Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seems like Pit of Saron was hotfixed.

No more icepatches covering 90% of the room or tanks getting oneshotted by forceful smash.

Deleted
    "We dont know mechanics at all, so we wipe like morons, it must be too hard!"

Can they fix pets being one shotted by everything in the game please.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i was in as fury dd, and holy fuck the tanks this days are STUPID as fuck. they dont know mechanics at all, and get oneshot from stuff because they dont use their migitation abilities and pull big groups. especially those average bear druids are like the most stupid tanks ever.

Yes dmg on tanks is big if u dont use any tank abilities and just stand there and take face like a fucking mage tank

so after the first few wipes and our bear was like blaming the helaer, we votekick him. Ii respec tank and go in. NO FUCKING PROBLEM. just use your migitation abilities as tank. Its mostly stupid tanks, and people not following the fights mechanics.

Pit of saron is totaly np if tank kites enrage over frostpatches, and peopel are aware of their curse (or whatever it is). IF th tank gets those 40 k hits , its because he is stupid. btw: back than in wotlk, the enrage killed raid geared tanks too.
    migitation abilities haha i dont know about other tanks but dks got the shaft on that one.

Oh, it was just the pit of sauron? We did that earlier today and wiped like 10 times despite a tank who knew all tactics and guided us carefully. Wanted to give up on Wotlk timewalking but seems like that was the only stupid one. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Last boss in Pit of Saron = never tank always kite
    thing is my blood dk could just face tank him not even give a F, outheal him solo who needs a healer.

now you feel like you're level 70 and he's level 80 and you shouldn't really be in there, this should be called TW v2 - you get nerfed!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    migitation abilities haha i dont know about other tanks but dks got the shaft on that one.
    spam marrowrend some more, that'll fix it right?

I wondered what the hell was happening last night!!! Everyone (not 100% about the healer actually healing people...) were doing the mechanics and still died. The tank said "would be nice if we had more than ZERO dps" before rage quitting the group LOL

Would have been nice to actually have gotten a heal LOL

Did Pit of Saron today with a totally shit guild group from Korgath, highlight of which was a lock trolling his own guild (and me) by pulling extra packs with dots. 185g in repairs, only made it through the first 2 bosses and this group couldn't even beat the first caster pack leading up the ramp because they derp dps'd anything without focusing the flame guys and we wiped. Bailed after that, fucking stupid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahn'kahet....

The tank and one dps were claiming the instance is bugged when they died 5+ times to Shadow Blast on the first trash packs. 0 interrupts on a what...6 second cast?

Then we wiped on the first boss, the tank claimed the boss is bugged. They didn't understand you need to kill the guardian before you can kill the small adds that rape the healer.......

So terrible bugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

One of my earlier Pit of Saron runs today started with the tank saying "First time for me ".

Just by that phrase and emote i already knew it was going to be golden. We get to the first boss, i explain that the main important mechanic is to run behind rocks to reset stacks whenever he jumps to the forges. 3/5 people don't do it (including the tank obviously) and we wipe. I shrug it off because it was the first pull and again stress the importance of resetting stacks.

Second pull, tank tries to be smart and attacks one of the small adds that pull with the boss and respawn everytime. I don't know if he missed the enormous frost giant bolting towards the healer or if his singular brain cell stopped working for 5-10 seconds, but the boss decimated the healer and 2 dps (who were cleaving / aoe'ing) before he ever targetted the tank.

After that i instantly vote kicked the tank (which passed in 2 seconds), ain't nobody got time for that.

Excluding the bugs, those instances were hard in their time too, so they shouldn't feel like a walk in the park now

Deleted
    Ran POS earlier with a keyboard turning tank, last boss took like 4 pulls before we killed it - most of the deaths were by people not stopping dps on time when they get that "damage you do is mirrored to the tank" thing.

Sounds like the OP just wasn't following the mechanics though if he had trouble with the first boss.

A lot of POS is like that, if you ignore mechanics (stacking ice debuff you need to LOS on first boss, AOE explosion and kiting phase on 2nd, hellfire from the zombie adds after 2nd boss, kiting / stopping dps on Tyranus) you'll wipe.
    If you do the fight properly it doesn't feel that bad though, might wipe once or twice to mistakes but the dungeon is fine imo, just not as faceroll as the rest.

Deleted
    Overall I wish more dungeons had mechanics like PoS does. It actually feels like you have to understand the fights and only players who can actually play the game somewhat get through them. This in turn vastly improves the skill level of the player base. So many dungeon fights are pure faceroll where you don't have to do anything but tunnel the boss that I feel like a large majority of the players then become unable to do anything else.

If I compare this to Final Fantasy XIV, the mechanics in PoS are actually pretty basic. Just about every dungeon in FFXIV from like lvl 32 on has important mechanics you need to do that are much more complicated than anything in PoS. As an example, the lvl 32 dungeon's final boss spews pools of poison. These pools of poison damage and poison anyone standing on them and heals the boss when the boss is standing in them. This means that the tank has to move a ton during the fight and the party has to bait the poison at the edges of the room. It sticks for a long time and there's a ton of movement and thought involved. It's a leveling story dungeon that's mandatory for everyone to complete.

Even for completely new tanks, this is something they can usually do on the first try after some explaining. I feel like WoW sells its players short if they think that stuff like this is too complicated for WoW players.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-07-28 at 02:32 AM.

i kinda wonder if your tank was one of the tanks that didnt kite the boss when he went stupidly strong mode. i kinda feel like that was the issue. no tanks kite him.

I tanked PoS earlier tonight, it was great fun, I really hope they keep it like this, and I hope mythic+ is hard like that too.

Today was a real test in patience in TW. I did about 10 runs on various toons. As a healer, tanks are getting hit a lot harder, as a healer, our heals are way less effective, as dps, it's pretty annoying watching the tank/healer flail miserably and then face pull rage quit.

The difficulty is good and somewhat refreshing but its not tuned for todays player base and random lfg dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    Seems like Pit of Saron was hotfixed.

No more icepatches covering 90% of the room or tanks getting oneshotted by forceful smash.
    Cool. Sometimes they fix things.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not see any special problems with TW overall this week, only with that one boss fight in Pit of Saron. Now that it's fixed, I'm of the opinion that everything is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I tanked PoS earlier tonight, it was great fun, I really hope they keep it like this, and I hope mythic+ is hard like that too.
    Was that before or after they hotfixed Tyranus? Did the fight work the way it always has or was he doing weird stuff you'd never seen before?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i kinda wonder if your tank was one of the tanks that didnt kite the boss when he went stupidly strong mode. i kinda feel like that was the issue. no tanks kite him.
    Nope. I know how to kite him. I've kited him for years now, since the dungeon first launched in WoLK. Today he was killing people with the knockback shot that is supposed to help you get away from him - the one that sends you back over the ice. It's not a case of tanks not knowing the fight, it (was) a case of the fight having changed. Apparently it's been fixed now.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Timewalking is a trainwreck. Nobody seems to be doing enough damage anymore, and my heals are waaay too slow. The tanks are taking hits close to half their health from ONE mob in some of them. If there are more than one mob, the tank will die before my surge of healing gets off.

Do not try to heal as disc in time walking, by the way. There is just no way.

Also, tried to do Loken in halls of lightning, which goes like this:

-Stack on boss, closer to the boss you are the less damage his aura does
    -At some point he'll start channeling a big aoe which you have to move away from him for, then collapse back on him for his aura

Well shit, the dungeon guide said his big aoe is ZERO yards from him, so as long as you're more than 1 yard from him you should be fine. Nope, not so, entering ghost wolf / heroic leaping / disengaging away from him is still too close.

No matter how far the group went from him, his aoe would reduce the entire group to below 1/8 hp, and then his aura tick would kill his before we could even start moving back to him.

It was fucking ridiculous. We tried 6 times with a slew of different people (half of which were like "this was so not this hard in wrath..").

Gave up, won't be time walking again until I have a beefed up artifact.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with a lot of stuff (and I have trouble soloing 10m normal mogu'shan vaults where I could rip through it on 2 characters prior to the patch) is that blizzard made us intentionally weak so when we get our artifact, we will notice a huge artificial power spike back to levels we saw prior to the patch, if not slightly higher, thus making the artifacts feel really "epic" and "powerful."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    More like I have 3 buttons now and there's literally fuck all to do other than press them on CD while getting faceraped. Much skill, wow.
    Yeah, he needs to change 5 packs to one pack with one cc'd mob, and "actually try" to "okay I'm going to use bloodlust on this pack because my fastest healing skill is not able to out heal the damage of these mobs."

Scourgelord Tyrannus definitely has not been hotfixed, I kept getting oneshot by Forceful Smash every time, outside of Unholy Power buff of course. Unless Blizzard really changed the tactics on that one (= kiting it the whole time as someone posted earlier).

But then getting answers to this problem has mostly been "l2p issue", I guess I'll keep waiting for an answer how to predict an unpredictable attack that will oneshot you.