Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i miss being able to fully honor gear my alt in ashran after 2hours
    Welcome to world of grindcraft where no matter what part of the game you enjoy you have a massive grind ahead to do anything, enjoy legion...

Deleted
    they should do something like every 200 kills in pvp awards a mark of honor, really sucks having a long bg where you get 150+ kills, but you lose/draw at the end and get no reward, whereas before you would at least get honor from the kills / objectives you did complete :|

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to agree with the OP. I did like 15 Bg's yesterday on my resto druid. I was #1 healing every Bg, out healing everyone by a large margin. I was, for all intents and purposes, carrying the group. Yet, we still lost almost every BG because of fucking idiots fighting mid. I got 0 marks.

That's really not a fair system, even for wardrobe appearances. A system that rewards ONLY those who win, and not those who try and try again yet lose continually and get absolutely nothing, is a bad system.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2016-07-27 at 09:44 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

u might have a point, but the mark of honor system seem to finally bring back that feel of "having to work together to win" in most bg groups that i joined. before this change most people where just afk defending and not even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    u might have a point, but the mark of honor system seem to finally bring back that feel of "having to work together to win" in most bg groups that i joined. before this change most people where just afk defending and not even trying.
    Even if they don't add anything for losing they need to up the winning marks, 1 a win is just so awful. And add more mark rewards for longer bg's ioc/av/ashran.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Even if they don't add anything for losing they need to up the winning marks, 1 a win is just so awful. And add more mark rewards for longer bg's ioc/av/ashran.
    Yeah I'm going to agree. At least 2 per win and a chance of one after a loss would be much better.

Remember people, this shit is pretty much exclusively for Xmog only. Gear isn't gotten in Legion with Marks of Honor. This is JUST COSMETIC. 1 per win = fucking stupid.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Yeah I'm going to agree. At least 2 per win and a chance of one after a loss would be much better.

Remember people, this shit is pretty much exclusively for Xmog only. Gear isn't gotten in Legion with Marks of Honor. This is JUST COSMETIC. 1 per win = fucking stupid.
    Waaaaaay back in the day you used to get marks specific to each BG for a win or loss. You'd get 3 for a win and 1 for a loss. However, the gear prices were much different as well. Right now you can buy a piece of gear for 1 mark. Then it was like at least 15 I think.

That being said, I think the biggest issue at the moment isn't the fact that only wins get marks (I'm cool with that), but rather that all BGs only give one mark. I actually kind of LIKE AV at the moment, but why should I spend 45 min to play it when WSG will be over in 10. I could play 4 other RBGs in the same amount of time and almost guarantee at least one mark, if not two or three.

I think that OP is right. (Btw, i played only one bg since patch, won and got no mark of honor...)
    Game designers should give something to motivate people to do BGs. If they keep this system, lots of players may abandon BGs.
    This system is only good for bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Why is one mark for a win awful? 5 wins for a weapon, how many wins did it use to take for a weapon? 3500 honor...pretty sure it was more than 5 wins. I do think losing is rather punishing though, if you have a terrible battlegroup.

I guess Ashran really changed peoples view on grinding honor..I didn't play much Ashran so I don't feel like the new system is a grind.

You also are not reliant on pvp gear as much anymore, so I feel like the only people complaining are the ones who want some quick pve gear.
    It's for transmog now not gear what happening at 100 right now is irrelevant.

So, basically instead of motivating people to actually play random BGs, they locked everything behind long grinds which only bots love doing.

Good job, B. Hole, good job indeed

@Quillgaroo: it will be much easier to grind this stuff on low-lvl BGs. Like, make yourself a bear and carry flags @19 or 29 lvl BGs. Try it, plays much better than with lvl100 boosted scrubs, baddies and bots. And dem achievements too...
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-28 at 06:42 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Eh, honor is back in Legion, but it'll be used to level your character in the new PvP system. That, and lockboxes, are the relevant things in Legion.

Marks of Honor are just meant as an extra cosmetic thing. A little bonus with no value for PvP performance that lets you get old gear for Transmog.

Pvp on your main and send to your alt, what's not to love

It's simply a pre-xpac situation that does suck for the consistently losing side (it happens and not even pro-players can turn a BG by themselves). After Legion's release, even losses will have a chance to award Marks. The better your team performed even when losing, the better your chances.

My advise: Join or form a pre-made. With gear mostly balanced out now, communication is pretty much auto-win now. Won close to a dozen games in a row with only a pre-made group of 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    So, basically instead of motivating people to actually play random BGs, they locked everything behind long grinds which only bots love doing.
    New system actually punishes bot-farming even hard now. Bots cause losses and now losses result in nothing instead of something.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Don't remind me. The horror in farming AV tokens.
    The ultimate glory days of being an Alliance Human Protection Warrior with raid-level gear, literally being paid gold to join realm AV games.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    im gonna have to agree with you we should get marks of honor even in a loss not as many as a win though but something because we can't prevent the rng from giving us premade groups.
    I can agree that since we are at the last 30 days until Legion release, it shouldn't matter who gets over rewarded at this point. All the gear will be irrelevant at 110 anyways.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I like that you can't lose your way to epics - or at least not epic items of your choosing, the gold boxes still award items. If nothing else it should encourage you to group up with a couple friends and work harder for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Its hard if not impossible to carry in a WOW bg expecialy if the other team-players are brain dead and sit there doing nothing
    The people who go into the bg and do nothing are actually why this new system is better. There is now ZERO incentive to go into a BG and do nothing, because the reward for losing is also zero (whereas before, you'd still slowly accumulate honor). It's true that one person can't win a bg - but one person can certainly LOSE a bg for you through inaction or stupidity. Hopefully the new system will weed those people out eventually because they're not getting any rewards at all for entering bgs.

(and, granted, there will still be those griefing 'tards whose sole purpose in life is to spoil it for everybody else by intentionally f'ing up a bg - but that's reportable.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    im gonna have to agree with you we should get marks of honor even in a loss not as many as a win though but something because we can't prevent the rng from giving us premade groups.
    Loling so hard at this post. Omg we need prevention because we might go up against a premade group omg.

Just make your own premade group. It takes 2 or 3 minutes to form a group if you recruit on your server and use the premade group finder. Its not hard, no reason to be crying over premade groups.

On topic- As for the actual topic, nobody should get anything for losing. If you got a guaranteed mark from losing, or had a 35% chance to get one from losing, people would choose to lose because they wouldnt have to put in any effort to get a mark. I love the way this system works. It encourages more and more people to try if they actually want rewards, whereas with the old system people didnt care either way and it even encouraged people to not try in BGs at all because they could still get rewards.

New system is good, and theres plenty of ways to win if you dont want to rely on the RNGness of BGs aka 1 team getting 3 healers and the other team getting none, 1 team having shit geared people and the other team having full pvp geared players, etc. One example is to just make your own premade with 1 healer and 4 good dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malstrum View Post
    I like that you can't lose your way to epics - or at least not epic items of your choosing, the gold boxes still award items. If nothing else it should encourage you to group up with a couple friends and work harder for the win.
    Basically, this ^.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-29 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    You either strive to improve yourself and win, or fuck off. Running around aimlessly with a thumb up your ass and still receiving enough to get by isn't how anything ever should be. Besides, the marks are for transmog and you still get some sort of box with gear if you lose. (Referring to at 100, don't know about 110.)

RNG shitboxes for gear suck though.

Problem with most of these quotes is. You can be the best player in the world. If the opposing team is playing as a team and yours arent you cant win. Personal skill doesnt matter. What does is team work and communication. And most of the players in ovp (at least on my server playing horde) arent interested. Admittedly ppl are just fucking around till legion comes out i get that. But get gid comments are fucking stupid. Arena. Yes i agree but random bg. Its not about personal skill. Especially when you get the zerg upon you hehe

I disagree that win-or-nothing will make people try harder - I see the exact opposite ("Let's afk and let them win and move on to the next match") happening more often. And plus for casual contents like randoms it should no way be as punitive as the harder contents.

The only way to make people actually try harder is to give reward based on your individual performance.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2016-07-30 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic