Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    u can only wear 1 legendary
    At first, but through your class hall you can equip two, takes over a month mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBigglez View Post
    Looking at legendaries, if you were to pair Sin'dorei Spite with Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning do you think Demonology would be the best spec to play with? Despite not being in a high end raiding guild I will play the best spec regardless and I think with these legendaries it would be very good. Considering the wrists give you 30% damage increase for 25 seconds after summoning doomguard/infernal and the ring reduces the cd on your doomguard/infernal based on pet spawn, you could have some high uptime on it. Of course you would need to be very lucky to get both of these.
    Destruction also has access to very strong legendaries for its spec and still has the better toolkit.

As Not has said several times, if you're not in a bleeding edge progression guild/hyper competitive, you can play whatever you want. But right now, if you want to play the absolute best spec, it's destruction without question.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Probably not the best idea if you're planning to raid somewhat seriously. Destro, from a design perspective, has all of the tools to deal with most encounters effectively. It doesn't take that much more effort to maintain two artifacts though, and from what I gather on here most people will are at least leaning towards Destro/Aff.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I am concerning we cannot maintain 2 artifacts before getting into the first raid. I'm just worried that if we put all the power into, say, destro artifact weapon and if there were a hot-fix on destro or other specs and made the demo/aff better than destro, we were totally doomed. But if Blizz wants to avoid this situation, he has to continually make one spec better than the other two for a long time before we can level another weapon up. However, it really sucks for people who want to play another spec in the raid! And I already gave up on the fact that Blizz cannot possibly balance our 3 specs.
    So for people like me who do not like destro spec at all, we have to use the spec for a long time even if another spec were buffed to the same level...

Quote Originally Posted by JoyeuxNoel View Post
    Regarding the artifact weapon, should I put all the artifact power into the demonology weapon?
    For starting out, the points I outlined will be as far as I go into Demonology and only as my secondary weapon (for now at least), will be starting as Destruction most likely (and unfortunately).

Asked a question in this giant thread like I was told to, it gets ignored like I knew it would.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Asked a question in this giant thread like I was told to, it gets ignored like I knew it would.
    You post was less than 12 hours ago, some posts don't get answered and some do based on who sees what, it's how forums work. If you're truly hard pressed for an answer;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Izz/advanced

With this gear, should I bother with Demo, or focus on a different spec?
    Considering you have none of the gear that is required for the 'meme' damage and the gear you do have is basically under what everyone has played with in some time - my opinion is to play what you find fun and not worry about it too much.

Also in the future, bumping posts or bringing attention to them that soon isn't allowed so just keep that in mind for next time. (for more info you can see the rules here)
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-07-28 at 02:08 AM.

Well if a spec is 100% dependent on gear not everyone has of course people are gonna wonder how to play it or if they should bother when they don't have the gear, yet "official guides" like this seem to ignore that because "everyone has that gear" or some other elitist mindset. It comes off like people who are trying to get better just shouldn't try improving or doing good and be happy as casuals.

Well if a spec is 100% dependent on gear not everyone has of course people are gonna wonder how to play it or if they should bother when they don't have the gear, yet "official guides" like this seem to ignore that because "everyone has that gear" or some other elitist mindset. It comes off like people who are trying to get better just shouldn't try improving or doing good and be happy as casuals.
    Every spec is dependent on gear. In particular this guide isn't really meant for pre-patch anyway, I made it with Legion in mind. If you don't have the gear to play the cheese way with 3 button rotation, you're more suited to following this guide than anything else (if you notice there is actually nothing about gear in here yet either and the only thing that I mention about pre-patch are 2 questions in the FAQ, otherwise there is 0 mention of it).

Deleted
    Nothing elitist about it... If you don't have the latest gear, even though it is so incredibly easy to get at the moment (LFR to 705+, then normal random groups which are sprouting everywhere after the 50% (!) nerf), then it does not really matter which spec you play. You would be bottom of the meters in any of them regardless.

So play whatever you want, until you have the latest gear (especially 4-piece bonus and class trinket) and then switch to demo if you want. Or don't and continue playing the spec that is most fun to you.

At the moment, you can switch between specs as much as you want because you're not locked in through your artifact weapon. So try all 3 and play what you like best...

Nice guide - will hit up that zPets addon. I just want something simple to show me how many pets I have out.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Few questions I have and couldn't find an answer to.

1. Is there any time or place to cast Demonwrath? I noticed all the rotations did not include it nor did it seem to come up in this thread besides the first page.

2. This isn't regarding raiding but mainly soloing. Is the infernal a superior pet for tanking bosses in old raids and leveling up or does the voidwalker outperform it on single targets? Does the Felguard serve any purpose if you can use the Doomguard and Infernal as permanent pets?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
    #1 - I use Demonwrath when running for that little bit of extra dps during boss fights. For optimal AOE I think Implosion+Hand of Doom+Darkglare is pretty awesome. I haven't tested the numbers but sure feels cool. With Demonwrath's soul shard mechanic you can cast a crap load of HoG, then Implosion for lots of damage. That's what I've been using while leveling at least. You can pull tons of mobs and melt their faces pretty damn quick.

#2 - Infernal does more damage and has more health than voidwalker. Felguard becomes obsolete I think. If you're not using Infernal or Doomguard then you are wasting the talent. On a somewhat related note, Infernal+Demonic Empowerment+Dark Pact+Demon Skin = 1,000,000+ hp shield. It's pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by Crits-N-Gigglz; 2016-07-29 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    For starting out, the points I outlined will be as far as I go into Demonology and only as my secondary weapon (for now at least), will be starting as Destruction most likely (and unfortunately).
    Is demo that bad at 110? Or is Destro just that good?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Destro is just more rounded for cleave. Also has more potential for a lot for fights compared to Demo. Target swapping in particular is where Demo falls behind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Destro is just more rounded for cleave. Also has more potential for a lot for fights compared to Demo. Target swapping in particular is where Demo falls behind.
    Destro is also burst, as opposed to ramp, and has much better movement as two of its abilities (one of which is high frequency) are instant. Both are obviously very important things when tackling difficult or varied types of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Destro is also burst, as opposed to ramp, and has much better movement as two of its abilities (one of which is high frequency) are instant. Both are obviously very important things when tackling difficult or varied types of content.
    Yeah I get that. 13/13M myself. I was just having hopes of being able to work on one artifact weapon for a while and give demo a nice long spin. Not a fan of destro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I get that. 13/13M myself. I was just having hopes of being able to work on one artifact weapon for a while and give demo a nice long spin. Not a fan of destro.
    Then go for it, it's your subscription.

But if you're a 13/13M player, I'm sure you know that you're going to need to be the best spec if you're wanting to cut bleeding edge progression. In that scenario, Demo doesn't hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Then go for it, it's your subscription.

But if you're a 13/13M player, I'm sure you know that you're going to need to be the best spec if you're wanting to cut bleeding edge progression. In that scenario, Demo doesn't hold up.
    Sadly yeah, I'll be going destro unless demo gets some kind of love.

The one upside is Demos biggest power gains are done at 19 Artifact Points so it's not a huge hit to level it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyeuxNoel View Post
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I am concerning we cannot maintain 2 artifacts before getting into the first raid. I'm just worried that if we put all the power into, say, destro artifact weapon and if there were a hot-fix on destro or other specs and made the demo/aff better than destro, we were totally doomed. But if Blizz wants to avoid this situation, he has to continually make one spec better than the other two for a long time before we can level another weapon up. However, it really sucks for people who want to play another spec in the raid! And I already gave up on the fact that Blizz cannot possibly balance our 3 specs.
    So for people like me who do not like destro spec at all, we have to use the spec for a long time even if another spec were buffed to the same level...
    As you research your weapon your character will get an "Artifact Knowledge" buff that increases the amount of AP you receive from usable items and such. Over time this buff will stack and since it applies to your character and not the weapon specifically, you will be able to level up your other weapons quite easily. I have Artifact Knowledge level 10 which gives +850% AP.