10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It is apparent that you hvaen't played too many games during the past decade.
    You have recommendations on better games?

I do think your comment is a little odd, given that the rest of the world seems to agree with me, with the Witcher 3 garnering the best reviews on average of any game, ever.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This is quite simply the best game I've played in a decade or more.

Working on my second playthrough now.
    Shit, it's one of the best games I've ever played, period.

Fucking fantastic game. Although I felt Blood and Wine fell short in comparison to the base game and Hearts of Stone. But still very good quality nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This is quite simply the best game I've played in a decade or more.

Working on my second playthrough now.
    To me, it doesn't quite match Mass Effect trilogy - but then, I am a science and cosmos junkie, so it is very unlikely that a fantasy game will ever surpass the best sci-fi franchise ever. Oh, and Planescape: Torment is still better, IMO - but then, Planescape: Torment is unlike anything else.

In terms of overall quality, polish, attention to details, amount of high quality content - yes, Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Triss is pure scum. Cowardly and treacherous. They did a 180 degree change with her in the games for some reason, bar the part where she rapes Geralt. That one's in line with book Triss.
    She's still a manipulative asshole in the first two games, doing everything (including her romance with Geralt) for her personal gain. It's not that obvious, because she always plays nice. Only in the third game they changed her character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    To me, it doesn't quite match Mass Effect trilogy - but then, I am a science and cosmos junkie, so it is very unlikely that a fantasy game will ever surpass the best sci-fi franchise ever. Oh, and Planescape: Torment is still better, IMO - but then, Planescape: Torment is unlike anything else.

In terms of overall quality, polish, attention to details, amount of high quality content - yes, Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played dot.
    If you like sci fi then you should try Xenogears in the ps1 and Xenosaga series in the ps2 (even though the saga series still not as good as Xenogears imo but still very very good sci fi indeed)

Yeah even though I been playing video games and RPG since the late 80s I can say that Witcher 3 is one of the best RPGs I played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    If you like sci fi then you should try Xenogears in the ps1 and Xenosaga series in the ps2 (even though the saga series still not as good as Xenogears imo but still very very good sci fi indeed)

Yeah even though I been playing video games and RPG since the late 80s I can say that Witcher 3 is one of the best RPGs I played.
    Which is completely reasonable, unlike blancet statement like "the best game I've played in a decade".

Which is completely reasonable, unlike blancet statement like "the best game I've played in a decade".
    Not really. He said "I've played", not "best game made in the past decade". He is sharing his opinion, and even if he played only one or a thousand games in the past 10 years, it doesnt matter. Its the best game, for him.

10+ Year Old Account

Watching this after finishing Blood and Wine DLC is just pure brilliant masterpiece.

Deleted
    You are all completely wrong anyways.

I need to vent my anger with gwent: Who came up with that god-awful Skellige deck? RNG based, scorch bating crap that is even worse than the monsters deck.. The times I had to reload to finally beat the Nilfgardian prick and the last 10 turns I did literally nothing as the AI was rolling the dice on repeated card draw, rezzing and mlling until RNG finally decided that I won by an ever so slight margin.. I was actually with the dwarves at the end, I wanted to burn that shitty deck as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I need to vent my anger with gwent: Who came up with that god-awful Skellige deck? RNG based, scorch bating crap that is even worse than the monsters deck.. The times I had to reload to finally beat the Nilfgardian prick and the last 10 turns I did literally nothing as the AI was rolling the dice on repeated card draw, rezzing and mlling until RNG finally decided that I won by an ever so slight margin.. I was actually with the dwarves at the end, I wanted to burn that shitty deck as well.
    Are you serious? Skellige Deck is so fucking OP, i actually had to stop using it, because it made Gwent even more of a faceroll than it already was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always just played Northern Realms. Gwent is really easy, once you get a hang of it and have collected a few hero cards. I can't remember anyone I had a real difficulty beating, except for a few first guys, when I was still figuring out how to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Are you serious? Skellige Deck is so fucking OP, i actually had to stop using it, because it made Gwent even more of a faceroll than it already was.
    Agreed. Skellige deck was Crazy good.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've always just played Northern Realms. Gwent is really easy, once you get a hang of it and have collected a few hero cards. I can't remember anyone I had a real difficulty beating, except for a few first guys, when I was still figuring out how to play.
    I got my ass kicked several times by that chick at the tournament at the Passiflora.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you can make some recommendations on better games, since you clearly find my opinion so ridiculous? I'd love to discover some new stuff.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Are you actually using the cards in it? The AI rolls with 2 Vilmerith and 2 Myserious elf to cheat .. it can work vs. Monsters (as that is super weak to begin with) and Scoiatel, but Northern and Nilfgaard? No chance unless you have crazy luck of the draw.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-07-27 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    Are you actually using the cards in it? The AI rolls with 2 Vilmerith and 2 Myserious elf to cheat .. it can work vs. Monsters (as that is super weak to begin with) and Scoiatel, but Northern and Nilfgaard? No chance unless you have crazy luck of the draw.
    My Decklist: 1x Decoy, 1x Commanders Horn, 1x Scorch, 1x Geralt, 1x Ciri, 1x Yennefer, 1x Villentretenmerth, 1x Olgierd, 1x Dandelion, 1x Mysterious Elf, 2x Olaf, 2x Hjalmar, 2x Cerys, 6x Clan Drummond Shield Maiden, 1x Birna Bran, 2x Kambi, with Crach as a Leader.

If i have 1x Cerys on my Hand, i try to bait Scorches by playing Olaf and Shield Maidens alongside the cards i have. When Scorch has been used you shuffle the graveyard back into the decks and drop Cerys for an easy 160+ Power on board.
    The real fun is when you have 2x Cerys on your hand. If you can bait Scorches without playing Shield Maidens, you have already won, since you can drop Cerys for that insane amount of power and in the next round shuffle the maidens back into your deck and drop the second Cerys.

edit: I just played a test game against a Northern Realms:
    My starting hand was: Dandelion, 3 Shield Maidens, Olgierd, Yennefer, Hjalmar, Cerys, Olaf and Geralt.
    I started by playing Olgierd and Olaf in the Melee row, already fishing for a scorch. But he just played some of his catapults. I then played 2 Shieldmaidens followed by Dandelion, at which point he just put down some spies, winning me the round easy with 96 to 19.

I started round to by playing Yennefer and resurecting one of his spies, which gave me Ciri and Kambi. Then i shuffled the graveyards back into the decks to prepare for my Cerys drop. But first played my last Shieldmaiden and Kambi in fear of him still having a scorch. Then i played my Geralt, Ciri and Hjalmar, saving Cerys for last. But it seems there was no reason for playing cautious, he already passed with 2 cards still in his hand and only 34 power on the board, meaning i could just run him over with a final power of 201.

This is more or less how every game goes, with the only exception that i get my "bait" scorched once or twice, which ultimately changes nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc31ea1fca31; 2016-07-27 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been long time since I played Witcher 2 is it still worth it going back playing it after finishing everything in Witcher 3 folks?

It's been long time since I played Witcher 2 is it still worth it going back playing it after finishing everything in Witcher 3 folks?
    I enjoyed Witcher 2 even after playing Witcher 3.

The major advantage that Witcher 2 had in my view, some quests actually require some kind of investigation to truly solve them instead of just following some red dots and the decisions have some impact on the gameplay itself. ( Roche vs. Iorveth being the prime example)

Altough it made me sad that Witcher 2 choices matter so little in Witcher 3.

I've yet to finish this game =/

Watching this after finishing Blood and Wine DLC is just pure brilliant masterpiece.
    This one reminds me a lot of the intro to Witcher 1 where he takes out the Striga. And while it's technically not as impressive as "A Night to Remember, "Killing Monsters" will always be my personal favorite.