whether it's to repair your gear, etc etc - Just because someone sucks at PVP, and has a fat stack of gold - doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to spend it on some scrub like me to carry them through wins in 2's.. it's not even a title driven pvp area (they removed titles from 2's back in Wrath / 2009) - so I just don't see how carrying (or boost, whatever you want to call it, I THINK it's a carry, I mean I'm carrying you to the kill, or pvp kills, to something you don't want to work for.. Boosting makes it fucking sound like it's some ILLEGAL drug off the underground black market or some shit)..

tl;dr: I'm an asshole replying to another asshole because I think people paying for shit in game with in game shit shouldn't be banned for no reason. I'm sure you're one of those major Lovers of that new silence feature right? You love to just right click report for spam to see the whole community silent because wow's a single player game right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I do not think you have stairs in your house.
    Geesus christ someone shoot me right now - I'm so lost I can't even begin to fathom wtfuck this means. You'r an early mmo-c poster with only 336 posts, so you only post when it's important - please let me know wth I just missed here Extremity. Never mind: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20your%20house
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2016-07-27 at 06:19 PM.

I imagine the investigation only kicks in when a report of the system being abused is filed, and I mean... they can see who reported, so if abuse happened consequences may also happen. I don't know why they worded the explanation like they did, but the system still makes plenty of sense to me.

Also people putting Asmongold on a pedestal now makes sick. That guy is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

I guess buying something off the AH means you're boosting too if you're saying fighting for your own shit / being professional (being PRO) in a video game. I mean Sure I guess it looked like Bragging, but really I was just trying to be an asshole? My point was that pretty much every single thing in the game requires gold, whether it's to repair your gear, etc etc - Just because someone sucks at PVP, and has a fat stack of gold - doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to spend it on some scrub like me to carry them through wins in 2's.. it's not even a title driven pvp area (they removed titles from 2's back in Wrath / 2009) - so I just don't see how carrying (or boost, whatever you want to call it, I THINK it's a carry, I mean I'm carrying you to the kill, or pvp kills, to something you don't want to work for.. Boosting makes it fucking sound like it's some ILLEGAL drug off the underground black market or some shit)..

tl;dr: I'm an asshole replying to another asshole because I think people paying for shit in game with in game shit shouldn't be banned for no reason. I'm sure you're one of those major Lovers of that new silence feature right? You love to just right click report for spam to see the whole community silent because wow's a single player game right?
    What are you on about. I just want the old days back, where you could see that someone was skilled if he had killed something. Now it means you could AFK spam missions in your garrison and buy boost. It makes the game less exciting. I do intend to use the report button to report every boost seller out there for spam, because it's literally spam. I think the system is flawed but needed. Also, i don't want spam in chat for the sake of seeing others, i want a somewhat meaningful chat. And only one of us is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    That logic is flawed. People get hacked and lose all their equipement and are still willing to wait weeks to get their account back to continue playing. Nobody will perma rage quit the game for an injustified silence. They will open a ticket, have it removed and continue playing.
    Your logic isn't that flawless either. How do you know that "nobody" won't quit the game over being silenced for no reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your feeble attempts to counter my arguments fall apart by your inadequacy to understand what you read. You are not worthy of my replies so I let you believe what you want. Maybe spend some time reading other posts instead of looking how to attack mine. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Until they expressly announce that malicious reporting is punished I will say NO to automated silencing. Its rather clear to me blizzard won't address malicious reporting or they would have explained their system better. They don't leave such stuff vague.
    I already countered yours. You never countered my original point regarding the ToA.

Also, no need to PM me about reporting me. I get it, you can't control your emotions and will claim I abuse systems and I'm the hateful one. Just stop with that threat nonsense and keep your word of ignoring my posts, show some honesty.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-07-27 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Your logic isn't that flawless either. How do you know that "nobody" won't quit the game over being silenced for no reason?
    Using my already mentioned arguement. I'm yet to meet anyone that quit Wow over being hacked, myself included. They ticketed and waited it out untill everything got restored.

Taking into consideration that people in League of Legends have been perma banned up to five times yet still insist on making new accounts and continue playing, getting an easily removed 'unjustified silence' is a rather tame reason to quit. Suppose you have to be INCREDIBLY easily butthurt to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    What are you on about. I just want the old days back, where you could see that someone was skilled if he had killed something. Now it means you could AFK spam missions in your garrison and buy boost. It makes the game less exciting. I do intend to use the report button to report every boost seller out there for spam, because it's literally spam. I think the system is flawed but needed. Also, i don't want spam in chat for the sake of seeing others, i want a somewhat meaningful chat. And only one of us is an asshole.
    Sadly Victor, buying carries has lasted the entire duration of the game. The difference between 2016 vs. 2004 - The game was new, almost nobody knew wth they were doing. I get that today has a lot more of this in trade, I mean I even see free carries for that Moose mount today: Asmongold's carried hundreds of people (with help from streamers/friends) to that moose 100% scott free, along with some of those huge streamers that literally just invite rando's and carry them to the kill.

Regardless if it costs gold, or if it's free (obviously people want gold/the WoW currency), and it's the whole reason carries exist. I was invited the other day for absolutely no reason (before 7.0) to help heal a carry run. I got absolutely nothing out of it, I literally just got invited, and healed it. I didn't even ask my friend why he invited me.. I just did it. So I mean I'm saying like: This is just part of the game today man.

Also on the asshole part of our thread replies:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Can you really get him if he doesn't write anything? Afaik he needs to type something in public chat.