Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The slave trade existed before white people even knew Africa existed, white people took advantage of, then ended the slave trade in the West. The slave trade still exists in Africa to this day.

Those are the facts.
    It was a liiiittttle different, and has fuckall to do with the colonization fuckery that occurred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    All white people are a hivemind that did nothin' wrong, stop oppressing all the hivemind.
    I firmly believe that a political demagogue can come out and say mothers are cunts... To have people defend him, by saying their mom didn't buy them a bike when they were 9.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    So, wait, they learned to fight back and that means they wernt slaughtered? You need a lesson in logic, my friend. That post lacks a lot of it.
    The point (that went right over your head) is that the only "slaughter" that happened, happened, in part, due to the actions of Native Americans themselves. If Native American tribes had not allied themselves with the settlers then taking as much land as they did would've been nearly impossible, but since some tribes wanted the settlers help in order to steal land and resources from rival tribes, the process was much easier. So to blame the "slaughter" that occurred completely on the settlers is hypocritical because said slaughter only took place because some Native American tribes that were conquering assholes allied themselves with the settlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Was the White House actually built by slaves?

Nope, which is what the people who failed reading comprehension (or intentionally ignored) those who were slaves were slaves owned by the government.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Deleted
    It was a liiiittttle different, and has fuckall to do with the colonization fuckery that occurred.
    People sold people. That is the slave trade. You can dress it up in different names if you want, you can say it was different when white people did it if you want, but ultimately it always comes down to people selling people. It has existed since the dawn of time, and it exists to this day. The only reason it is not as widespread as it used to be is due to the influence of white people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    We as in the country that participated in the event. Be it America, England, France, Spain.. whatever.
    No, not what ever, because there are segnificant differences between all of those. Brittain, France and Dutch raped the fuck out Africa for centuries. It's not even unique to Africa, as the old slogan goes, 'the sun never sets on the British empire'. US had a longer impact on slavery, but had a much smaller impact on the general well being of Africa, as we were in a similar position prior to war of independence.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris193 View Post
    Oh look, the most racist party in history is race baiting again, imagine my shock

You must have failed US History. Since the Republican party was the one who was Anti-Slavery.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

People sold people. That is the slave trade. You can dress it up in different names if you want, you can say it was different when white people did it if you want, but ultimately it always comes down to people selling people. It has existed since the dawn of time, and it exists to this day. The only reason it is not as widespread as it used to be is due to the influence of white people.
    Ignoring the whole "stop blaming white people": you're straight-up wrong.

Slavery that transports you through continents, persists through children, and has you as non-human is vastly different than the majority of slavery, which would be far more akin to indentured labor, historically. Most slaves throughout history were less "they're property and you can kill them like an animal" and "they're a lower class, but they still have SOME rights, and can free themselves / be freed / set times for slavery with little complications"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Actually, a lot of Africa's problems today DO stem from European colonialism fucking them over.
    Like all the technology western countries spread to the rest of the world. That was also very generous and never taken into account.
    Education especially the effects in wellfare are of great value, although now you might get overpopulation if they still reproduce as if it wasn't present.

Admittingly a lot also coincided with tradedeals and the setup of factories of sort to trade good with. It's hard to say how much influence colonialism had a negative influence in todays situation. To my knowledge the warring and gruesome element would be present despite of it. It's that technology made it farther reaching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, not what ever, because there are segnificant differences between all of those. Brittain, France and Dutch raped the fuck out Africa for centuries. It's not even unique to Africa, as the old slogan goes, 'the sun never sets on the British empire'. US had a longer impact on slavery, but had a much smaller impact on the general well being of Africa, as we were in a similar position prior to war of independence.
    Yes white people were so terrible that they gave all the African colonies there freedom. So evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    The point (that went right over your head).
    If youre point is shit, as it was, Im not upset about missing what you meant by it, bc its shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes white people were so terrible that they gave all the African colonies there freedom. So evil.
    They gave back what they took away? Thats not being nice, thats trying to make up for a grave mistake. You understand that right?

Deleted
    Ignoring the whole "stop blaming white people": you're straight-up wrong.

Slavery that transports you through continents, persists through children, and has you as non-human is vastly different than the majority of slavery, which would be far more akin to indentured labor, historically. Most slaves throughout history were less "they're property and you can kill them like an animal" and "they're a lower class, but they still have SOME rights, and can free themselves / be freed / set times for slavery with little complications"
    And if you think all those things that you listed didn't exist in America, or that they existed in every single instance of slavery in the ancient world, you're straight up wrong.

Slavery is people selling people. The rights that slaves get were various depending entirely on the owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    You must have failed US History. Since the Republican party was the one who was Anti-Slavery.
    He is talking about now, not 150 years ago. 100 years ago, the first enviormentalist group in Sierra club, was conservative. Don't be surprised if you are mocked for claiming that GOP still represents those conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill O'Reilly saying something retarded? color me suprised!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You mean the corporations that made that computer you are clicking away at? The internet providers you are using? The clothing manufacturers that you use or the cars that you ride in? The groceries you shop in? Shouldn't you be scratching on a stone tablet in a field with burlap sacks on your feet to a pig fat candlelight? I'd find this corporate evil complaint to be at least believeable if you did.
    .....I was purely going about the concept of ruling elite. Not about evil something.....I can do that if you want :P.

The way your replying is telling though, might have also been with you already claiming consipracy theorist.

And if you think all those things that you listed didn't exist in America, or that they existed in every single instance of slavery in the ancient world, you're straight up wrong.

Slavery is people selling people. The rights that slaves get were various depending entirely on the owner.
    "slavery is just people selling people" is a really weird way to think of it, considering a great many slaves through history would contract themselves to a set term of slavery, but were never sold. Still slaves.

You're taking a weird and inconsistent view because "AMERICA WASN'T THAT BAD WITH IT IT'S BEEN THERE HISTORICALLY". That's stupid. You're not even bothering to talk about the issues, just "STOP BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE AND AMERICA".

Historically, slavery in America was fairly unique. As was most of the slave trade around that time. Because that's not how slavery generally worked, at all, in most places, nor was it the standard from where they were getting slaves in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck does them being white have to do with what I said? If I continuously kick you in the balls, does me stopping mean I am gracious? You are free to think I'm white or black or green or yellow or pink to answer that question... I don't give a shit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Bill O'Reilly saying something retarded? color me suprised!
    I'm surprised so many agree with him, not that he said it.

Deleted
    "slavery is just people selling people" is a really weird way to think of it, considering a great many slaves through history would contract themselves to a set term of slavery, but were never sold. Still slaves.
    Assuming the slaves that sold themselves into slavery were people, its still people selling people.

You're taking a weird and inconsistent view because "AMERICA WASN'T THAT BAD WITH IT IT'S BEEN THERE HISTORICALLY". That's stupid. You're not even bothering to talk about the issues, just "STOP BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE AND AMERICA".

Historically, slavery in America was fairly unique. As was most of the slave trade around that time. Because that's not how slavery generally worked, at all, in most places, nor was it the standard from where they were getting slaves in the first place.
    Ah right, so slavery isn't evil. Cool, we should bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You mean the corporations that made that computer you are clicking away at? The internet providers you are using? The clothing manufacturers that you use or the cars that you ride in? The groceries you shop in? Shouldn't you be scratching on a stone tablet in a field with burlap sacks on your feet to a pig fat candlelight? I'd find this corporate evil complaint to be at least believeable if you did.
    IBM, started in concentration camps in WW2.
    Internet providers pervert media.
    Clothes are made by child labours.
    Groceries are cheap because we exploit other nations resources.

What is it youre defending?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What the fuck does them being white have to do with what I said? If I continuously kick you in the balls, does me stopping mean I am gracious? You are free to think I'm white or black or green or yellow or pink to answer that question... I don't give a shit...
    If I have the ability to keep kicking you in the balls with absolutely no repercussions, then yes you should be grateful.