Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

A few WoW fixes that can save the game.

Forenote: I'm not whining. I'm just sharing some ideas I thought of, it's not gospel and neither are any bodies opinion in this forum even if they think it is.

It's my wish people can understand what a discussion is and how they can use it for something positive or creative >.>.

-A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones. Quest are reserved for important story lines. This is done to cut out "go fetch me this" quest and try to make it look self important. Quest will be overhauled to be more investigative and more difficult. But the experience and gold rewards would be 10 times more.

-Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience. These tutorials give players tips on how to utilize their abilities in certain situations and also explain why some abilities would be beneficial to use in specific orders. They are available from class trainers.

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments at a time. You can move on to more jobs after you decide to move on from your current ones.

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.

Basically interest are like personal quest with it's own progression. Like I want to buff NPC's. That will come with like its own goals like an achievement list. Like buff every race, give every type of buff your class has, buff 100 people, just examples developers can get as creative as they want with the goals. But for every one you accomplish you earn experience.

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.

-Players can make player made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have. Killing a monster at level 20 could award 1 experience bar. Leveling doesn't take as long as people think. But getting to a higher level just assure that you know how to play the game.

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2016-07-30 at 07:20 PM.

Save the game from what? Is WoW dying?

If there's something we can learn from WoW is that people hate drastic changes...

Deleted
    I really like flying mount idea but this could never work out because people that buy store mounts could never be able to use them for 100% so this would decrease sells so bad for Blizzards business etc, so not going to happen.

Honestly if the crafting system in WoW was a class system like FF14 then Crafting quests would be cool for both leveling and max level but it just doesn't seem something that would work in WoW.

There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.

Why should you be penalized for using something you earned through gold or other means? Especially with Legion gating the system.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.

No. Actually make new content for the expansion when it comes to raids. If there is 3 tiers like Legion said there would be then they are slowly getting back on track.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-28 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post

If there's something we can learn from WoW is that people hate drastic changes...
    Less than 2m subs from 12m... wadda think fanboyz.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Any evidence of less than 2 million?

I think you don't quite know what imaginary numbers are.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    While your intend is laudable, what does "more meaningful and rewarding" mean?
    I'm kinda confused on that as well. Blue's and greens from questing already have a chance to upgrade in quality and that seems plenty rewarding.

I've heard there's about 15 remaining players altogether.

-A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones
    I don't want less quests, I want more quests that are interesting, also quests being more rewarding would mean they give better rewards, which sucks because quests are not end game, leveling should be enjoyable but not rewarding (I don't know if I'm clear :/)

-Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience.
    That's called a Dummy Target and it exists already, theres also the new class trial that lets you try the basics of a class before boosting one

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.
    That would not work at all in an MMO like WoW, especially in Legion where you need to level up your artifact (yay you crafted a gem, here's artifact power => doesnt make any sense)

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments a day.
    That idea seems horrible to me, first having only 5 a day means that either they are extremely short and you log on 10mn every day then log off (once the launch hype and content has died obviously) or they are extremely long and they become a tedious progress like the MoP dailies that took hours to do and were just mindless, the World quests system sounds a lot better to me.

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.
    That's not roleplaying, if you want to roleplay just roleplay, that's just a mindless system other mmos have invented to try and simulate an alive world, killing 30 wolves and then seeing "you now know how to kill wolves efficiently" doesnt make me belong in the world.

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.
    You don't need to be at 700 or plus to make Legion crafts so your first point is moot, the second is also being made in Legion, the more you craft something the easier it'll be for you to craft it later (star system)

-Players can make playe made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.
    An addon already does that, and that sounds terrible, players absolutely cannot be trusted with making content or 3/4 of the created items will be "how alien dicks attacked goldshire on a full moon" and the last quarter will be emo stuff about you being the disciple of an overpowered player that thinks he's incredibly cool

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.
    Rated PvP

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.
    The point of Rested is that it grows when you're afk, if you have to play to get rested it defeats the point

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have.
    I don't see the point in AI enemies in WoW, they have abilities, they use them, no need for fancy AI stuff. I do agree that leveling should prepare you more for raiding but just boosting the health of an enemy isn't a solution

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.
    I don't want to buy Legion to then have to gear myself in Cataclysm raids, no thanks. Combat is already about the optimal use of your abilities PAIRED with smart items and stats gearing

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.

Again, I don't want to buy something and have to do things I have done in older expansions just to simulate content

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.
    Having flying locked behind exploring the world makes a lot more sense, mounts never had a cooldown and so giving them one now would be like "yeah you had this, fuck you you don't have it anymore)

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life.
    Again, I don't want to do old expansions content, why did I buy the new one if I'm just going to revisit old raids ? Also this sounds very vague

Edit: Added color because it was hard to read
    Edit2: Changed color because teal hurts eyes
    Last edited by Winrarw; 2016-07-28 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    So, enough players complained about the removal of flight in WoD for them to revert it, and your idea of saving the game is to alienate those same players. Nice logic.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Any evidence of less than 2 million?
    Quarterly Reports send to investors, used to contain sub numbers and revenues.

Last official Q containing subs numbers, was for about 5m subs, the next Q they refused to include the subs # and the revenue dropped by 1/3, same deal with the quarter after than but another 1/4 lower revenue, then they merged all game revenue togheter

Quarterly Reports send to investors, used to contain sub numbers and revenues.

Last official Q containing subs numbers, was for about 5m subs, the next Q they refused to include the subs # and the revenue dropped by 1/3, same deal with the quarter after than but another 1/4 lower revenue, then they merged all game revenue togheter
    Which was down by 500k subs from the previous quarter. I very highly doubt in 7 months it has dropped 2.5 million to 3 million especially with the pre expansion patch just hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post

It's been dying since wotlk, statistically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    -A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones
    The quest grind is fine, If you want to compare it with other MMO's We got it pretty lucky with WOW.
    -Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience.
    Two part answer:
    1)If you are referring to Experience to contribute towards leveling, this is bad idea as third parties could develop bot software to grind XP on a predicted training session.
    2) I would agree that it would be nice if the training dummies had mechanics that players could react to, the closest thing right now is the proving grounds.

Giving away experience is useless to people who go through an expansion playing one or two characters. Currently the collecting proffesions do already give you experience, but you need to be aware of bots and their developers to exploit these.

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments a day.
    Sounds more like a pvp thing. sounds great and all but what if your server has a large Alliance pop and the only way Horde wins in world pvp is late at night when majority of the server is offline.

I'm pretty sure we already get experience for killing wolves and collecting various npc body parts.

The catch up mechanic from Warlords makes leveling professions a joke. In legion the more you craft the items the less materials you will need to make them as they level.

-Players can make playe made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.
    Most guilds post their strats or guides on their website. There is also numerous streaming sites that offer strategies for free on their websites (R.I.P. Tankspot)

The coding would be insane to Mark a random play for death, Also they would need to implement a way where marked players wont feel harassed.

Currently you get 100% bonus experience for 1.5 levels at full rested iidrc. Someone did a calculation if you were to maximize all the bonus xp buffs, you could get up 900% bonus experience.
    Edit: You also mentioned to reduce stats on gear to make leveling challenging but why would you want to add it back? The rested bonus is more a catch up for players who have been logged off for extended period of time.

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have.
    What about new players that don't really know what they are doing? most of the challenging content is at the End Game. if you are looking for a challenge while leveling PVP may be the route you should take.

Some Classes have two or three abilities at level 20 there isn't really much room for skill. just seems like complicated way to level if you ask me. Just sounds mythic level grinding which would lose interest by a lot of casual players.
    What happen when I reach 80 and Everyone was capped at 100, how would I pull my own weight if 20 levels lower then everyone else and i would presume 20 level lower then the level required for current content. Basically you want to take out a portion of the stats and replace it with more experience grinding.

As much I love certain raids from older expansions, I just don't think players want to raid the Same Raid for 2+ years, it's bad enough we got stuck with SoO and HFC for over a year. Most of the old raids are for alts and the older for achievement / mount farmers.
    That or Allowing flying if you completed all the quests in the zone, cant skip content if you already completed it.
    Last couple Expansions Blizzard has been putting old content to use, either by resurrecting Raids/Dungeons as heroic dungeons or using them for quest lines. A good portion of legion you find your self in familiar place to get your artifact weapon or quests from your order hall.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-28 at 11:21 AM.

"-A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones
    -Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience"
    I always felt questing was what helped you practice your abilities and get experience doing rotations.

I love it when people make sub numbers up from their imaginations and toss them around like it is a fact. People have returned to the game to prepare for legion (you are not prepared!) and are doing that last push to gear up and level Alts or get a raid boss down. People always leave at end tier. It is the normal ebb and flow of the game.

Deleted
    Quests are the worst thing that happened to any mmorpg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    That or Allowing flying if you completed all the quests in the zone, cant skip content if you already completed it.
    Given that Draenor and Broken Isle's flying already requires the Loremaster as part of the meta, this is already the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Last couple Expansions Blizzard has been putting old content to use, either by resurrecting Raids/Dungeons as heroic dungeons or using them for quest lines. A good portion of legion you find your self in familiar place to get your artifact weapon or quests from your order hall.
    I really love the way they are merging the old and new lore via the artifact quests, too bad people will just call it lazy recycling of content not realising many of these areas have been modified with new level content (such as the paladin class hall and Karazhan artifact quests) specifically for Legion.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Quests are the worst thing that happened to any mmorpg.
    quests have been around long before MMOs were. If you want to Buy a game and jump into Endgame content go play COD.