Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work for the secret remnants of the KGB and I've snapped all sorts of necks before, it's entirely possible, but it requires a lot of training and strength. Technique is extremely important.

Now, a regular human being would not be able to perform this kind of act upon a normal adult person.

Moderately sure its about angle and oppurtunity. The muscles in your neck are extremely strong, strong enough to break your own spine if you twist to hard. We all have mental stops that prevent us from hurting ourselves or causing damage to our own bodies. Its never going to be like the movies, but twisting the neck UP and sideways instead of trying to exorsist them is more viable, as well as breaking a neck from a front position by having thier head under your arms and lifting thier body to pressure the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    I work for the secret remnants of the KGB and I've snapped all sorts of necks before, it's entirely possible, but it requires a lot of training and strength. Technique is extremely important.

Now, a regular human being would not be able to perform this kind of act upon a normal adult person.
    You're also a BEAR, bears are pretty strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Hitting the ground with your body weight + whatever velocity = inhuman force

I'm sure someone ultra strong could potentially pull it off but I doubt your average person could.

Anyone could probably break someones neck with constant pressure but that quick sneak attack twist isn't gonna cut it
    From google:

A study of 12 karate black belts showed so-called reverse punches delivered an average force of 325 pounds, with the strongest measuring 412 pounds. Short-range power punches averaged 178 pounds. Another study found martial artists needed 687 pounds of force to break a concrete slab 1.5 inches thick.May 7, 2016

That seems very reasonable to me?

Regardless I dont think you'll be able to get that close to Trump to try.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    so i'm better off giving an indian rug burn to a person's neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    You lay on the ground and i'll do a running jump and stomp on your neck if you actually believe that's true. Or i'll put my knee on your back and tear your head back.
    Well, that might work. I was talking about what the OP described - From behind, with you hands/arms like in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's virtually impossible for a human being to snap another human being's neck as adults. If our necks were that easy to break, we'd all die the moment we turned our heads.
    Like that Key & Peele sketch.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    From google:

A study of 12 karate black belts showed so-called reverse punches delivered an average force of 325 pounds, with the strongest measuring 412 pounds. Short-range power punches averaged 178 pounds. Another study found martial artists needed 687 pounds of force to break a concrete slab 1.5 inches thick.May 7, 2016

That seems very reasonable to me?
    I've broken boards and concrete as a teenager in martial arts classes. It's less about the amount of force applied - which, I have to point out, comes from the core and hips, not from the arms - and how that force is applied to a piece of wood suspended at the edges. There is little resistance preventing me from carving through it. On the other hand, the human neck very seriously resists being turned around and it takes inhuman force to actually do that.

You need 1,000 - 1,250 lbs of force to break a human neck, or about double what you're talking about.

Deleted
    It's virtually impossible for a human being to snap another human being's neck as adults. If our necks were that easy to break, we'd all die the moment we turned our heads.
    Thats not true, there are some techniques wich make it easy managable to break a neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterscythe View Post
    Thats not true, there are some techniques wich make it easy managable to break a neck.
    If you can apply the required amount of force with a tool, yes. If you just come up behind someone and twist, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    If you can apply the required amount of force with a tool, yes. If you just come up behind someone and twist, no.
    were you sent back in time to snap our necks? Sounds like a bad movie from the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    so hollywood is full of shit?
    Always was

Deleted
    If you use the bodyweight of the opponent und use whole force and momentum of upper body and legs you can tear off the cervical spine easily
    Last edited by mmoced62d70dd9; 2016-07-27 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterscythe View Post
    If you use the bodyweight of the opponent und use whole force and momentum of upper body and legs you can tear off the cervical spine easily
    But that's more grabbing someone by the neck and tossing them around like a rag doll. Not quite the same as the fabled grab skull, twist, and snap.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm almost certain that as soon as you grab someones head the muscles will contract and tighten automatically, making it even harder for a human to apply enough force with only their body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    But that's more grabbing someone by the neck and tossing them around like a rag doll. Not quite the same as the fabled grab skull, twist, and snap.
    Thats true but the result is the same: a dead man with a broken neck...

Why are you asking, Jayburner?

In any case, the answer clearly is: harder than carrying around a chainsaw for such purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

In any case, the answer clearly is: harder than carrying around a chainsaw for such purposes.
    purely curiosity of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Made my day...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Pretty much this. It's not going to work the same way in real life that it does in the movies or in Metal Gear Solid. The whole "snap neck with your bare hands and it's over in two seconds" thing won't work in the real world unless you are like Incredible Hulk strong or have some kind of tools/leverage to work with.
    Snake is kind of "the perfect soldier" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne