Deleted

Often overlooked aspect of raid performance (warning: may contain science)

So lots, of people as about and provide advice on such varied aspects of raiding as: raid setup, when to use cooldowns, addons to use, keyboard and mouse, stat priority, etc. But I never see anything about the person on the end of the computer, as if that's not a variable factor. Well, the science teacher in me finally got out and went on a rampage as I compare some of the aspects of raiding with sitting exams, something I've researched a lot into over the years, and so I've provided a few pieces of what I feel are relevant lines of thinking into getting yourself in the best shape for a raid. It's a take it or leave it guide, and I'm sure most will leave it, but I'm sure it does no harm to think about a few of the things in the video:

High end raiding & retribution paladin, its been scientifically proven that this is not a viable combination. (JUST A JOKE PLEASE NO BAN.)

Interesting video, I knew most of this but perhaps my raiders will start listening to stop chugging monster during progression.

So a 10 minute video to say exercise, drink water and eat good food?

Now if you made a video so we could be alert during your videos that would be ace!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thanks for the TL;DR.

Whenever I heard someone in my guild talking about getting drunk for Mythic Archimonde progression, I just smiled slightly, and said nothing. Same for people who talked about (as an example) how late they stay up waiting on a rare spawn, then bitch during raid about being tired. I mean, wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Just another youtuber scraping for views. I mean, why make a point in 1-3 sentences when you could drop a 10 minute video?

So, eat and drink healthy and being in shape? I've been telling my raiders this for going on 8 years now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Yea. But common sense dies years ago, so people need this kind of elaborate crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotch View Post
    Just another youtuber scraping for views. I mean, why make a point in 1-3 sentences when you could drop a 10 minute video?
    Isn't that exactly how FinalbossTV videos are? And look how famous he is!

Deleted
    Please let the medical experts deal with nutrition. The area is so absurdly badly researched that not even most doctors know anything right about it. e.g. whole grain pasta (the whole grain part changes little) is one of the most dangerous foods of the western diet.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Please let the medical experts deal with nutrition. The area is so absurdly badly researched that not even most doctors know anything right about it. e.g. whole grain pasta (the whole grain part changes little) is one of the most dangerous foods of the western diet.
    Ill agree that doctors should stick to what they're best at which is making money for the pharmaceutical companies and leave nutrition for people who have studied that field... but i strongly disagree that whole grain pasta is a danger. What people seem to do is they see a so called 'clean & healthy' food and load their plate up, portion control is the main cause of obesity in the west. The Chinese eat rice all day yet they don't have nearly as many obese people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's "little known"? It's wheat and wheat is essentially poison. The only grain I eat is oat.

At above, rice =/= wheat. Macaroni, pasta, bread etc.

When you think about unhealthy foods like wraps, pasta, pizza, hamburgers, pastries, pies, cookies, white bread etc. you notice that all of these examples contain wheat.

In addition to wheat, another silent killer is salt. By removing these you are already doing pretty well unless you for instance eat a ton of candy or other obviously stupid things. Note that you can't fully remove salt intake as that's going to the other extreme but most people could probably drop 80% of the salt they intake and experience only health benefits. Removing salted foods takes care of things like processed foods and potato chips etc. so you are already well on your way to a healthy diet.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-07-29 at 02:20 AM.

Deleted
    itz WoW, not WHO. some of us r best when we r down. and some of us r even best when others rnt down.

and some of those nutrition tips are not supported by the WHO, nor verified.
    what is not a verification: a video on youtube featuring a woman, who claims to "eat" light.