Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post

You have legitinate points about the Alliance-centric lore of Legion. I disagree about Dalaran, but whatever. Big picture? I think you're right about Legion.
    Thing is though...in Cata I had to be BFFs with Thrall and be the best man at his wedding. So Horde players palling around with Tyrande and Malfurion? Sorry, I'm not feeling for you.
    Two of the last three expansions were incredibly Horde-centric. Cata was all about the Horde's internal politics and territorial expansion, while the Alliance lost ground pretty much everywhere. WoD was an ode to the classic Horde characters. So an expansion that digs into Alliance lore is welcome. Truth be told? We haven't had an expansion this steeped in Alliance lore since WotLK.
    What? and make an important Elf mage that does not become evil? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!, The only important mages are humans! if they are not, they are evil!!!

Note: Nothing more than a funny comment (don't mind it too much)

10+ Year Old Account
    So wouldn't keeping the Kirin Tor/Dalaran Alliance-aligned while developing appropriate Horde-aligned analogues using the Sunreavers as a base make everyone happy?
    No, fuck the Sunreavers and their goldfish of a leader. Make it Rommath and his magisters running the Horde's magic show and we're talking.

But really, you're right, in an ideal world they'd have continued building up Silvermoon and Dalaran as rivals and counterparts. That was one of their better ideas, even if they didn't commit to it fully. Unfortunately, Dalaran Redux is consistent with Blizzard's favourite marketing tactic for the Warcraft IP in recent years ("milk as much nostalgia out of players as possible.")

Deleted
    I just want a movie Intro where a horde leader plays big role (WoD does not count Hellscream v2.0 have nothing with Horde).And after that all these pesky allis start to run around with Sylvanas to help her to ressurect Vol`jin

As a Alliance Player,ive learned by their lore that:No matter how bad things are,the races of the Alliance always endure and in the ends things get better.

The problem is...im still waiting for the part where things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    No, the Horde died the moment it went from the 'noble savages who've done crap in the past but united to carve out some land for themselves and prove their not monsters' and into RAWR ME SMASH DA ALLIANCE 4 DA H0RDE!11!11! and undid all of the character development since WC3. You cannot have it both ways, try and make out the Horde is some persecuted underdog, whilst at the same time attacking the enemy faction and committing acts that are consistently worse than what the Alliance does in retaliation. I want the Horde to be good guys, not bad guys who claim they're the victims whilst they blindside the Alliance again (hello Ashran).
    Whats funny is the "RAWR ME SMASH DA ALLIANCE 4 DA H0RDE!11!11!" is a return to the roots of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Speaking of story balance and faction balance in general, the reason why Horde gained so much land (other than being incompetent at warfare) was Blizzard creating story justification for equalizing the amount of zones each faction controlled for better questing experience for Horde. A situation that also resulted in Alliance having more story back then. And arguably better quality. Compare Horde Onyxia attunement to Alliance for an easy example. But obviously Blizzard fixing things that were advantageous to the Alliance is Horde bias.
    This is absolutely the truth. You can't compare, say, the Horde's troubles with Raptors stealing their guards' fucking payroll to, say, building an entire story zone to zone revolving around one of the regents (Prestor) manipulating events to weaken the Alliance. Why wasn't Lakeshire, Darkshire, Westfall, etc. not getting the reinforcements they pleaded for and desperately needed? Onyxia wanted to weaken the faction. The Horde? Raptors stealing silver. The Alliance? They had chairs, the Horde had none (I bullshit you not).

The fact of the matter is, the people screaming the loudest about "unfairness" in the story fit in one or both of these categories: They either haven't been playing since the beginning to see just how Alliance favored the beginning of the game actually was or they have no idea that fictional stories do not have to be a 50/50 "tug of war", if you can even call it that, between two opposing groups.

You have some good points in regards to Legion but your Dalaran one seriously just made me laugh, one minute everyones crying because the Horde are kicked out of Dal (Which was never even implemented in the game), now you're upset that you're being "forced" back in...

And how you can claim the Horde being allowed to have half of an Alliance city is Alliance biased just baffles me in the first place, would it be Horde biased if Stormwind took over a section of a Horde city like Org or Undercity? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I just want a movie Intro where a horde leader plays big role (WoD does not count Hellscream v2.0 have nothing with Horde).And after that all these pesky allis start to run around with Sylvanas to help her to ressurect Vol`jin
    Alliance already ran around doing errands for Vol'jin to help the Horde get Orgrimmar back.

Could've let Jaina drown it if you'd prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And? Doesn't mean he is gone for good, he is still around and they could still develop him, if they ever chose to.
    Blizzard? Write good story for the Alliance? *laughs* Oh, my naive young friend...

Taylor was killed off screen in a completely unnecessary death, you have a conversation with his spirit, and then you get his spirit as a follower, and he becomes just another NPC. No contributions to the story or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Seriously, not again with the "Blizzard turns the Alliance heroes neutral because of Horde favoritism" bullshit because I'm seriously going to puke. People saying this think that because they're Alliance players and so love those heroes that much than everyone else love them too and so the Horde players get "fan-serviced" by granting them the honor and privilege to interact with them too.

Yeah, no. If you think a Horde player gets "fan-serviced" and favoured over an Alliance one by making him interact with an Alliance hero/character, than you have no idea what fanservice is. The whole reason why the "Alliance heroes" turn neutral is because they actually exist, many of the Alliance's "old glories" are still well and alive. What about the Horde? Pretty much all its iconic characters of the past are 8 feet under the ground. The story, despite all the talking about being "Horde-centric", has no choice but to push Alliance characters as protagonists when it comes to neutral affairs, especially since many of those characters are so unrelated with WoW that there's little to no strife about faction conflict or whatever. The same can't be said about the Horde, where its only character that effectively turned into a "neutral protagonist" (Thrall) remained a too recent addition, since he stepped from leader of a playable faction to "neutral hero" within an expansion time. Needless to say, most Alliance players hated to have Thrall around in Cataclysm, and because of him they saw the expansion's story as "Horde-centric". But when Alliance characters turn as much as neutral and get quite the spotlight, it still happens for the sake of Horde favoritism because, in this way, the Horde players too can interact with them.

Like, Jesus Christ, if you want to complain get the complaints straight. Otherwise, don't be upset if no one takes such complaints seriously.

Welcome to The Alliance: The Anduin Experience!
    Eh, pretty much. Baine is more or less the Horde Anduin, both in virtues and flaws. No wonder they're such big friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard just turns around its own statements and forge a Sunwalker out of Baine, much like they could screw the whole "priest" thing up of Anduin and turn him into a Paladin too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Alliance already ran around doing errands for Vol'jin to help the Horde get Orgrimmar back.

Could've let Jaina drown it if you'd prefer.
    Hell, who knows how many Alliance soldiers died in the Siege of Orgrimmar only to have Varian tell the Horde to play nice and then leave the city, not even keeping a peace-keeping force in place to keep an eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Blizzard? Write good story for the Alliance? *laughs* Oh, my naive young friend...

Taylor was killed off screen in a completely unnecessary death, you have a conversation with his spirit, and then you get his spirit as a follower, and he becomes just another NPC. No contributions to the story or anything.
    I'm almost positive he was killed because his Horde counterpart was. Now his Horde counterpart is being reanimated because Taylor was, though far more important than a ghost slumming in a garrison on another planet.

I just want to point out that the Suramar and Azsuna stuff is equally blood elf lore. These are the highborne, the people that became the high elves. This is their history just as much as it is night elf history.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost positive he was killed because his Horde counterpart was. Now his Horde counterpart is being reanimated because Taylor was, though far more important than a ghost slumming in a garrison on another planet.
    Yeah, more than likely. Except that Nazgrims story was told throughout the expansion, his death was on-screen, and wasn't just for meant to 'shock' you.

And from all indications from the beta, Blizzard has forgotten Taylor even existed, despite being one of the more prominent Alliance characters in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I wonder where the "We went there to depose a tyrant who planned to annihilate our faction" bit went because I can't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, who knows how many Alliance soldiers died in the Siege of Orgrimmar only to have Varian tell the Horde to play nice and then leave the city, not even keeping a peace-keeping force in place to keep an eye on things.
    Placing a "peace-keeping" force would have meant conquering Orgrimmar utterly, which means fighting Garrosh's True Horde first and the Horde rebellion later. While the Alliance did the first part well, they didn't go through with the second.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Placing a "peace-keeping" force would have meant conquering Orgrimmar utterly, which means fighting Garrosh's True Horde first and the Horde rebellion later. While the Alliance did the first part well, they didn't go through with the second.
    The orcs were/are the military backbone of the Horde. With them hurting after the siege, it would have put the Forsaken at the vanguard. According to Sylvanas in Tides of War, a situation like that would mean the end of them and her.

Your very post is "crying" for horde and attention. So that renders your entire rant rather pointless.

We've played in horde cities, we've played in horde raids, and so on. Both sides get attention. Heretofore it has been a bit more horde balanced. Big deal. Night elves controlled much of the world at one point. So deal with it. This is really ridiculous to go on about for someone who supposedly doesn't really care or "cry" about things.

TLDR: There has traditionally been a horde bias for the best story telling and such. Blizz has talked about this before if I remember correctly. A few zones or quests here and there don't make that any less true. If you don't enjoy the game stop playing it. But for people to point out clear bias at times isn't something you must rush to your keyboard to defend when you find some other thing that might tip the balance back to neutral again. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The orcs were/are the military backbone of the Horde. With them hurting after the siege, it would have put the Forsaken at the vanguard. According to Sylvanas in Tides of War, a situation like that would mean the end of them and her.
    Sylvanas feared further reprisal in case of a direct attack against Jaina. That clearly never happened because Garrosh's own actions draw all the attention and he became the #1 target to eliminate. Despite all the talking about Sylvanas' evilness (wherever such evilness is there or not ain't something I'm interested to argue about) she's not madly interested in the destruction of the Alliance as a faction. Garrosh, on the other hand:

Garrosh Hellscream says: Together, we will destroy the Alliance and claim what is rightfully ours. Let our song of victory begin.

he definitely was.

Besides, I don't get the point you tried to make or, more precisely, what had to do with mine. My point was that if you wanted to impose peace-keeping forces on a place, you needed to actually defeat all the forces inside said place. That, of course, meant starting a bloody conflict all over the streets of Orgrimmar between the Alliance and the Horde rebels to decide who was gonna conquer/claim what.

Or do you think, otherwise, the Horde would have accepted an enemy force "keeping an eye on them" without, I don't know, trying to kick them out from their city?

Deleted
    I play mostly Alliance but 4 of my 12 characters are Horde too. I enjoy both sides and don't have the petty tribal mentality of a football hooligan.

So no. I'm not "satisfied yet" or "unsatisfied" because I don't fall for the bullshit that there's an "other side" who I'm supposed to hate or be envious of.

All of you that feel that way, grow up, you're not 12 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    No, fuck the Sunreavers and their goldfish of a leader. Make it Rommath and his magisters running the Horde's magic show and we're talking.

But really, you're right, in an ideal world they'd have continued building up Silvermoon and Dalaran as rivals and counterparts. That was one of their better ideas, even if they didn't commit to it fully. Unfortunately, Dalaran Redux is consistent with Blizzard's favourite marketing tactic for the Warcraft IP in recent years ("milk as much nostalgia out of players as possible.")
    Dalaran remaining neutral/contested fits better imo.

The high elves: taught the humans who founded Dalaran, taught the human mages how to shroud Dalaran from the Burning Legion once demons started showing up, helped in forming the Order of Tirisfal and the Kirin Tor, and lived peacefully together in the same city for 2000 years.

Turning it into just another human city wouldn't do it justice considering it was built on the cooperation of humans and high elves and the move to involve it in the Alliance-Horde conflict was tacky and forced. Just like all of Jaina's lore these days.

- - - Updated - - -

When the Allied powers liberated Vichy France from Philippe Pétain they didn't open fire on the French Resistance. Shooting the victim doesn't solve problems and is kinda psychotic.