Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Are you a good shot?

Are you a good shot with a gun? What is your favorite gun to shoot ?

For rifles I like to use my Remington 700 Tactical, I shoot groups under 1 MOA at 1000 yards and have had as low as .5 MOA. I'm by no means an expert but I do love distance shooting on a range. For handguns I prefer my 1911 Colt 45 or a Beretta 92FS, but I have a nice Ruger target gun as well. For stuff at the 100 to 400 yard range I like to shoot a Ruger 8500. I consider myself a pretty good shot, I've been shooting for over 10 years now as well for a hobby.

Deleted
    K98K with 3rd Reich stamps, can shoot the balls off a grasshopper.

Nerf Rebel 2000.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Are you a good shot with a gun? What is your favorite gun to shoot ?
    Sure. Not a bad one. Went hunting quite a bit with my father and older brother years ago. The shotgun I used only shot one round at a time, so it made me be more careful with my shots.

Really only shot shotguns. 12 gauges. My dad always said anything weaker than a 12 gauge was for pussies

Not too bad.I was taught how to shoot a gun and hunt early on by my Father and Grandfather.My most favorite gun I own is the .30-06 Sprg. Bolt-Action Rifle with a Nikon ProStaff Rifle Scope 3-9x 50mm which my dad gave to me which is why it is my favorite.I have seen my dad hunt and kill many a white tail deer with this gun and I will never sell it.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

I was in my younger years. My father taught me firearm safety and how to shoot a revolver when I was pretty young. By the time I was 13, I was competing in target shooting events with a custom-made Ruger Silverhawk .357 magnum that had interchangeable barrels (2.5", 4", and 6"). We did all our own reloading too. Otherwise the ammo cost would have been outrageous, due to the number of rounds we would go through each week.

At 50 feet I can put a pattern of .380 about the size of a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with 9 rounds. That's with nobody shooting back.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty eh with handguns but I'm competent enough at shotguns (skeet) and rifle (hunting ranges)

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent shot, favorite gun is probably my Remington 783 .300 Winchester Magnum.
    It's a dirty cheap nail driver, but I have shitty glass on it so I have yet to bother taking it past 200 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I turn torbjorn's rivet gun into widowmaker's sniper rifle.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Think my best shot ive had on game, was with a Win .243, dropped an antelope in Wyoming at about 340 yds, with a 10 mph cross wind. Ended up leading it too much, and drilled it through the neck, just crumpled. That was when i was... 14 i think.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    K98K with 3rd Reich stamps, can shoot the balls off a grasshopper.
    I thought you vowed never to come back to Gen OT again Rich?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I thought you vowed never to come back to Gen OT again Rich?
    That was RICH(numbers), current Rich is retiring very soon and is much more tolerant.

I was 1/10 shooting clay pigeons. Shotgun just wasn't my thing. Pistol/rifle range were much more my taste. Always been good at archery too, back to back championships when I was younger.

Those damn clay pigeons tho, they still bother me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I was 1/10 shooting clay pigeons. Shotgun just wasn't my thing. Pistol/rifle range were much more my taste. Always been good at archery too, back to back championships when I was younger.

But dusting them is the greatest thing eva!
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post

Nice. I once was the state champion of Ohio for my age group, at least, in whatever archery league I was in. It was a younger group.

Good times.

im awesome with a .22 u mad

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a good shot with a recurve bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be able to hit prairie dogs at 100+ yards with a Ruger 10/22 .22lr, and beer cans at 50 yards with a .357 Mag revolver. I also qualified "Expert Marksman" my first attempt qualifying with a handgun in the Navy.