Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    @Sarri The legendary ring is a DPS loss? :O How so
    Legendary ring in Legion, AKA the Execute ring. It makes the execute free even during the last 20%, unlike SD which only makes the basecost free. This means that if it procs in the execute phase and you have SD up, you'll waste it on a 10rage execute, rather than a full 40 rage one. I haven't seen anyone who has the ring, so not sure if you can cancelaura the buff, but it's still a real annoying ring to work around.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Oh, I see, so it doesn't give a free 40 rage execute then? That sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    Oh, I see, so it doesn't give a free 40 rage execute then? That sucks
    It never has, but the ring proc doesn't let you consume the extra rage anymore either? That's some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    It never has, but the ring proc doesn't let you consume the extra rage anymore either? That's some shit.
    maybe its just an oversight? very weird design choice if its intended as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Legendary ring in Legion, AKA the Execute ring. It makes the execute free even during the last 20%, unlike SD which only makes the basecost free. This means that if it procs in the execute phase and you have SD up, you'll waste it on a 10rage execute, rather than a full 40 rage one. I haven't seen anyone who has the ring, so not sure if you can cancelaura the buff, but it's still a real annoying ring to work around.
    That's how Sudden Death was working in early Blackrock Foundry until they fixed it, would imagine they should fix that once again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Sudden Death has never worked that way, so it's not surprising the ring doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Sudden Death has never worked that way, so it's not surprising the ring doesn't.
    In the execute phase in WOD after they fixed it Sudden Death would just reduce the cost on Execute by 10 rage, it wouldn't just give you a 10 rage Execute. Though it was doing just that in Blackrock Foundry it was fixed during Blackrock Foundry. I mean you should remember that as well as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    In the execute phase in WOD after they fixed it Sudden Death would just reduce the cost on Execute by 10 rage, it wouldn't just give you a 10 rage Execute. Though it was doing just that in Blackrock Foundry it was fixed during Blackrock Foundry. I mean you should remember that as well as anyone.
    That's nice, but has nothing to do with what was said. Read again:

Put in other words: Sudden Death never allowed extra rage conversion with a free 10 rage Execute.

Well, indeed. Guess that's what I get for a talent that was almost never used.

It's still dumb lol.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    wasn't sudden death before they nerfed it in wod, deals a full damage 40 rage but the cost is free? cant remember though but i am pretty sure they touched it and nerfed it, making it hit like wetnoodle

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    wasn't sudden death before they nerfed it in wod, deals a full damage 40 rage but the cost is free? cant remember though but i am pretty sure they touched it and nerfed it, making it hit like wetnoodle
    I don't recall, but that's precisely the problem - 10 rage is too little, 40 rage is too much.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall, but that's precisely the problem - 10 rage is too little, 40 rage is too much.
    as a legendary ring, it should deal 40 rage damage with no cost, and disable it in pvp

i remember SD was a problem in pvp, dealing suddenly full 40 rage execute for free that one shot players was not fun in pvp, hence the nerf it got.

i am still not sure if it was nerfed liket his, but as i said i am pretty sure they touched it in wod, and it was for pvp purposes

That's nice, but has nothing to do with what was said. Read again:

Put in other words: Sudden Death never allowed extra rage conversion with a free 10 rage Execute.
    The ring proc doesn't let you consume extra rage? Are you trying to cause trouble with your tone of post, pipe down. Sudden Death gave you a free 10 rage Execute from 100-20% boss health, from 20-0% health it removed the base 10 rage cost of Execute, but still consumed the full extra rage, effectively reducing the cost of a full rage execute by 10 rage.

I missed the post prior to Artunias, suggesting a full 40 rage execute for free. But there is no need to be all "cool story bro".
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-07-28 at 05:15 AM.

The ring proc doesn't let you consume extra rage? Are you trying to cause trouble with your tone of post, pipe down. Sudden Death gave you a free 10 rage Execute from 100-20% boss health, from 20-0% health it removed the base 10 rage cost of Execute, but still consumed the full extra rage, effectively reducing the cost of a full rage execute by 10 rage.

I missed the post prior to Artunias, suggesting a full 40 rage execute for free. But there is no need to be all "cool story bro".
    Jesus christ, you stick your nose into everything and then claim other people are starting trouble? Read the post before you start typing.

• He asked if the ring let the proc consume extra rage - ie: 10 free + X = Y rage consumed for a bigger hit.
    • I responded no, that the Sudden Death proc has never acted that way.

Your response had nothing to do with nothing. Changing the proc to instead lower the cost of Execute is not the same thing. It changed the effect completely below 20%, as you just pointed out. Is it the same result? Yes, but we were talking about mechanics, which are wholly different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    as a legendary ring, it should deal 40 rage damage with no cost
    I've not tested this, but I feel like it would be pretty overpowered, which is likely why it doesn't work that way already. I'm not even a fan of letting it convert rage as a normal Execute, as that can make the rotation pretty awkward, especially with certain talent setups. Really feels like it just needs to have a set damage aside from what Execute normally does, specifically for the proc.

Or just go back to increasing the Execute threshold.

Hey, behave.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Jesus christ, you stick your nose into everything and then claim other people are starting trouble? Read the post before you start typing.

• He asked if the ring let the proc consume extra rage - ie: 10 free + X = Y rage consumed for a bigger hit.
    • I responded no, that the Sudden Death proc has never acted that way.

Your response had nothing to do with nothing. Changing the proc to instead lower the cost of Execute is not the same thing. It changed the effect completely below 20%, as you just pointed out. Is it the same result? Yes, but we were talking about mechanics, which are wholly different.

- - - Updated - - -
    You don't have to post in such an aggressive and provoctive manner, chill the fuck out and have a conversation instead of making snarky replies. It doesn't matter at all how the mechanics work to get the to same result because the mechanics can change.

You don't have to post in such an aggressive and provoctive manner, chill the fuck out and have a conversation instead of making snarky replies. It doesn't matter at all how the mechanics work to get the to same result because the mechanics can change.
    I was having a conversation, and I wasn't the one making allegations or telling other posters to "pipe down". If saying "that's nice" and correcting someone is "aggressive and provocative" you need to develop some thicker skin, because it was neither of those things, and neither I, nor anyone else, has any obligation to adhere to whatever arbitrary rules of dialogue you decide to impose. More importantly, the mechanics do matter when we're talking about the mechanics.

I was having a conversation, and I wasn't the one making allegations. If saying "that's nice" and correcting someone is "aggressive and provocative" you need to develop some thicker skin or get off the internet. The mechanics do matter when we're talking about the mechanics.
    The thickness of my skin has nothing to do with the tone of your posts or your inability to control yourself. You really need to chill out when you're talking to people. I make "allegations" because I want you to think "hey maybe I could chill this tone a little bit", instead of going full passive aggressive snarky comment mode on every person you have a mild disagreement with.

I have faith that you can do a lot better. As for the last bit, yes I was talking about the Sudden Death mechanics in comparison to the ring, what else is there to say on that?

The thickness of my skin has nothing to do with the tone of your posts or your inability to control yourself. You really need to chill out when you're talking to people. I make "allegations" because I want you to think "hey maybe I could chill this tone a little bit", instead of going full passive aggressive snarky comment mode on every person you have a mild disagreement with.
    There was no tone to my post; I acknowledged you and responded. Get off your high horse and stop trying to make an issue out of everything you don't like.

I have faith that you can do a lot better.
    Yeah, I'm the snarky one...

There was no tone to my post; I acknowledged you and responded with the appropriate correction. Get off your high horse and stop trying to make an issue out of everything you don't like.

Yeah, I'm the snarky one...
    I was being sincere.