Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Romans kind of enslaved everybody... I'm sure most of us have family tie to slavery-generations don't matter. An 'ancestor' is an 'ancestor'.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Its not slavery unless another ethnic group does it to you..or something.
    Well what about the black people that had slaves in Africa? I mean, those were the same black people that sold them..

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.reparations.me/

Very interesting.

Im wondering if some of the black business owners on there might be helped by alerting people on yelp that they are actually audacious enough to believe in this.
    Bahahahaha my sides literally cannot contain all the shit what has happened this year. Now some people who have the same rights and opportunity's as every other citizen wants gibsmedats because of their ancestors. Well if it makes the white guilt cucks in college happy then good luck to them. So can I, whose ancestors were also slaves claim reparations even though I am white as were they?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Okay, where are my reparations? I'm Irish, my people were brought to America or tricked into coming here and enslaved as well. So where the fuck is my pay back huh? Where is my white guilt?!

I am at a loss of words...

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    A fool and their money are easily parted. I'm sure Nixx, Didactic and endus are already donating.
    Endus would be receiving the donations...just to be clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

7+ Year Old Account
    I won't give them a dime. I am not a racist, nor have I owned any slaves. I shouldn't have to pay the debts accumulated by a few members of my race's actions, which happened before anyone in this world was born.

Why do this sort of thing? Why not instead start a fundraiser for a local park for a new children's play-area, help build a new library, or volunteer at a job-fair? Something that would actually improve quality of life, instead of creating controversial sympathy sites for something you haven't, nor will you ever, experienced in your lifetime.

Stuff like this makes me want to smack people. With a sledgehammer.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

A fool and their money are easily parted.
    You and I think a lot alike, was just about to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Well what about the black people that had slaves in Africa? I mean, those were the same black people that sold them..
    Clearly not slavery.

This is so getting closed.

http://www.reparations.me/#!REQUEST-...f21a9001445e22
    Hi, I recently launched my design business, SHE PUT THE ACTUAL BUSINESS NAME HERE!, and are looking for help marketing and expanding my brand. I've owned a business before, but interior design is quite different. I struggle with gaining clients in Seattle, because the area is stratified and those who do not look like me are marginalized and the cliques are strong. I feel the best way to succeed in this market is to devise a plan specific to my design expertise and niche. I have some very good ideas, but I need help creating a strategic plan. If you can help in anyway, please connect with me.
    Speechless.
    Last edited by Luxxor; 2016-07-28 at 03:07 AM.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Not as cringy as the retarded manchildren who try to use kickstarter to get $5000 to start a youtube gaming channel.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Not as cringy as the retarded manchildren who try to use kickstarter to get $5000 to start a youtube gaming channel.
    Dont try to derail my thread pal. Stay on topic.

In what way? I think its a rather interesting concept that bears further discussion.
    White people don't owe reparations just because they're white. Saying otherwise is nothing short of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    White people don't owe reparations just because they're white. Saying otherwise is nothing short of racism.
    Oh ok, thought you were accusing me of being racist for bringing this tomfoolery to people's attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reparations for WHAT? I never owned any fucking slaves. None of the people alive today were slaves. Hell, hardly any of the people alive today were alive back when it DID actually suck to be black. If you wanna bring them all back to life, I will go apologize for the behavior of my ancestors, because I know THEY won't do it, but necromancy is still frowned upon here, so I don't see that happening any time soon. But I'll be damned if I'm going to give a single dime to anyone for something none of us were involved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In what way? I think its a rather interesting concept that bears further discussion.
    The discussion on reparations breaks down in the first level of logic. It's an interesting point up until you consider time as a factor in the discussion - then it's as silly as discussing whether dinosaurs existed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Reparations for WHAT? I never owned any fucking slaves. None of the people alive today were slaves. Hell, hardly any of the people alive today were alive back when it DID actually suck to be black. If you wanna bring them all back to life, I will go apologize for the behavior of my ancestors, because I know THEY won't do it, but necromancy is still frowned upon here, so I don't see that happening any time soon. But I'll be damned if I'm going to give a single dime to anyone for something none of us were involved in.
    By being white you are participating in a culture and society that is inherently racist...or something like that.

#tumblr

Stupid people being allowed internet access again. Usual 2016 is usual.

Dont try to derail my thread pal. Stay on topic.
    The topic covers giving away money for no reason. I'm thinking you're bothered because you've actually attempted such a kickstarter and are now upset because you have realized the cringy hypocricy that is your life.

Am I right?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    A fool and their money are easily parted.
    Came to say this...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    The Romans kind of enslaved everybody... I'm sure most of us have family tie to slavery-generations don't matter. An 'ancestor' is an 'ancestor'.
    Is there a way to get money out of trees? Like parks service needs to pay back the damage branches have done to the heads of us hight advanced. Concussions have been plaguing my people for millennia...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Came to say this...
    So did I. If they want to waste their money they can,

I expect this to site to be investigated for some kind of fraud