Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    They said at the latest mid aug. They also said the invasion would be put out in tiers week by week. So why cram what they plan for a minimum of 3 weeks into the last 2 of the expac? Would be a pretty dumb move
    Earliest is second week of august. Latest is 3rd week of august.

"Around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally), after you’ve had time to play around with the patch and get a feel for the changes, some angry invaders are going to start dropping out of the skies over Azeroth."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    To the people that stated, "why on a Thursday" Comics, the Harbinger video, announcement of Prepatch date(which we all known) was on a Thursday or Friday. It would be stupid on Blizzard's part for demon invasions to last 2 weeks only.
    ?? Blizzard already said invasions wont happen before the 2nd week of august.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Earliest is second week of august. Latest is 3rd week of august.

"Around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally), after you’ve had time to play around with the patch and get a feel for the changes, some angry invaders are going to start dropping out of the skies over Azeroth."

- - - Updated - - -

?? Blizzard already said invasions wont happen before the 2nd week of august.
    Lol at all the people who take Blizzard at their word. They also said the pre patch would be about a month before launch so why have we had it for weeks already? My bet is next Tuesday invasions start. Learned long ago to not take anything Blizz says to heart. They lie more than Hilary.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Lol at all the people who take Blizzard at their word. They also said the pre patch would be about a month before launch so why have we had it for weeks already? My bet is next Tuesday invasions start. Learned long ago to not take anything Blizz says to heart. They lie more than Hilary.
    I'm pretty sure they said the prepatch will be longer and lasts from 4-6 weeks.

But you can be naive and think blizzard will actually be quicker in releasing something

Lul.. so we are just supposed to be hitting target dummies for a whole month to "get used to the changes"?? or.. Play severely unbalanced specs that we will only develop bad habits by playing incorrectly since priorities and talent choices will probably change. All there is to do is the same old content but with fewer buttons and mind-numbing gameplay (I play ret)... I have logged in twice during this prepatch for about 10 minutes each because what am I supposed to do that is different from the day before the pre-patch?

I have been playing ESO. Having fun with variety of builds/armor sets and deep profession system and how PVP is a huge open campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Lul.. so we are just supposed to be hitting target dummies for a whole month to "get used to the changes"?? or.. Play severely unbalanced specs that we will only develop bad habits by playing incorrectly since priorities and talent choices will probably change. All there is to do is the same old content but with fewer buttons and mind-numbing gameplay (I play ret)... I have logged in twice during this prepatch for about 10 minutes each because what am I supposed to do that is different from the day before the pre-patch?

I have been playing ESO. Having fun with variety of builds/armor sets and deep profession system and how PVP is a huge open campaign.
    Careful. Others might suggest things like the new coming system. Or try out your other specs & classes. Dangerous questions you're askin capn.

I agree overall. There isn't a whole lot of new fancy things. Guild and myself have been doing HFC with our "new mains" with the the exception of those who plan to play demon hunters. Long weeks to come. RIP

The invasions are supposed to go on and ramp up for a few weeks, not start a week or two before the expansion hits, so very likely to start next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    Careful. Others might suggest things like the new coming system. Or try out your other specs & classes. Dangerous questions you're askin capn.

I agree overall. There isn't a whole lot of new fancy things. Guild and myself have been doing HFC with our "new mains" with the the exception of those who plan to play demon hunters. Long weeks to come. RIP
    You mean the transmog system? I am never changing my weapon off of Quel'dalar (Ashbringer might be an exception), nothing looks as good as the MoP challenge mode armor with Argent tourney tabard (to me). I have all these items for transmog for "collection" purposes but I can't imagine using anything else. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they implemented this sytem, but it is just a quality of life change that doesn't add anything besides another interface menu for storage.

Why did Blizzard not give us anything to do? You would think that since a lot of people resub for the pre-patch that they would have some new stuff besides practicing on a target dummy.

Deleted
    Yeah the prepatch really sucks currently. I have now 8 classes on 705-710, but without the ring. Meaning I cannot raid above LFR no matter what (and tbh honest normal raids wouln't even reward anything but set items and trinkets, which in 5-6 weeks of time isn't even realistic to aim at) and only have battlegrounds and dungeons... I never play without breaks and if artifacts will gate raids as much as the legendaries since MoP it would just kill any returner. I miss the times of dragon soul, where you went to the 5mans, went LFR for 1-2 weeks and could jump right into normal mode raiding without big difficulties (also thanks to nerf debuff) or Wotlk and prior, where you could even craft some good shit, do heroic dungeons and join into the action with 10man mode as "always get in"-mode.
    Last edited by mmocc9b2dcdfec; 2016-07-27 at 09:04 PM.

Well my guess is next reset.

If you watch the last QA session, the guy on there answered a question and maybe was a slip up by him, but he said the prepatch would drop and we would be given ''a couple of weeks'' to play around with the changes, before invasions. Now where i am from couple = 2 and next week is the 2nd reset after the pre patch.

Now of course, for some people ''couple'' is synonymous with ''a few'' but given the stages and the time frame to legion release if we get invasions starting next week, that gives them 1 month for the whole invasions ramping up each week, while it also allows demon hunters to be released the following week on the 9/10th reset WHILE ALSO allowing them a one week grace if they arent ready with the DH changes by then, to then release dh no later than 16th/17th week. Otherwise, why would you use the language ''expect dh around 2nd (9/10th) or 3rd (16/17th) week of august, but no later than 17th''. Theyre just giving themselves room to finish balancing demon hunters to an acceptable level.

A tiny part of me hopes that they are looking to surprise us and release demon hunters next week, given the QA this friday about them, but thats like a 3% chance.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    KZ quests LOL? HAHA And Ulduar?
    aaaand... what exactly is so funny about karazhan and the ulduar campaign?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    To the people that stated, "why on a Thursday" Comics, the Harbinger video, announcement of Prepatch date(which we all known) was on a Thursday or Friday. It would be stupid on Blizzard's part for demon invasions to last 2 weeks only.
    <3

can't wait for legion, going to be great!

I'm expecting both Demon Hunters and the first phase of invasions to start on Tuesday. Main reason is due to the fact that this week in particular they're having the DH QA. I can see invasions start at the same time, but at a minimal level. Rare events here and there and it'll heat up as we get closer. Broken Isles i expect to come 2 weeks after Tuesday on the 16th.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    if your really looking forward to this I pitty you they are not that much fun and you will probably have your server crash multiple times and or the invasions freeze and just bug out.They couldnt fix this in beta and are still trying...
    Based on what they did in the past pre patch, I do aware of all those things. However, it is still better than nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whenever it is I cannot wait. Just hope I'm going to get time to do all the achievements and get some of the transmog gear

Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    What exactly is LOL and HAHA about it? There's quests to go to Karazhan to find a book written by Alodi and a quest in Ulduar to talk to Algalon to figure out what's going on.
    Apparently you don't know what KZ means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_concentration_camps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They're gonna end up giving us WAY too little time to enjoy them I'm willing to bet...
    Unfortunately, this is what I'm fearing as well. For some parts, like the Broken Shore, it's fine since it's a one time thing. But the invasions have limited time rewards that we have to grind for, so it would be nice to actually have time for it. I'm having a heavily unstable work schedule lately, and will likely continue the whole next month, so I'm hoping they enable invasions soon, but am sadly not counting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Invasions can't start before Broken Shore scenario, from a lore and quest perspective.

(Demon Hunters are the one that sell the items from the Invasions)

I don't know if that will apply to the game, but that's what makes sense to me.

I honestly hope for a Broken Shore release soon (hopefully by the beggining of the 2nd week of Agoust) along with DHs. And invasions for the rest of the month. You've to give time to people to farm after all.

Ulduar/Karazhan quests to be released in the remaining weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Apparently you don't know what KZ means.
    And there ever was only one meaning of an abbreviation? First non-WoW related thing that I'd have guessed is the country code for Kazakhstan.

People keep saying 2nd of 3rd week of august, but that was for DH's not the invasions themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Invasions can't start before Broken Shore scenario, from a lore and quest perspective.

(Demon Hunters are the one that sell the items from the Invasions)

I don't know if that will apply to the game, but that's what makes sense to me.

I honestly hope for a Broken Shore release soon (hopefully by the beggining of the 2nd week of Agoust) along with DHs. And invasions for the rest of the month. You've to give time to people to farm after all.

Ulduar/Karazhan quests to be released in the remaining weeks.
    the invasions are happening before the broken shore, they're what inspire us to attack there
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Why would it be next week when they explicitly said mid-August?
    Anybody who has played the beta or ptr knows it does not make any sense to have this for only two weeks.
    There is a bunch of stuff to collect from the invasion to get the transmog, achievements, pet etc.

And they did not say mid august, they said no later then the 17th, plus that sounded more to be for the Demon Hunter stuff.