View Poll Results: Are you going to buy BlizzCon Virtual Ticket?

Voters
221. This poll is closed
  • YES

69 31.22%
  • no

69 31.22%
  • Maybe

38 17.19%
  • NEVER

45 20.36%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    I would never ever waste money on that shit and I have no idea how people can be so stupid to waste money for bascially nothing! All the Panels are on YouTube like 5min after they are over and the intersting Stuff (Opening and SC2 Tourney) are free anyways. You can buy fucking Legion or any better Game for 40€, wtf is wrong with people? But well, these are the same Idiots who pay for my Subscriptions, so well I'm not stopping them making me play the Game for free.
    These 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    For starters most of that probably buy the Blizzcon tickets aren't the ones buying your wow tokens. I know I buy mine with gold just fine and *gasp* I purchased a Blizzcon ticket too. You do realize you get more than just the panels, right? You get them uninterrupted for one and right as they air (not later on a youtube channel). Secondly you get access to Blizzcon items which you might not be interested in, but some people are. Third you get items in-game too.

You might not care about all that and only the panels and that's fine, but there's no reason to be calling people stupid for spending money how they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As long as it's something I enjoy and want, or whatever the reason may be, it isn't a waste of money to me. It's really that simple to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    People pay a lot more money to see other things live like sport instead of listening to it on the radio / watching it later. So they are all stupid?
    Nail it. If I'm not at BlizzCon, I buy the virtual tickets. I find it to be worth the money because I want to be watching stuff LIVE. I want to WATCH the announcements as they happen, not read them or watch them later. It's a fun hype thing, something I greatly enjoy. On top of the 2 day entertainment, I also get in-game goodies, that you can't get elsewhere.

So, between the fun and the goodies, to me, it is worth the money. I can understand why it wouldn't be for some, why can't you understand why it WOULD be for some?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Paying the price of a new game on pc just to watch some shitty streaming with a bunch of developers/ PR people trying to hype a crowd of blind sheep (like the E3 also)?

No thanks, complete middle finger to us consumers but its usual stuff with companies like blizzard, activision or EA

Maybe, I'm not sure yet. Bought last year's virtual ticket and Murkidan was cute

I'd like to go to the actual thing, but I can never get a ticket
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    i normaly do just to show my support of all blizzard games but some decisions regarding camera changes in wow and a few other things will keep me from doing it this year

You do realize that they already make tons of profit with cheap f2P games alone? (hello hearthstone)

Showing support to a company would actually matter for small studios, not huge cash machines like Blizzard. Trust me, they absolutely do not need financial support, this money will never go to improve the game or their ambition, they are just designing games to be cashcows nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    You do realize that they already make tons of profit with cheap f2P games alone? (hello hearthstone)

Showing support to a company would actually matter for small studios, not huge cash machines like Blizzard. Trust me, they absolutely do not need financial support, this money will never go to improve the game or their ambition, they are just designing games to be cashcows nowadays.
    Aaaand here's Captain Obvious telling everyone what they should do.
    C'mon dude, it's a private consumer decision, don't tell people who they should support or how they should spend their money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Aaaand here's Captain Obvious telling everyone what they should do.
    C'mon dude, it's a private consumer decision, don't tell people who they should support or how they should spend their money.

They do whatever they like with their money but stating that paying for a blizzcon stream is "supporting blizzard" is completely wrong and naive. They do not need more funding, they already make tons of profit with their games alone.

I just find it annoying that people prefer to throw even more money at Blizzard activision's throat rather than small independent studios that actually try to deliver something new and fresh instead of yearly cash grabs. But hey you get what you deserve, so the shitty state of modern gaming is nothing more than the responsibility of blind consumers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    stating that paying for a blizzcon stream is "supporting blizzard" is completely wrong and naive. They do not need more funding, they already make tons of profit with their games alone.
    lol..

I can choose to give my money to Donald Trump, Blizzard, Amnesty International or the economically struggling local dog shelter. Maybe I support all of them?
    Maybe I like success and want to reward successful companies?

Maybe I just like Blizzard and the stuff they do?

Who do you think gets to decide who is worthy of my support? That's right, me!
    It's my money and you have fuck all to do with it.

And while I can respect your quirky parallel universe communistic gamer utopia - you're not the dictator. So you don't get to judge who is worthy of my support. Sorry buddy.

In-game items. I always buy Blizzcon virtual tickets.

Depends on if I can get time off when its on. If I can, I won't bother and will go around to a mate's place to watch it with him. If I can't, I might get the ticket and watch it later.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    No and never will. To me it's a waste of money because everything they say during the show will be posted on here and other places either the same day or the next. It also isn't worth it for the in game items either because you're then basically spending like $30-$40 on a couple of little things that are definitely not worth that much money.

Now it would be a different story to actually go there and be there in person. If that were the case then yeah definitely it sounds like a fun event to go to. Unfortunately it's way too far from where I live and I don't feel like spending the money to book a flight down there.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they stop doing mount / toys etc and now just stick to murloc pets? Give us a good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Why did they stop doing mount / toys etc and now just stick to murloc pets? Give us a good shit.
    They did one mount in 2008 and the suit in 2007. The other 7 have been pets. Hardly a majority.

It depends on what the ingame items are this year.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They did one mount in 2008 and the suit in 2007. The other 7 have been pets. Hardly a majority.
    But why did they suddenly go "MURLOC LOL XDDDD LETS THEME THEM!"?

Maybe, yes, depends on how Legion plays out, the virtual rewards, but it wont be from DirecTV they fuck it up every year.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

15+ Year Old Account
    Not buying it; I never have, although I have thought about it from time to time. I work on Friday, so I'd miss most of the 1st day anyway, and as many have said, the info at Blizzcon is soon readily available. The in game goodies or chance to buy the swag bag is not enough of an incentive for me. I wish I could go see it live though.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Already did!

Stopped buying V.T. after Warlords of Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what will be show for Warcraft, since it's my favorite blizzard universe. But since they'll be after legion released i suspect it wont be match (of course there is a chance for warcraft IV rts announcment )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    It's been a few years, maybe this time they will have news I am actually going to be interested in
    You really should have made this thread after they announced the ingame things. The news can be gotten from watching streams or, you know, reading the summary 5mins later? Like, paying money for a pixel mount, yeah that I can still understand but paying for something you get in a matter of minutes anyways, I can't understand that.