Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dinosaurs did exist and still do exist. Birds are dinosaurs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Here is a link to a bible verse hinting at dinosaurs existence in Christianity and Judaism.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+41

AkA the Leviathan, A Giant Sea Beast.

Also google ancient civilizations and dinosaurs. How would these Ancient Cultures have been able to perfectly depicted dinosaurs if they had not seen them walking around.

https://apologeticspress.org/apconte...9&article=2444
    They are not perfectly depicted.

The "plates" above the creature is most likely background decoration as many of the other carvings in that temple also have backgrounds of their own. And if you look at the head, it looks nothing like a Stegosaurus - but it looks very similar to a Rhinoceros's head.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I used to go to Church when I was a child, And that question gets passed around a loooooooooooooot, and I've seen many vicars/priests/nuns and a Bishop give their stance on it, And they all say "Well obviously they did" I've never seen/heard a religious person deny them existing personally.
    No sensible one anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

The "plates" above the creature is most likely background decoration as many of the other carvings in that temple also have backgrounds of their own. And if you look at the head, it looks nothing like a Stegosaurus - but it looks very similar to a Rhinoceros's head.
    Those are about as convincing as the ancient aliens and the mayans drew spaceships bs.

People like to see patterns where none exist, or mistake a pattern for something they are more familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No sensible one anyway.
    cool deal, so this one thing determines if a religious person is sensible or not. I better start asking this to figure out if I should continue talking to people or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Of course they are real.

Only narrow minded idiots believe that it is all faked.
    Hey man the recent movement of people reverting to the idea that the earth is flat proves that even the most idiotic idea is possible.

I still consider myself Seventh-Day Adventist (at least in part) [probably due to brainwashing] but SDAs believe that a woman named Ellen G. White (who was hit in the head with a brick and THEN started having visions) had a vision that depicted a time before the flood and the people of the time were quite possibly a more advanced society that created these "monsters" by a series of inter species breeding that included both angels and demons.

Bottom line is dinosaurs don't really fit in most religion's creation story/beginning of time story. So to claim the fossils we have dug up are a fabrication is quite frankly an obvious defense. Now how paleontologists determine things like T-Rex was actually a scavenger (not a predator) or that in the last 30 years they have "discovered" that velociraptors had feathers and were not scaled like a lizard... I don't know. Some of those theories I think are a bit of fiction and pseudoscience... but to question their existence entirely is ridiculous.

People believe there are aliens and that area 51 holds the proof of that. But display a full or partial skeleton of a creature that lived before our time and its fabricated. I guess seeing is not believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I think they are, however things like this http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...aurus-is-back/ make me laugh and should make people question it. "It's not real because the bones don't match! ... ... oh wait nvm."
    What you should really be questioning is the media hype surrounding that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What you should really be questioning is the media hype surrounding that.
    I didn't even hear it much. I'm pretty sure it's the same reason you hear of certain shootings in certain areas over others. There's real no reason for it. At least that one was more scientific than which shooting should be a larger part of the media than another.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They surmised T-Rex was a scavenger because it's bite was toxic in the same fashion the same fashion that a komodo dragon's is toxic. It basically causes items it bites flesh to go rotten. The T-Rex is then believe to simply wait for things it bit to die and then eat them. This is found by examining the skull.

Steven Spielberg provided video proof of life way back in '93. How is this even still a question?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I think they are, however things like this http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...aurus-is-back/ make me laugh and should make people question it. "It's not real because the bones don't match! ... ... oh wait nvm."
    I think this brings up a good point about paleontology as a whole though. Very few specimens have a complete skeletal structure. Many times they are assembled in way that is more art/preference or is based on existing organisms. Something as simple as placing the hips in reverse for example changes both how a creature looks and how it would function biologically/mechanically. I think most of it is inspired science. I also think there is a lot of room for... oh whats the right word... interpretation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Steven Spielberg provided video proof of life way back in '93. How is this even still a question?
    I watched the shit out of that VHS.

Here is a link to a bible verse hinting at dinosaurs existence in Christianity and Judaism.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+41

AkA the Leviathan, A Giant Sea Beast.

Also google ancient civilizations and dinosaurs. How would these Ancient Cultures have been able to perfectly depicted dinosaurs if they had not seen them walking around.

https://apologeticspress.org/apconte...9&article=2444
    Hmm,

"Flames stream from its mouth;
    sparks of fire shoot out.
    20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
    as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
    21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
    and flames dart from its mouth."

Yep, sounds like a dinosaur to me. What's weird is that one is still the leviathan, so it'd be a fire-breathing, underwater dragon. Someone tell me how that works.

And on the second one, oh gee, I don't know, maybe the same way we do now, looking at bones and drawing artistic representations of them?
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-07-28 at 12:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Ofc they existed. The aliens brought them to earth to help build the pyramids.

No dinosaurs were just a hoax initiated by Jimmy Carter in 1978

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

We have not perfectly depicted dinosaurs either. They most likely have seen them and are perfectly depicting them

No, they were obviously planted in the ground by the devil to test our faith.

Yes

Totally.

They were real. It is a scientific fact backed up by more than a century of research and extensive fossil evidence.

What one thinks of this, or what one's religious beliefs are surrounding it, is irrelevant as facts do not require faith in order to be empirically provable.

We have not perfectly depicted dinosaurs either. They most likely have seen them and are perfectly depicting them
    Humans and dinosaurs evolved millions of years apart from one another; And by the time humans came around, all of the reptilian mega-fauna we know as dinosaurs were long-dead. So it is highly unlikely any ancient civilizations saw them either.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2016-07-28 at 01:11 AM.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they exist? sure. Did they exist in the forms we know them to? Eh.. I dunno.

They still exist we call them birds.

How can dinosaurs be real if our eyes aren't real?