Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Harbingers Preview, CRZ Group Bug, Professions Preview, Loot, Curse Client Changes

Patch 2.4.2: First Look - Overview, Season 6 Rank #1 GR 127 Clear

Building Bases Finalist Voting - HearthPwn Card Design Competition

Weekly Rotation & Sales for July 26, Town Hall Heroes Ep. 114, Into the Nexus #118

July 26th Overwatch Patch - Ana Buffs, McCree Balance, Bug Fixes

Harbingers - Khadgar Preview
    Another episode of the Harbinger animated series is releasing tomorrow, this time focusing on Khadgar.

Unable to See Friends in Your Party In-Game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We are currently investigating an issue where players in your party or raid may not be visible in-game due to being out of phase or on another realm. Our development team is currently working on a resolution and we'll be using this forum sticky to provide updates.

Preview - Professions in Legion
    In World of Warcraft: Legion, a number of updates and improvements to Professions are on their way. Today, we’re taking a look at the new ways you’ll work with the resources of Azeroth—as well as some new raw materials left in the wake of the Burning Legion invasion.

Quest to Be the Best
    First and foremost, you’re going to find yourself going on more Profession-related quests than ever before. An Archaeology questgiver may want you to work with Brann Bronzebeard. A Jewelcrafting questgiver may challenge you to put the finishing touches on some gems. Only a commitment to working with your Profession trainers will earn you the most cutting-edge recipes. There are new quests related to most everything you do in each Profession, and as you learn your new and improved tradeskills, Profession-oriented quests will push you to rank up your recipes.

Recipes With Ranks
    That’s right, in Legion, you’ll commit to your recipes to upgrade them, making them more efficient than they previously were. You can see each recipe’s rank in stars in the updated Professions window.

Ranks also apply to your gathering Professions—mining, herbalism, and skinning—where you’ll earn ranks of perks that make you a better gatherer.

Obliterum and Blood of Sargeras
    You’ll find that among the many new items related to Professions in Legion, two will surely stand out: Obliterum and Blood of Sargeras. You’ll obtain Blood of Sargeras in a number of ways—it can be an added drop when gathering or disenchanting, and can be received in all manner of quest and dungeon rewards.

Blood of Sargeras is a rare reagent used in many recipes, from Engineering’s Cranial Cannons (a gun you wear on your head) to Jewelcrafting’s Chatterstone toy. Along with other reagents, Leatherworkers will use 25 Blood of Sargeras to craft the Great Northern Elderhorn mount.

You’ll obtain Obliterum by obliterating crafted gear at your Obliterum Forge in Dalaran.

Obliterum is the epic item that upgrades the item level of your crafted armor by 5, taking it from item level 815 all the way to item level 850. As with so many steps in your professional development, gaining access to your Obliterum Forge is the subject of a quest line.

This Thing Goes to 800
    Every Profession in Legion has 100 new levels of fascinating and fel discoveries for you to make, as well as new and exciting adventures for you to undertake. Archaeology in the Broken Isles means new finds that can turn up a mount, a pet, a toy, and some items that are available via quests rather than digsites. Tailors can make clothes chests that allow others in their party or raid to try on a whole set of clothes in one click. First Aid quests will have you bandaging up the wounded on the front lines of the war against the invading Legion. Scribes will create valuable Vantus Runes, which increase your performance against a specific boss, and you’ll want to savor Cooking, which now includes bacon.

Some Blacksmiths will even learn how to craft a Steelbound Devourer mount!

Want to know more? Last month, Senior Game Designer Paul Kubit answered a number of questions from players about Professions in Legion—check out the VoD below.

Group Loot Bugs
    We used Group Loot again in our raid last night and it is really getting frustrating. We are consistently having people that arent able to roll need on something that they want because of the iLvl restrictions, everyone in the raid was able to roll need on the Conq Tier Tokens even if they werent Paladin, Priest, Warlock ....
    There's a significant bug with Group Loot that posts like this have brought to light over the past day. On Leather and Mail armor, which has both Intellect and Agility, the presence of Intellect is incorrectly preventing Rogues and Hunters from rolling Need on those items. That's obviously unintended, and terrible. It shouldn't behave that way, and we're working towards a fix within the next day.

The Tier Token behavior you mention is also unintended - class restrictions should be respected. We'll investigate and fix if something is awry there.

No comment on the issue of iLvL restrictions preventing rolls? Or is that a working as intended with the intention being to really force PL on all situations and hope that altruism suddenly grows in the cesspit that is most of the playerbase?
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that. We don't believe that is currently happening, and it's absolutely not intended. If an item is for your class, you should be able to roll Need on it regardless. If it is specifically for your spec, your roll should take priority over off-spec rolls. And if an item is not for your class (unequippable or intended for a role your class cannot perform, such as a rogue looking at a tank trinket ), then you should only be able to roll Greed/DE. There should be no other logic or restrictions on the system, and if you encounter any, we'd be very interested in hearing more.

The reports we've seen that seemed to blame player item level for inability to roll, thus far, were actually caused by the Rogue/Hunter issue I mentioned above.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    UI / Addons
    How do I turn off that new center resource display?
    Interface -> Names -> Personal Resource Display (WatcherDev)

Forging a Hero - Arthas Statue
    Blizzard made a nice Arthas Statue for the 25th anniversary of the founding of Blizzard Entertainment!

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    This year marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of Blizzard Entertainment; and what better way to celebrate this epic milestone, than by casting one of the company’s most iconic characters in a 14 foot, 4,000 pound, truly one-of-a-kind statue. Located on the Calligraphy Greenway in Taichung, Taiwan, this bronze portrayal of the Lich King Arthas Menethil wasn’t created just to commemorate an anniversary, but also to recognize and celebrate the incredible Taiwanese gaming community.

We’ve prepared a video below to give you a glimpse at how an army of talented individuals came together to bring one of Blizzard Entertainment’s most tragic characters out of the game and into the world. We hope you can feel the effort and passion that went into making this concept a reality.

A Word from Mike Morhaime:
    “We are thrilled to see the unveiling of Arthas, created by Taiwanese designer, Steve Wang, happening in Taichung”, said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “The statue of Arthas is not just for the 25th birthday of Blizzard, but it is also our appreciation to all gaming communities in Taiwan. We are looking forward to the next 25 years of epic gaming experiences.”

Upcoming Curse Client Changes
    Curse Client v5 is being phased out, and all of its functionality is being added to the Curse app.

Features
    • Full Mac support
    • Expanded localization support for many more languages
    • No more ads
    • Memory usage remains very low, even with full access to the feature-rich Curse app

Process
    • Stage one is rolling out WoW addons to the alpha Curse app. All alpha users will be able to check out the new World of Warcraft tab on the left navigation bar and immediately be able to access addon management.
    • The second stage will push WoW addons to the live Curse app. The Curse app will also become the default download for new WoW addon users during this stage.
    • The third stage will begin the migration of WoW Curse Client v5 users to the Curse app -- the client will provide information about the migration and point users to the Curse app. We are offering one free month of Curse Premium to all Curse Client v5 users who choose to migrate over to the Curse app during this stage as a thank you for trying it out early.
    • The fourth and final stage will migrate all remaining Curse Client v5 users to the Curse app. The client will ask users to install the Curse app to continue managing their WoW addons.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-07-28 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So what is this khadgar video? Is it a prophecy? Dalaran going to fall in the future? I'm confuised
    It's a teaser, you're not supposed to understand it yet.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why would I ever want to use that new Curse App? I only use Curse Client to easily update my addons. I don't want it bloated with functions I will never use such as calling, chat and friends list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Why would I ever want to use that new Curse App? I only use Curse Client to easily update my addons. I don't want it bloated with functions I will never use such as calling, chat and friends list.
    You can close It after you are done ..

Says there's full Mac support.

That'll be nice...once it gets here, I guess.

Unless I completely missed it (a total possibility, I admit), I see no link to even the alpha client.

/shrug.

For YEARS, I would have paid for Curse Premium...but it didn't work on the Mac. Then they abandoned the Mac client, altogether.

I hope it does actually deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar trailer hype. sign me up!

Deleted
    The Curse client is somewhat weird: it says it's a new client, alpha users can immediately start managing wow addons.
    I downloaded it (on Win 10), installed - i cannot manage my wow addons. It's basically a feature rich Messenger client...

As stated here:

• Stage one is rolling out WoW addons to the alpha Curse app. All alpha users will be able to check out the new World of Warcraft tab on the left navigation bar and immediately be able to access addon management.

I cannot find any 'Alpha' version, so i downloaded the Client from curse.com, which gives you the new Curse client already, without wow addon management.
    Also, on the main Curse page curse.com there's no mentioning of wow addon management anymore.

To say the least: pretty confusing!
    Last edited by mmocc0628405d1; 2016-07-28 at 07:12 AM.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what we need - another standalone chat app.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Exactly this. I already have a dozen of Discord servers and my guild uses TS3. I don't need another goddamn chat client bloating my system when all I need is simple AddOn updating.

10+ Year Old Account
    No adds?

Will the data the app mines from us be worth more than Ad revenue?

Deleted
    I don't mind that new features and functionalities are implemented into a new 'Curse app' as they like to call it these days. There might possibly good and fun features in it, but that's another discussion.

But i'm curious to see the reasoning behind introducing a new client without wow addon management already in it, while that was exactly the number 1 reason everyone is using the Curse client in the first place!

I'm an addon developer and I want streamlined version of 2008 Curse Client, kek. Couldn't care less about social media, voice chat or other features being integrated into client.

I'll keep using v5 until they add addon support to new client, then I'll switch to a new one, but I'll use it this way: open -> update -> kill.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-28 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    You can close It after you are done ..
    That doesn't solve the issue that i still get a whole lot of completely pointless functions running while i use it. If nothing else, it will slow down the startup of the app for no good reason.

The Curse Client already does more than i really need. If i had to start up this stupid app, i might as well just download everything directly again. And if Curse makes that harder, i'm just going elsewhere.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So keen for the new Profession System.

Ooo, Khadgar! Great!

Wish to start Legion already

Also bit off, but very curious: am I the only one who heard Fel Reaver sounds again? I was flying to (flight path) Sholazar to buy some stuff and heard it in Wintergrasp. Just like the previous patch and Ashran - Fel Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That doesn't solve the issue that i still get a whole lot of completely pointless functions running while i use it. If nothing else, it will slow down the startup of the app for no good reason.

The Curse Client already does more than i really need. If i had to start up this stupid app, i might as well just download everything directly again. And if Curse makes that harder, i'm just going elsewhere.
    TBH, it loads as fast as v5 does, and v5 is slow, kek.

Lack of modularity is a bit frustrating, but as a developer I sorta can guess why there's none. Well, they allow to "disable" things, and from what I've read, you'll be able to set addon manager as your default screen, at least something

All curse want is spread the bad Voice System. I mean, Discord is out, most people use it. Curse Voice can just be shutted down....

PS: For Alpha: "About Curse" -> Switch to Alpha. But Alpha not contain addons yet. Maybe in a week or so
    Last edited by Ehnoah; 2016-07-28 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So what is this khadgar video? Is it a prophecy? Dalaran going to fall in the future? I'm confuised
    Wait until the whole video is released.

Fuck off with that Curse Client shit.

Deleted
    I wonder what the business model for the curse client is going to be if it isn't adds anymore.