Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Australians violent crime rate, including home invasions sexual assaults and assault, increased by 50%
    Well that's just objectively false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    shh dont go bringing facts into this we all know how the left hates them
    By all means, let's bring facts into this.

Let's see the facts.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Well that's just objectively false.

- - - Updated - - -

By all means, let's bring facts into this.

Let's see the facts.
    You linked crime stats from an article posted in 2001 lol....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime

Damn those facts, the left must really hate them.
    The poster you replied too, replied to the poster saying Aussie crime stats went up 50%, and you posted a page that compares Aussie crime rate vs American crime rate, I fail to see how that relates.

I think you guys just google shit and link the first page you see without even reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You linked crime stats from an article posted in 2001 lol....
    Of course you didn't bother reading the article. Otherwise you'd have seen last date of update. As well as the following image:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you guys just google shit and link the first page you see without even reading it.
    That's pretty rich coming from someone that blatantly failed to read the article I linked.
    Eat yo vegetables

Of course you didn't bother reading the article. Otherwise you'd have seen last date of update. As well as the following image:

You're right, when it said 2001 I didn't bother to waste my time, because a person who actually knows how to update a web page would have noted the update at the top, not at the bottom of the page.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, when it said 2001 I didn't bother to waste my time, because a person who actually knows how to update a web page would have noted the update at the top, not at the bottom of the page.
    Your petty gripe with where the update is listed doesn't change the data.

You failed to read the article. You spouted off false information. Then you accused others of not reading articles.

I wish I were surprised by this type of behavior, but it's all too common in this thread.
    Eat yo vegetables

Your petty gripe with where the update is listed doesn't change the data.

You failed to read the article. You spouted off false information. Then you accused others of not reading articles.

I wish I were surprised by this type of behavior, but it's all too common in this thread.
    You can't understand why someone would not read an article about current crime statistics and the article is posted in 2001 with no notice of update in eye site view? That's a pretty unreasonable thought process right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't understand why someone would not read an article about current crime statistics and the article is posted in 2001 with no notice of update in eye site view? That's a pretty unreasonable thought process right there.
    I think it's incredibly hypocritical to accuse others of not reading articles, while in the EXACT SAME post demonstrating that you did not read an article. The reason for not reading it is highly unimportant. Fact remains, you didn't read it, and judged it nevertheless.

But all of that is really trivial. The most important thing to take away from all this is that Dystemper is a liar.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    The poster you replied too, replied to the poster saying Aussie crime stats went up 50%, and you posted a page that compares Aussie crime rate vs American crime rate, I fail to see how that relates.
    It´s to bring it into perspective... crime stats went up 50% means nothing when you don´t link crime stats.

1 murder last year, 2 murders this year, omg murders went up 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's incredibly hypocritical to accuse others of not reading articles, while in the EXACT SAME post demonstrating that you did not read an article. The reason for not reading it is highly unimportant. Fact remains, you didn't read it, and judged it nevertheless.

But all of that is really trivial. The most important thing to take away from all this is that Dystemper is a liar.
    I think it is more important to simply say he was wrong. Being mistaken and wrong are not the same thing as being a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

It´s to bring it into perspective... crime stats went up 50% means nothing when you don´t link crime stats.

1 murder last year, 2 murders this year, omg murders went up 100%.
    Well, comparing Australia to the US is also like comparing Vermont to Illinois.

I just had a thought, the left pushes a narrative that we have nvr been safer and that crime is down, while simultaneously pushing for stricter gun laws. Does that make sense? If guns r the problem but things r getting better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, comparing Australia to the US is also like comparing Vermont to Illinois.
    I have no idea what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I just had a thought, the left pushes a narrative that we have nvr been safer and that crime is down, while simultaneously pushing for stricter gun laws. Does that make sense? If guns r the problem but things r getting better?
    It´s not black and white.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    america will never give up there guns there to embedded in there society now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    america will never give up there guns there to embedded in there society now
    Grammar and spelling obviously aren't embedded in yours...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Grammar and spelling obviously aren't embedded in yours...
    I feel like we just narrowly missed the perfect storm of bad spelling.

Something like: "their to embedded in too there society over they're now"

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what that means.

- - - Updated - - -
    I will give you a hint. Comparing two countries or two states requires one to take into consideration social and other contributors besides blaming something on a single item like gun possession or access.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarz View Post
    why dont you follow your own advice after looking at Australia...derp
    Comparing apples to oranges derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I will give you a hint. Comparing two countries or two states requires one to take into consideration social and other contributors besides blaming something on a single item like gun possession or access.
    And i did no such thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And i did no such thing.
    Sorry. Was not trying to say you did. Was just pointing out it is something which some tend to do here. Like you said, statistics can mislead us sometimes unless you consider all the data.

In other depressing news today was the 4 month mark for my Gemtech MK9K. Still no sign of my paperwork.

15+ Year Old Account
    so dropped off another payment on my mpx and was tempted by a sig 226 legion in 357 mag if only i had an extra grand laying around
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together