Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think if Bill O'reilly thinks slavery wasn't so bad - he should submit to being my slave?

Wouldn't be so bad, right Bill?

Yep.
    Sure love when Canadians point out American racism, cough cough https://inequalitygaps.org/first-tak...of-aborginals/
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    That's not what I said at all, the Hispanic vote was actually trending towards republicans around the 30 - 35%. It would not have taken a lot for republicans to dominate this demographic, Donald Trump has gone out of his way to send those numbers in the opposite direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, they should cater to Hispanics by not having the presidential candidate whine that a Judge is biased against him because "He's Mexican"

This has everything to do with one candidate. Not the republican party

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why do people feel such a strong need to defend slavery?
    Because it isnt defending slavery, It is defending the explanation of how the US government treated slaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    If you say so.

Back to explaining how slavery wasn't so bad now
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    If you say so.

Back to explaining how slavery wasn't so bad now
    Yeah..tell me again how Cruz, the preferred candidate or Rubio, the other preferred candidate is racist against Hispanics. Oh that's right they must have been running for the Democrat nomination.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because it isnt defending slavery, It is defending the explanation of how the US government treated slaves.

Riiiiight, one candidate. The candidate that was voted to represent their party to enact their policies at the highest level. Are you saying that even though he was voted to be the representative of the Republican Party, he is not representative of the Republican Party?

Okaaaaaay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think if Bill O'reilly thinks slavery wasn't so bad - he should submit to being my slave?

Wouldn't be so bad, right Bill?
    That sounds kinky and gross.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Riiiiight, one candidate. The candidate that was voted to represent their party to enact their policies at the highest level. Are you saying that even though he was voted to be the representative of the Republican Party, he is not representative of the Republican Party?

Okaaaaaay.
    No he isn't representative of the Republican party. He has split the Republican party. I don't know if you noticed or not Trump has the nomination because the Republican establishment tried to force Bush on the voters and they rebelled. Hell, how the fuck do you think Cruz, Rubio and others even got elected to their positions?

You honestly think the Republican party and voters hate Hispanics? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Sure love when Canadians point out American racism, cough cough https://inequalitygaps.org/first-tak...of-aborginals/
    Aboriginal Canadians need some help from the Canadian government. They also face some racism.

Aboriginal Americans need more help from the American government. Since their earnings are about the same as Latino and Black Americans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You can't reason with the supposed "left" or "liberals" on these forums or pretty much in the world these days. If a conservative said it, they're trying to re-enslave blacks
    No. They're trying to enslave 99% of the entire nation's populace by not wanting to give people an honest livable minimum wage. Race doesn't apply, anymore.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

7+ Year Old Account
    No he isn't representative of the Republican party. He has split the Republican party. I don't know if you noticed or not Trump has the nomination because the Republican establishment tried to force Bush on the voters and they rebelled. Hell, how the fuck do you think Cruz, Rubio and others even got elected to their positions?

You honestly think the Republican party and voters hate Hispanics? Come on...
    Why did they vote for him then? You are still trying to say the person who they voted to be the representative of their party is somehow not the representative of their party.

Keep living in denial, it's a happy place, but in order to function in society, you can't make up your own realty. You seem to have a lot of personality traits in common with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That doesn't make any sense...
    If I said "Even though they treated the slaves better than others, they were still slaves that built it.", does that means I'm minimizing the slavery aspect?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No. They're trying to enslave 99% of the entire nation's populace by not wanting to give people an honest livable minimum wage. Race doesn't apply, anymore.
    Riiiight, show me all those Democrat governors who raised the minimum wage to a "livable" wage before Occupy etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Why did they vote for him then? You are still trying to say the person who they voted to be the representative of their party is somehow not the representative of their party.

Keep living in denial, it's a happy place, but in order to function in society, you can't make up your own realty. You seem to have a lot of personality traits in common with Trump.
    You do realize you can vote for someone and not be 100% in agreement with all their policies? You realize people could vote for someone because of their stance on gun rights and not for their stance on North Korea right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Riiiight, show me all those Democrat governors who raised the minimum wage to a "livable" wage before Occupy etc..

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize you can vote for someone and not be 1% in agreement with all their policies? You realize people could vote for someone because of their stance on gun rights and not for their stance on North Korea right?

Youd have a point if Trumps anti-Muslim and anti-Hispanic stances weren't pretty much the entire point of his campaign.

Sorry, the republicans voted Trump. Trump is now the Republican Party, and the Republican Party is trump.

This goes back to the original point - if they truly wanted to reach out to the Hispanic community, they wouldn't have voted in a racist. The tepublican votes clearly didn't think the negative of his racism was enough of a problem. Way to show you care about inclusion.

Youd have a point if Trumps anti-Muslim and anti-Hispanic stances weren't pretty much the entire point of his campaign.

Sorry, the republicans voted Trump. Trump is now the Republican Party, and the Republican Party is trump.

This goes back to the original point - if they truly wanted to reach out to the Hispanic community, they wouldn't have voted in a racist. The tepublican votes clearly didn't think the negative of his racism was enough of a problem. Way to show you care about inclusion.
    No, they voted for him because he was anti establishment. You don't get it because you are happy with how the establishment in both parties fucked us voters over the last 20 years.

The point of his campaign is jobs. He appeals to people who have seen their jobs outsourced. He can't bring them back, but the people who are unemployed or underemployed don't want to hear that. They want jobs.
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-07-28 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Old white conservative men should probably not talk positively about slavery.

It never ends well for them.
    k im asian brown and not rich.

slavery was the greatest thing to happen to blacks in america. if not for slavery they simply would not exist. how is that not bad? many people have the facts of slavery wrong. blacks were able to own blacks. blacks were able to read, write and even become lawyers/lawmakers. blacks were able to buy their freedom or be freed at theirs master's discretion which happened quite often. at the inception of USA slavery was banned in many states. people dont even know that, they think slavery was everywhere in USA. so many mistakes by people that refuse to listen and just want to label it "horrible". look at the people living in africa right NOW. that is HORRIBLE. get over it black people in america, you have it good and all due to slavery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    If you ignored the beatings, rapes, seeing family members sold off, being sacrificed to the gods anytime things got strange, then yea it was very charitable.
    sacrificed to the gods? wtf is this shit? such ignorance

slaves were money. do you take money and burn it as a sacrifice to the gods? neither did they...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Aboriginal Canadians need some help from the Canadian government. They also face some racism.

Aboriginal Americans need more help from the American government. Since their earnings are about the same as Latino and Black Americans.
    they have their land. more than enough for what is left of their population after the genocide they suffered. (shit happens)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    And the subways in New York. Pretty much any amazing building or large under taking prior 1890 was on the backs of slaves or apprentice workers, which was just a new term spun to allow slavery after the civil war.

- - - Updated - - -

Party lines have changed a lot in the last 130 years.
    both false...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    There were certainly some forms of historical slavery that were "not that bad." Plenty of Muslim sultans employed nominally slave soldiers and bureaucrats that in practice formed the ruling class in their societies. But American slavery wasn't quite like that, and was arguably the worst possible form of the institution ever witnessed in history.
    jaw drops

are you serious?>> do you not study history at all? ffs people are just being stupid on purpose tonight.

Well for any of you totally beat down White people who think that reparations are a good idea, they've now got a site for that:

http://www.reparations.me/

It's not a joke, it's a "social experiment" by some lunatic 'conceptual artist' that according to the About page, thinks this is "doing something meaningful"

What if you actually did something meaningful for someone before the end of the year?

What if a stranger restored your belief in humanity, if only for a moment, by supporting you and allowing you to claim something you need in a material way?

I invite People of Color to ask for what we need to feel better, be happier, be more productive by posting in this space. These may be both material and immaterial requests.

I invite people who identify as White to offer services or contributions to People of Color in need of time, energy, substantive care, and support.

I don't want to put limitations on this social experiment, but here's how I imagine it might work:

POC 1: I need a massage. This week.
    White Person 1: [posts Groupon with code for redemption]

POC2: I need therapy. I can spend $10 a session.
    White Person 2: [posts contact information to a therapist who they have made arrangements with.]

POC 3: I need groceries.
    White Person 3: "I'll get them for you. PM me and I'll send an Amazon Fresh or Safeway delivery. You just pick out what you want. I have a $200 limit."

POC 4: I'm too upset to make dinner. I live in Seattle.
    White Person 4: "Come over to my house for dinner, bring a friend if you like. PM me and I'll send you the address, or can I order delivery to you? What kind of food do you like?"

POC 5: I need a quiet place to work on _________.
    White Person 5: "I have an office, spare room, house, that will be unoccupied on the following dates, would you like to use that space? I can send pictures ..."

POC 6: I want to scream and cuss at someone.
    White Person 6: "I volunteer as tribute. How do we set this up?"

POC 7: I want to escape this cruel world in a *Specific Videogame* but can't afford it on Steam right now. This is not a crisis, I just don't trust people easily and want to see if this works.
    White Person 7: Thank you for giving me the chance to do something concrete and relatively easy. I was quietly hating myself for doing nothing.
    The front page is full of requests and offerings. I could barely make it through a few pages of this shit. People who never were slaves trying to guilt trip and take advantage of those already tripped. Fucking disgusting. You can even donate cash because hey, that's what all this is about at the end of the day. Paybacks and supposed guilt.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Remember kids, slavery is only bad if you don't feed or shelter them.
    you can get all haughty about slavery being that bad or whatever but it'd be nice if you had some weight behind that statement

like, oh, i don't know. people that actually want to live in africa.

no cops there to kill them. just other niggas that don't like you. they aint got healthcare over there and nobody gonna take care of you when a hippo fucks you up or a bug from over there bites you. they ain't got no A/C over there. It's hot as fuck.

like lol before we built this country all that there was to do, was work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    If I said "Even though they treated the slaves better than others, they were still slaves that built it.", does that means I'm minimizing the slavery aspect?
    Uhm... Yes, it does... There is 0 reason to say it, unless you are trying to down play it.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-07-28 at 01:57 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    So, for those who missed it, Michelle Obama gave her speech at the DNC and one key part was talking about how the White House was built with slaves, but now there is a black president and her black daughters play on the White House lawn.

It was a great speech and shows how far we've come as a nation, so why not find a way to complain about?

In comes Bill O'Reilly...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...eech/87604632/

Remember kids, slavery is only bad if you don't feed or shelter them.

/eyeroll
    So, he presents factual information about the construction of the white house and you turn that into a strawman.

Standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they voted for him because he was anti establishment. You don't get it because you are happy with how the establishment in both parties fucked us voters over the last 20 years.

The point of his campaign is jobs. He appeals to people who have seen their jobs outsourced. He can't bring them back, but the people who are unemployed or underemployed don't want to hear that. They want jobs.
    And apparently they'll vote for anyone, including a thin skinned, idiotic, whiny, scummy, racist dirtbag.

They could have voted for anyone else, but they chose him.

You keep denying it, it's really pathetic. The republicans chose trump to be their representative. If they don't care about his flaws, that's just as important as them voting for his qualities.