Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    One correction... the supposedly white latino man who shot Trayvon Martin while getting curb stomped by him
    Yeah, you're right about that. Correction noted.

So, I assume you support George Zimmerman in filing suit against NBC for libel?
    Yes, he's entitled to sue them. I take it that means you think the two from the OP should be sued as well?

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Yes, he's entitled to sue them. I take it that means you think the two from the OP should be sued as well?
    Probably. I've seen the videos and they look pretty highly edited to make their partisan case. There is a slight difference though. PP is a public institution and George Zimmerman was a private individual. There is a much higher standard to met for libel against a public institution or person.

who could be pro-life when life is so depressing

Probably. I've seen the videos and they look pretty highly edited to make their partisan case. There is a slight difference though. PP is a public institution and George Zimmerman was a private individual. There is a much higher standard to met for libel against a public institution or person.
    You need sufficient proof that damages were sustained.

Considering in how many states PP lost funding as a direct result of those videos, I think that can be demonstrated.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2016-07-27 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    You need sufficient proof that damages were sustained.

Considering in how many states PP lost funding as a direct result of those videos, I think that can be demonstrated.
    True, but the likelihood of getting more from those two wingnuts than it costs in litigation is pretty unlikely

BTW, "Cleared of all charges," in this case means the charges were dismissed on a technicality. Literally on the fact that a judge thought the grand jury apparently didn't have the authority to indite on those charges because those charges weren't the ones the prosecutor was seeking when he convened the grand jury. In other words, a technicality where a judge over-ruled the will of a grand jury because the prosecutor was using his office as a political tool. It's amazing that he did, because the argument used was, "We don't charge everyone who tries to buy alcohol with a fake id with a felony." That argument is in a supposedly victimless crimes. This case had a victim that was being attacked for political purposes. It was deserving of the charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    This is where you're wrong. I cant speak for anyone else, but I am pro-life, and am of the opinion of giving as much help and support we can to assist the caretaker of the unwanted baby. If a baby is born that is not wanted, instead of aborted, he deserves a chance. You'll find it's much easier to adopt your baby away when they're newborn rather than a year or two old. The first step would be providing ways to find those looking. Do you ever wonder why people end up looking overseas to adopt a baby? Cost is another big issue. If a baby is unwanted, and there is a good person or family who is willing to take care of the baby, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to adopt. Sure, do background checks, have CPS or whoever visit the family that is interested to make a valid opinion on their ability to take care of the baby, but don't make it cost 20,000 dollars to adopt a baby.

Step 1) reduce costs of adoption
    Step 2) Provide assistance/aid to the baby (monetary and formula for her)

Whoever is telling you this lie that pro-life conservatives don't care about the baby after its born need to stop.
    You overlooked how expensive being pregnant is, plus delivery. If you want to help mothers, instead of after the fact being all "here! we'll help!" you know, after the traumatic exercise of giving birth and realizing you can't afford it, get them help with pre-natal care on top of what you mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

True, but the likelihood of getting more from those two wingnuts than it costs in litigation is pretty unlikely
    I'm sure they don't expect to get their money back. Production companies don't expect to get millions of dollars from individuals in piracy suits. It's a way to stop the offending party from having the means to try that shit again, as well as sending a message to others thinking about committing libel/slander to defame a company that there will be consequences to their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You overlooked how expensive being pregnant is, plus delivery. If you want to help mothers, instead of after the fact being all "here! we'll help!" you know, after the traumatic exercise of giving birth and realizing you can't afford it, get them help with pre-natal care on top of what you mentioned
    My wife has had two children. I know what the cost is to be pregnant and deliver a baby. The prenatal vitamin is about 60 dollars every 3 months. The prenatal visits are free with insurance. The ultrasound is about 200 dollars. So, about 380 dollars to be pregnant. Then, delivery. Our first was with a midwife at home (a home birth) and was about 1500 dollars. The second we did at the hospital and was about 4,000 dollars. But guess what? If you plan for an adoption, the person adopting the baby pays for the medical costs at the hospital. I do think those costs need to come down, too, but that's a different topic. Adoption should not cost as much as it does now, plain and simple.

Also, we know all about trauma. I'm not going to pretend it isn't easy, but it is exhilarating. (And besides, the majority of births are uneventful and normal) The adrenaline starts going, and hearing that first cry... amazing. Our first at home went just fine. Our hospital birth, the doctor basically tugged the placenta and caused my wife to hemorrhage and so that was not very good. But, she didn't need any blood transfusions or anything. In both cases my wife didn't use any medication and didn't even have an IV. After she hemorrhaged, they got an IV and started medicating her so it wouldn't hurt when they reached in to clear blood clots inside the uterus. But that's not the norm, anyway.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2016-07-28 at 04:39 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__