Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It wasn't so much that I was recommending him for leader as I was pointing him out as an existing troll side character. Creating a new character would definitely be preferable, and hopefully what we'll see happen in a patch assuming Vol'jin won't return from the grave somehow.
    Sorry if my tone was a little bit off I did not think that you recommended him, but i just wanted to instate, that he is not really a character. He has as much character as some of the shadow hunters, which help you in your garrison, so next to none.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    I dont even know who that is
    That matters how?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Sorry if my tone was a little bit off I did not think that you recommended him, but i just wanted to instate, that he is not really a character. He has as much character as some of the shadow hunters, which help you in your garrison, so next to none.
    He had as much pre-WoW development as both Rexxar and Chen Stormstout, both of whom made their appearances in the same Warcraft 3 mission. They've both received a lot more love than Rokhan however, probably because they stood out more than "just another troll." That said, if they really wanted to do anything with him I don't think it'd be too difficult to give him the same treatment Rexxar and Chen had.

As he stands now though, you're right. He's a fairly bland shadow hunter with a name attached to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    difference is tirion's story was kind of over.
    Vol'jin on the other hand never got a chance to do anything as warchief.
    And what was left to do with Vol'jin? Have him throw more half-naked Troll morons at some meat-grinder, just changing it from a True Horde one to a Legion one? I mean, it would be funny to look at, but it would no longer be exciting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    He had as much pre-WoW development as both Rexxar and Chen Stormstout, both of whom made their appearances in the same Warcraft 3 mission. They've both received a lot more love than Rokhan however, probably because they stood out more than "just another troll." That said, if they really wanted to do anything with him I don't think it'd be too difficult to give him the same treatment Rexxar and Chen had.

As he stands now though, you're right. He's a fairly bland shadow hunter with a name attached to him.
    When i saw Rokhan for the first time in Wrath, after his role in the Rexxar story, i really thought he would get a huge role.... I was really sad to see, that he was just a generic troll, who only appeared in a single quest. Since then, his Rexxar-story story has faded and his character is only being carried by his actions in WoD, which is quite shameful.

I really hope, that some trolls are soon going to see some action in WoW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    We don't really have a Troll/Darkspear character, who can take Vol'jins place. Vol'jin has pretty much been the only main/side character, who is a troll. His death pretty much signals the end of the trolls as a horde faction, unless Blizzard start making some huge character creation in Legion.

We can always speculate, that some of the books might pull out some random character to be Darkspear leader, but in WoW, the game, there is a complete void, when it comes to troll characters.
    This is blizzards own fault and doing, they suck at putting focus on character-races and developing them properly. Gnomes and trolls have always been this way, and I said from when vol'jin became warchief it would be this way. It didn't put the trolls in any higher status because it didn't have anyone else beside vol'jin as a character.

Even with the troll lore surrounding so much of warcraft, the trolls of the horde are just forgettable, and this is on blizzard themselves. So unless they somehow make it that vol'jin comes back from the dead, and does something badass, even then it won't make up for the lack of character development in the troll faction.

This is also why having sylvanas as warchief is an awful idea, because the same will happen with her, and no other forsaken will take her place. The warchief mantle is a deathtrap for anyone, and the forsaken have nothing else to fall back on as strong as her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is blizzards own fault and doing, they suck at putting focus on character-races and developing them properly. Gnomes and trolls have always been this way, and I said from when vol'jin became warchief it would be this way. It didn't put the trolls in any higher status because it didn't have anyone else beside vol'jin as a character.

Even with the troll lore surrounding so much of warcraft, the trolls of the horde are just forgettable, and this is on blizzard themselves. So unless they somehow make it that vol'jin comes back from the dead, and does something badass, even then it won't make up for the lack of character development in the troll faction.

This is also why having sylvanas as warchief is an awful idea, because the same will happen with her, and no other forsaken will take her place. The warchief mantle is a deathtrap for anyone, and the forsaken have nothing else to fall back on as strong as her.
    With the Forsaken at least they're building up Nathanos Blightcaller. If Vol'jin is truly dead there are no noteworthy Darkspear npcs left beside Rokhan who is utterly bland, and Master Gadrin who has always been irrelevant after starting area.

Most races really don't have much in the way of backups really. The Tauren have Baine, but Hamuul Runetotem is pretty much a neutral druid now. Same for orcs, if Saurfang bites it only Eitrigg is left for them and he's even older, and his son Ariok is a monster now.
    Only Horde goblins have backups with Boss Mida and Gazlowe (even though he's not Bilgewater but Steamwheadle, he's pretty much part of the Horde).

Master gadrin seems like an obvious choice
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Master gadrin seems like an obvious choice
    But he doesn't even have a personality, blizzard would just make up shit about him not because of natural character progression but due to necessity. He'll be a complete mary sue, a real one this time, all because blizzard can't multitask

Gnomes, Trolls, Tauren literally have no one know to take the places of the current leaders.

Gnomes and Tauren have never gotten much attention in wow but trolls absence is 100% on the writers. Trolls as a whole race have some of the greatest tie ins and long standing history in lore.

Yet they somehow managed to make the playable faction, darkspear, do absolute shit for 5 expansions lol

They need a new troll character IMO . Maybe someone who brings in another/more tribes into the fold for the horde.

That female troll, who accompanied Vol'jin against Zalazane. Why not. Other than Vol'jin and maybe Rokhan, the trolls are underdeveloped and little appreciated, so might as well put a fairly unknown character in charge and build her from there. Worked with Lor'themar in the end, though I suggest they make the troll lady active much sooner than they did with him.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    That female troll, who accompanied Vol'jin against Zalazane. Why not. Other than Vol'jin and maybe Rokhan, the trolls are underdeveloped and little appreciated, so might as well put a fairly unknown character in charge and build her from there. Worked with Lor'themar in the end, though I suggest they make the troll lady active much sooner than they did with him.
    Could the trolls form a council similar to the dwarves? Vanira, Rokhan, and Gadrin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Could the trolls form a council similar to the dwarves? Vanira, Rokhan, and Gadrin.
    Yeah a faceless council like the one in xcom. Then they don't need interesting characters with actual background (aka more than "that female troll") and all they need is one guy with a good voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You can throw a random name and that would work. If it wasn't for Nathanos miracolously getting some attention in Legion, it would be pretty much the same as asking who would lead the Forsaken in case of Sylvanas' premature (or timely) departure. The Orcs didn't even have a leader for the whole of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    half-naked Troll morons
    To be fair, they look way more dressed than your average Deathguard (or rather the gear looks way sturdier).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

To be fair, they look way more dressed than your average Deathguard (or rather the gear looks way sturdier).

Are they actually wearing Elven and Orcish armor? Did not see that coming.

OT

They better build someone up soon or create a new Troll, because right now there is no replacement left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Are they actually wearing Elven and Orcish armor? Did not see that coming.
    Guess everything works when you need to gear yourself up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    With the Forsaken at least they're building up Nathanos Blightcaller. If Vol'jin is truly dead there are no noteworthy Darkspear npcs left beside Rokhan who is utterly bland, and Master Gadrin who has always been irrelevant after starting area.

Most races really don't have much in the way of backups really. The Tauren have Baine, but Hamuul Runetotem is pretty much a neutral druid now. Same for orcs, if Saurfang bites it only Eitrigg is left for them and he's even older, and his son Ariok is a monster now.
    Only Horde goblins have backups with Boss Mida and Gazlowe (even though he's not Bilgewater but Steamwheadle, he's pretty much part of the Horde).
    I'd say Sassy Hardwrench for Goblins. But yes, most races are fucked if anything happens to the current leader. With Varian just dead i'm sure we can go a few years before Anduin bites the dust, but nobody is left after him. Orcs have nothing, trolls have nothing, tauren have nothing. Draenei? Yrel maybe? Maraad is dead, Akama and Nobundo are neutral. Blood Elves? Ehhh no idea. Worgen? Crowley perhaps. Nathanos could work for the Forsaken, but it would be hard foir him to earn the same reverance. I mean the undead practically worship Sylvanas. It's pretty much over without her.

The Dwarves can relax. They have enough replacements. But what of Gnomes? There aren't even that many gnomes whose names are worth remembering. Millhouse Manastorm, Silas Darkmoon, and that's it. Millhouse is a lunatic and Silas is obviously evil and will have to be killed in a future expansion.

Deleted
    Rastakhan of course.

Was going to make a new thread, but found this one after a search. Now that Vol'jin is officially dead, who's going to lead the trolls? Sure, they could go with the flow and follow Saurfang's command since they're close to the orcs, but they no longer have any representation when the horde leaders meet. Maybe this is where we'll see the zandalari come in as an ally?

Deleted
    Darkspear Chieftan Griftah. Make it happen.