Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.
    To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.[/COLOR]
    Again, I don't want to buy something and have to do things I have done in older expansions just to simulate content[/QUOTE]

Agree with this point, Its one of the worst things in FF14. Heres a new quest, relic, event now.... go back to the previous expansion and cack on with those dungeons you were sick of running when the content was current (not helped by the fact there was only 3 now 2 relevent dungeons per patch and you had to farm that for almost everything so the burnout was so fast)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Which was down by 500k subs from the previous quarter. I very highly doubt in 7 months it has dropped 2.5 million to 3 million especially with the pre expansion patch just hitting.
    the last 2 Q's we saw, was 5.7 mil, then 5.6 so i doudt in another 6 months, it would go from going down 100k a month (stablized as its reached the players who will stay subbed based on whatever) to going down 3 million in 6 months... before pre-patch i was thinking maybe 4 mil min, 5 mil max, but now its prob about 5 mil
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Given that Draenor and Broken Isle's flying already requires the Loremaster as part of the meta, this is already the case...

I really love the way they are merging the old and new lore via the artifact quests, too bad people will just call it lazy recycling of content not realising many of these areas have been modified with new level content (such as the paladin class hall and Karazhan artifact quests) specifically for Legion.
    I was more thinking along the lines of each zone. If did all the quests in Azsuna and Val' Sharah you can fly there but you cant for the rest until you complete them all. Also goes towards the previous expansions, may compel players from skipping content.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.
    To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.[/COLOR]
    Again, I don't want to buy something and have to do things I have done in older expansions just to simulate content
    [/QUOTE]Agree with this point, Its one of the worst things in FF14. Heres a new quest, relic, event now.... go back to the previous expansion and cack on with those dungeons you were sick of running when the content was current (not helped by the fact there was only 3 now 2 relevent dungeons per patch and you had to farm that for almost everything so the burnout was so fast)[/QUOTE]

The relic in FF14 is fine. It might make you do old content but every 3 and a half months it brings in new stuff for you to do. Also having do to old content for the older relic is normal. As for events WoW makes you do content that has barely changed each year as does FF14 except with the collaboration events. As for the relic being grindy it is an alternative weapon to casual players who don't raid the endgame like savage and EX primals.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-28 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Agree with this point, Its one of the worst things in FF14. Heres a new quest, relic, event now.... go back to the previous expansion and cack on with those dungeons you were sick of running when the content was current (not helped by the fact there was only 3 now 2 relevent dungeons per patch and you had to farm that for almost everything so the burnout was so fast)
    I stopped playing FFXI because of this, i got 50 and got help to get the first limit break and I couldn't find anyone who needed the next one beside people who wanted Gil in exchange,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Less than 2m subs from 12m... wadda think fanboyz.
    considerin blizz isnt givin out numbers anymore im rather interested where you know how much subs they got
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I stopped playing FFXI because of this, i got 50 and got help to get the first limit break and I couldn't find anyone who needed the next one beside people who wanted Gil in exchange,
    I stopped playing 11 because it was way too grindy for my tastes at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    -A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones
    Instead of 6 small quests you get 1 big one. same result, does nothing. Quests are plenty meaningful already, we just skip over them because lore = boring.

-Training system that lets you practice abilities and rotations for experience.
    If you want to train you have training dummy's and proving grounds

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.
    World Objectives already give XP, crafting can do but RP? Yeah thats never happening and utterly not needed

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments a day.
    Guard this empty bit of road! boring, and world quests already do this to a better extend in Legion

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.
    Lack of roleplay is not what is killing wow, 99% of people have no interest in roleplaying

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.
    WoD and Legion already work fully from skill 1. Upgraded schematics are already in legion

-Players can make playe made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.
    what, so people have to pay for guides? The internet does this just fine combined with the dungeon journal.

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.
    only a atiny tiny group of people miss world pvp, and of those, most just miss ganking people

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.
    Level is already short

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have.
    What is a smart AI? What are you expecting out of this? A mob that kicks spells and uses DR cd's? We already have those

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.
    Yes, powercreep is to high. your first valid point.

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.
    WoW has always been casual, it has never not been casual. stop trying to make it something it has never been

-To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.
    bad on so many levels but to keep it simple. recycle != new content

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.
    How about no flying. Gz, we already have it

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life.
    Hello new player. Here are 50 raids you have to do before you meet your friends. HF! Again terrible not thought out idea
    Answers added in bold.

congratulations, you made 1 valid point, that's more then most of these posts do.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Tbh I think people who think they can "save the game" should go apply to Blizzard and see how that goes.

Your changes are way too minor to save Wow. I guess, the biggest Wow problem - is still lack of content. Blizzard still can't produce content FOR EVERYONE - they have to make content, that is shared between different kinds of players, which requires too many compromises and frustrates ALL players as the result. For example: raids have always been intended for social players and outdoor content have always been intended for solo players. And what do we have now? Blizzard implemented 4 raid difficulties, including LFR, so every player can raid now, even solo one. But it isn't the worst case, cuz raid difficulties are at least separated from each other, so in ideal situation players shouldn't even know and care about each other. The worst case - is outdoor content. Since Cata Blizzard have been trying to make it more and more "social" - to implement more and more interaction between players. And what now? Outdoor content is being taken away from players like me - players, who, like small group content, like 5ppl dungeons and 10ppls raids, but prefers to do outdoor content alone and hate forced competition and socialization. And in the past at least Blizzard were making separate locations, like Molten Front or Timeless Isle, I could simply ignore. But now they design ALL content this way. We need separate "Group outdoor content", that won't interfere with solo outdoor content.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-28 at 11:48 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted

The quests are meaningful and rewarding. Especially in legion.

.... so target dummies? Except why would you want experience for it? Leveling in wow is a journey between expansions. The real game starts at max level.

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.

Why? Is your real problem that gaining levels is to slow for you? like honestly?

-Daily quest is replaced with Jobs System. Jobs are objectives in the world you can get assigned to, such as holding a hill, guarding a building, or scouting a route out there in the world. The enemy faction could having an opposing job. You can get pay for how much of the job you do. You can have 5 job assignments a day.

You are aware that most of wows population dont play pvp right? A large part of the pvp crowd dont want to pvp all the time either.

This system sounds horrible.

The new world quest system is like 5000x better then this

-Role Playing system: Let the player develop self interest and build a sense of belonging in the world. As the player explore the world the player will discover interest, such as killing wolves, collecting elf ears, or buffing npc's. Players can explore these interest for title's and transmog's and also grants experience.

Honestly? I have no fucking clue what this means. Basicly as the player explores the world he does quests collecting various shit from monsters. Granting experience.????????

This is how questing works.

Wtf bro are you high?

-Less profession levels to reduce time needed to progress a profession so its easier to catch up to the players level. You can upgrade your profession schematics the more you make the item, allowing your dedication to your profession to give you distinction.

Why does everything need to be easier?

Its already to easy to level professions imo

-Players can make playe made contents such as guides and short stories that can be sold in the auction house or be handed out to guild members as strategies and guidelines.

Why would you ever pay for something you can find for free online.

Another horrible idea

-Community centered features such as leaderboards and bounty hunting players of the enemy faction.

This is the least shittiest feature i've read so far. I guess some kind of server whide bounty and leaderbords(no idea how they would work) could be kinda fun. Who sets the bounty tho?

-Staying in towns and cities for 10 minutes can get you res xp + rest bonus of 3%+ stats. There will be mini games in cities that can increase the rest bonus up to 5%.

The point of rested XP is that its something you get when afk. What the hell is the point in working for rested xp instead of jsut working for actual xp?

[COLOR="#FF0000"]-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have. [COLOR="#FF0000"]

No. Just no. its a bad idea.

-Less stat gaps between items and level. Stats only increases to about 1% every level. Combat is more about use of ability than stats and items. The higher your level the more strategies you have access to. The stat squish reduces the distance a each players have in order to play with each other, also it makes older content less worthless and the possibilities of remaining relevant. Content could also be more spread out around the world since each zones are not so far apart.

This is a MMORPG. Not a MMOPVPONLY game. Its about advancing your character and feeling stronger. This is your worst idea so far. It would completely ruin wow.

-There are 100 levels players can acquire. The first 80 levels can be acquired through normal means. The next 20 level are paragon levels. Used for end game progression. Experience for paragon can only be achieved through difficult means such as raids, challenge dungeons, arena, rated battlegrounds. It becomes increasingly more difficult to level the higher the paragon.

So someone that doesnt do the end game challenging content will be 20 levels behind everyone else?
    I just dont see the point. Just just advocated for gear being less of a factor and people being closer in power, and now you want some people to be more powerful simply by being 20 levels ahead.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.

They have talked about doing something like this. In the end though you dont want to start the next expansion doing the same raids you did last expansion. It feels wrong. Also it would completely destroy the theme of an expansion if you where raiding for example Naxx or ICC in a legion themed expansion.

-There is a cooldown for flying mounts. To encourage it to be used only for long distance travels and not for skipping content.
    I think we are fine not flying til 1-2 patches into the expansion. I dont think flying should be gated behind a gold sink tho.

-Expansions will be less about making 80% of previous content unintentionally irrelevant which leads can lead to drought, but more about the development of new features and entirely new adventures which will only elongate the games life.

This way you would either have to halt character progression by not introducing higher ilvl from new raids(people would play each new raid once or twice and then quit) or bring up previous raid tiers ilvl to the new ones(meaning people would be farming older tiers again for new loot).

Both scenarios suck. Another bad idea.

Sorry bro. But next time dont call it "fixes that can save the game" when you are pretty much only talking for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think less quests would 'save the game'. Many people enjoy questing, and/or lore/story among them. Good example, the other thread of the cloak questline should remain. This game isn't about speed, many of the current quests, among the thousands, are meaningful. And rewards, you get them by doing them, or other content. Shouldn't spit loot everytime.

That is a little of training dummy and proving grounds. Wouldn't mind a little more centered on a fight, but you can't get everything in a practice match.

No, hell no. Already many other games that grant experience on crafting, and most of them has been abused due to it. World objectives are coming, and they are to grant XP. And Roleplaying, no. Sorry, but you cannot create a template to grant XP on that. (Speak X amount of lines, receive XP?).

Sounds more like roleplay details. Though, you already are to have 'jobs' function in Legion for your Professions. Though, I think pvp too. Don't think WoW would be a tool for rewarding people to just stand around. The Garrison did that now and then, wasn't popular either.

No thanks, I rather have you - the RP'er - to create your own interests and content. I am praising Blizzard for the wardrobe system, and titles. What I think could help here, would be some in-game profile system, as well as last name system. I don't believe you should take too much away from the players, they should create that, and Blizzard should give tools for it.

Time needed to progress a profession is actually only slow at current content. The rest can be caught up by now. As well, your idea sounds a bit difficult to manage with the hundreds of plans there are.

This, I would support. Just like we have GHI now, I would rather have Blizzard added their supported version in. Permitting people to trade or add it to a library or such about.

No, and yes. Leaderboards is a no go. Never liked it. You already have it from other sites. Though, for bounty Hunting, would love that. It would just need a cooldown and a locked/custom reward setting of own inventory.

Rather not. You unlock the rested you can, and then you can go out and level - come back later then, and rest. Rested isn't a must, it is a gift.

-Smarter A.I. Enemies have more health and abilities also. But give far more rewarding experience. You can gain experience from NPC's, players, and monster of a 40 level range. The higher the level of a monster the more abilities and AI they might have.
    Hmm, rather not. If a level ranged, it should be within 5 levels of your own (above and below), and it shouldn't be active until lvl 60. As for the rest, other than the need of a new A.I, it is already there.

Doubt this would be that popular an idea.

So, basically just another level system, but more locked down. If you add in more ways to earn it, it would be more viable.

To have a long and less expendable content, a lot of old raids are upgraded into a higher level and are gated into paragon levels allowing guilds to have 20 raids to progress through which may make it longer for players to have a drought.
    Basically, you wish to relaunch already released content to defeat drought. I doubt that would be a good idea.

Hmm, rather have a danger added which might reduce your flight, or life.

Apparently according to many threads, this wouldn't be a good idea, they want more content to venture through.

- - - Updated - - -

I think bullshit and lack of evidence..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It'll push back up to 2.5... maybe, with Legion. Maybe 2.4.

Get rid of the raid structure. Not too many people raid anymore. Remove PVP, people only bitch about that anymore. Turn all NPCs into battle pet masters.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I like the idea about a bounty hunter system. That could be fun on PvP servers.

Some kind of official in-game system (maybe you use the AH for it) where you could be a bounty hunter and add your "services" to the AH. Then someone else could send you a "contract" with an enemy player's name in it. This starts a quest for you to kill the enemy player. Once you kill the enemy player, you can collect a head (sort of like how you collect a heart for the Nemesis quest) and complete the quest, then you get the gold reward that was agreed upon at the beginning.

I don't care at all for the other stuff in OP's list though. Especially the note about flying.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-07-28 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Quests are the worst thing that happened to any mmorpg.
    WHAT?!

Quests are like, the core of RPG's, or campaigns as you will it..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like this, everything else on the list was terrible or meh.

wut?

10char

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    considerin blizz isnt givin out numbers anymore im rather interested where you know how much subs they got
    He put his hand in his ass, then he pulled out that number.

Anyone currently playing can tell you the game is currently more active than when subs were 5m+, and thats only going to increase as launch nears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I like this, everything else on the list was terrible or meh.
    1. This would never work

2. They arent making it "unintentionally irrelevant" They are most definately making it irrelevant on purpose like it should be

God no... I would'nt wanna see any of these implemented in the game...
    only thing I miss is the epicness of epics, when it took time to be full epic, and it meant a lot, not like today that you can be full epic in 2-3 weeks.