Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Neither one of them will win. Soon as Gary Johnson gets into the debates, it's over.
    One can only hope. I am hoping to see him in the debates. If he can get there, then he would be viewed as a "viable" candidate by a lot more people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    For what I assumed to be a nutjob, he's surprisingly sane (kooky, but in a likeable way).

I think Samantha said it best when she said, "I agree with about half of everything you say" - and really - that should probably be the Libertarian Party slogan: because all Americans will probably agree with half of their platform - at which point the question becomes, "Do you agree with more than half of what Hillary / Trump stand for?"
    I will add this link to your reply! It's a great rundown of what he's done and what he believes in.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

Also adding his Facebook campaign page! For good measure.

https://www.facebook.com/govgaryjohnson/
    Last edited by Adelycia; 2016-07-27 at 06:33 PM.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    How about when they booed the pastor leading them in prayer when he asked for Hillary to win.
    That was ridiculous, as was when they booed Elijah Cummings. But those were the actions of a tiny minority of Sanders supporters, not the delegates on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelycia View Post
    One can only hope. I am hoping to see him in the debates. If he can get there, then he would be viewed as a "viable" candidate by a lot more people.
    Honestly if Gary Johnson does get into the debates that would be bad news for Trump. Libertarians siphon more votes from Republicans than democrats and if hes given a national presence that's gonna hurt Trump. He needs at-least 15% and hes getting about 10&ish. Now if you wanted to be pragmatic from a democrat point of view if you get a selected for a poll I would say I am voting for "Johnson" to help increase his chances to get on stage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    That was ridiculous, as was when they booed Elijah Cummings. But those were the actions of a tiny minority of Sanders supporters, not the delegates on the whole.
    I am more upset with the people who booed Senator Warren of all things with the line "We trusted you". That's a thin line even Liberals need to distance from...

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Honestly if Gary Johnson does get into the debates that would be bad news for Trump. Libertarians siphon more votes from Republicans than democrats and if hes given a national presence that's gonna hurt Trump. He needs at-least 15% and hes getting about 10&ish. Now if you wanted to be pragmatic from a democrat point of view if you get a selected for a poll I would say I am voting for "Johnson" to help increase his chances to get on stage
    I agree. I want more people to be able to hear what he has to say, including myself. There are even state senators who are changing their party affiliation so that they can back Gary Johnson too, Utah's state senator being one.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4155418-1...publican-party
    http://reason.com/blog/2016/07/25/ut...-switching-par
    Last edited by Adelycia; 2016-07-27 at 06:34 PM.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm going to trust Nate Silver's work for the eighth year straight. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/
    You mean like how he says Trump would win if the election were held today 55% to 45% http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now

VERMIN SUPREME SUUUUUURGES IN THE POLLS AS HE PROMISES FREE PONIES FOR EVERY AMERICAN, CLEAN POWER FROM ZOMBIES ON TURBINES AND MANDATORY TOOTH BRUSHING LAWS TO SAVE OUR YOUTH FROM GENGIVITUS!!

VERMIN SUPREME is THEEEE CANDIDATE FOR AMERICA!!!

HE HAS INCREASED HIS VOTERS BY NEARLY 1000% going from 1 voter to 10 voters!! AMAZING!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    For what I assumed to be a nutjob, he's surprisingly sane (kooky, but in a likeable way).

I think Samantha said it best when she said, "I agree with about half of everything you say" - and really - that should probably be the Libertarian Party slogan: because all Americans will probably agree with half of their platform - at which point the question becomes, "Do you agree with more than half of what Hillary / Trump stand for?"
    Aye, I'll either be voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson in November. The Green Party's current platform checks off many boxes a progressive party would want checked off, while Johnson makes for a reasonable middle-ground compromise between corporatist and populist, with a strong adherence toward civil liberties. He's a good example of agreeing on the what but disagreeing on the how, without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Despite being very fiscally liberal, depending on how Johnson ends up polling closer to November, I'll happily compromise with a Libertarian candidate to keep the Big Two out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If Johnson were republican nominee Hillary would be crushed. If Jill Stein were dem nominee against Trump the margin might be one of the biggest in history.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I am more upset with the people who booed Senator Warren of all things with the line "We trusted you". That's a thin line even Liberals need to distance from...
    That was terrible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    I think a lot of infighting with the democrats will assure a Trump win! Even the Hillary apologist are having a hard time defending her.
    You can't defend Hilary for the shit she's pulled in this election.

But acting like Trump is a greener pasture is like comparing barren, infertile land to a nuclear waste depository.

That and Bernie or Bust fans are completely ridiculous. We should be working on reforming how both parties select their presidential and congressional candidates, instead of throwing a childish fit that our prized candidate got screwed by the system.

At the very least, we all need to take a step back and realize that a president can't do much. What a president is capable and willing to do are different from the promises they make, and from I've seen from a few of Kasich's emails is that Trump never intended on running this country, just being a celebrity for it.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If Johnson were republican nominee Hillary would be crushed. If Jill Stein were dem nominee against Trump the margin might be one of the biggest in history.
    I love people who spout third party nonsense like this. Maybe in your wildest dreams.

Truthfully, if you want to actually affect the country, vote third party for Congress. Then you might actually gain traction.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think Donald Trump has a better position than your average Hillary-bot will admit.

The main reason is his speeches are, for all their crazy, often a reflection of what most American's or a majority think about the country. Love him or hate him, Trump is absolutely saying "Things aren't good, this country needs to change tact." Most might not like his tact, myself included but then you have Hillary who is trying to run on the status quo and acting as a cheerleader for the present state of things. When 70% of American's feel the country is getting worse and worse, you don't want to be the one trying to smile and say everything is great, you just look like a fool.

It is a bit like how the hard right is getting ground in Europe because honestly they are the only parties that will actually acknowledge events like what happened in Cologne were as the Left just denies, obfuscates and hides from it. You don't want to be the politician denying what people can see with their own two eyes.

Times aren't good for most of the country, and she may appeal heavily to the crowd of people that care deeply about the Hop content of a beer or the ceiling height of an entrance hall, but for most people this country is worse now than before. Trump is going to have a lot of power simply pointing that out alone and Hillary Clinton's complete denial of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Have you seen that long piece on vaccines and homeopathy that she wrote? She's appealing to the anti science left; if there is a God then I can't thank him enough that Jill Stein is not the Dem nominee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Have you seen that long piece on vaccines and homeopathy that she wrote? She's appealing to the anti science left; if there is a God then I can't thank him enough that Jill Stein is not the Dem nominee.
    Yea Jill wrote herself out of my field of view pretty much the moment Bernie lost, and she immediately opened her mouth with that crap.

I was completely open to the option of the Green Party - I'm a member and an advocate for the Green Party in Canada (though I strategically vote Liberal) - but the US Green Party are some serious wingnuts.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yea Jill wrote herself out of my field of view pretty much the moment Bernie lost, and she immediately opened her mouth with that crap.

I was completely open to the option of the Green Party - I'm a member and an advocate for the Green Party in Canada (though I strategically vote Liberal) - but the US Green Party are some serious wingnuts.
    I think the protest votes will either go to Gary Johnson OR to not voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Anyone who thinks like this could never be taken seriously.
    That does less damage to the country than what Trump promises to do if he's elected president, so I don't know why you would say that.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    That does less damage to the country than what Trump promises to do if he's elected president, so I don't know why you would say that.
    Having a drug dealing, thief for a president is far worse than a guy that has opinions you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Having a drug dealing, thief for a president is far worse than a guy that has opinions you don't like.

Opinions? Wtf are you on about?

Look:

Millions stolen + drug dealt (let's say what a normal drug dealer had the capacity to)

VS.

Wasting 12-20 billions on the worst anti-immigration measure ever conceived (the wall)
    Destroying women's rights
    Destroying gay rights
    Wage war against muslims and mexicans
    "Outlawing" free speech
    Destroying green energy programs
    Destroying NATO
    Destroying education (hello creationism)
    Destroy NASA
    Wasting even more money on US military forces
    Destroy human rights (hello torture, killing of terrorist's families as revenge)
    Make Iran enemies again, because Israel is not happy
    Threaten other state leaders to dance to his tune
    More guns!
    Mother pus bucket!

Trump is trying hard to lose votes and it's just not working. He had to bring out the big guns and support Russian espionage, but I doubt that'll even phase his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    So far divorced from reality. This truly is incredible.
    People are "divorced from reality" when they dont agree with you political viewpoint. Cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.