Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Wasn't the only hard part there the first boss with certain add waves?
    People even getting to the first boss was the accomplishment.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Halls of Reflection was easy if you knew what to do like hiding at a corner for the mobs to get together for easy slaughtering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Halls of Reflection was easy if you knew what to do like hiding at a corner for the mobs to get together for easy slaughtering.
    You needed to have people dispelling the rogue poisons, not have aggro on the ranged riflemen, interrupt the priests, not get nuked down by the mages, and be able to survive the tank being stunned for three seconds with all of the above wailing on him.

For PuG groups, that's a pretty tall order, especially considering that people are having troubles now with just surviving banal TBC/WotLK trash packs that don't do any of that nonsense.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Honestly I think a lot of this is because tanks don't understand the new way of tanking, they refuse to realize that they need to hold abilities until they need them, not to just use it because they have it off cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You needed to have people dispelling the rogue poisons, not have aggro on the ranged riflemen, interrupt the priests, not get nuked down by the mages, and be able to survive the tank being stunned for three seconds with all of the above wailing on him.

For PuG groups, that's a pretty tall order, especially considering that people are having troubles now with just surviving banal TBC/WotLK trash packs that don't do any of that nonsense.
    I loved that dungeon! So much going on in that fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Pit of Saron:

Boss 3: run away when he gets the buff. stop dps if you have the debuff, run away if you have the freezing debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Honestly I think a lot of this is because tanks don't understand the new way of tanking, they refuse to realize that they need to hold abilities until they need them, not to just use it because they have it off cd.

Really easy to do as blood when i got 40k hp and forceful smash hits me for 45k, gotta use vamp blood or ams (with +25%hp talent) and guess when its coming and hope i time it right
    Last edited by Frolk; 2016-07-27 at 10:11 PM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

no back then all you needed was a resto druid and hide behind a corner.. was pretty much the only time i've healed and it worked every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Really easy to do as blood when i got 40k hp and forceful smash hits me for 45k, gotta use vamp blood or ams (with +25%hp talent) and guess when its coming and hope i time it right
    The journal says forceful smash does 39k damage, probably additionally mitigted by armor. If you're getting hit for 45k then it must have been with unholy power, so you either wasn't kiting or his speed was increased, like in our case, which made it impossible to kite him
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Good thing I already have all the items from the last WotLK timewalking. Is there any other good reason to run them?
    1. For the event quest (500 currency)
    2. For the gear and mounts (Drake+Wraithcharger)
    -most importantly-
    3. For FUN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    no back then all you needed was a resto druid and hide behind a corner.. was pretty much the only time i've healed and it worked every time.
    Getting people to effectively hide in that little nook was a problem unto itself, seeing as you'd never have LOS of the entire room.

The ranged rifelmen guys usually aggroed the healers from afar and the tanks never got it through their heads to pull them
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    The journal says forceful smash does 39k damage, probably additionally mitigted by armor. If you're getting hit for 45k then it must have been with unholy power, so you either wasn't kiting or his speed was increased, like in our case, which made it impossible to kite him
    can nontanks please stop commenting on this, forceful smash in TW has been an issue in TW for non-well geared tanks (GIVEN THIS IS INTENDED FOR PEOPLE LEVELLING TO ACCOMPLISH) since day 1, and now tanks are weaker. Ofcourse it's even more ridiculous and it has nothing to do with the kiting.

Also when has the dungeon journal ever been correct?

@Kaleredar if people were IN the nook it LOS'd the entire room and made the entire thing fairly easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    can nontanks please stop commenting on this, forceful smash in TW has been an issue in TW for non-well geared tanks (GIVEN THIS IS INTENDED FOR PEOPLE LEVELLING TO ACCOMPLISH) since day 1, and now tanks are weaker. Ofcourse it's even more ridiculous and it has nothing to do with the kiting.
    Druid tank here in ilvl 690 gear, who was getting 26k-35k forceful smash hits outside of unholy power, and 49k melee hits with unholy power. Need screens from recount?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Druid tank here in ilvl 690 gear, who was getting 26k-35k forceful smash hits outside of unholy power, and 49k melee hits with unholy power. Need screens from recount?
    690 is not well geared, not at this level. Come back when you are 720 or higher.

Getting people to effectively hide in that little nook was a problem unto itself, seeing as you'd never have LOS of the entire room.

The ranged rifelmen guys usually aggroed the healers from afar and the tanks never got it through their heads to pull them
    might be a regional thing.. here it was never an issue.. you park yourself in one corner(stack) and all mobs would gather at your location. if not you probably did not gather at the right spot. mages would occasionally teleport away but that was really a non issue aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    690 is not well geared, not at this level. Come back when you are 720 or higher.
    well geared in a tw with fixed ilvl, well memed bro

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our group just got destroyed by the last boss in PoS. After 2-3 tries, and reading the journal, we came up with a proper strategy, but then weird thing happened - after getting unholy power the boss started moving faster instead of slower (I'm pretty sure that on first tries he was moving slower). I wasn't able to run away from him even in cat form with dash active. After it happening 3 times in a row we quit. Is there some reason why he moved so fast or was that a bug?
    Yeah kite him through the ice and gg

THE GAME IS TOO HARD! You can't aoe pull 5 packs anymore you have to actually try boohooo!!!!

I love that Blizzard implemented the Timewalking feature. Welcome to when wow WAS NOT complete faceroll c:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    THE GAME IS TOO HARD! You can't aoe pull 5 packs anymore you have to actually try boohooo!!!!
    +1
    /10 charrrr

Someone either did not read the post and thread or has piss poor comprehension

More like I have 3 buttons now and there's literally fuck all to do other than press them on CD while getting faceraped. Much skill, wow.